Dissapointed Big Time...

2bsmoke4ee

So as I've mentioned several times earlier, me and my g/f have been menthol smokers, and like most people, are looking for decent deals on juice when you become total vapers. We originally got our menthol juice from puresmokers, called "Silver leaf Menthol" which is pretty good stuff in our opinion, (actually, the best so far) but rather expensive for the amount you get, compared to other places, so I thought I try a different place to get more juice for the buck, with good reviews behind it first before buying. Since we heard good things about word up flavors, we went ahead and ordered bigger bottles to last us awhile for once.

They have many menthol flavors to choose from, we picked the Salem flavor, since that is what we used to smoke.

If you love menthol, don't get this... even if you don't like menthol, don't get this lol, at best it tastes like a stale Marlboro Light, but still not as good... seriously, not only is it hard to even detect any trace of menthol, whatever is left over is... I don't know what it is, but it isn't that good. Since many here seem to order from there, is there any recourse for us? I only dripped a couple of drops in a LR atomizer for a taste test, knew right away it was wrong, so can we return the two bottles? My g/f agrees, this ain't right! It sucks to be stuck with so much juice that you just don't care for... any similar experiences? If so did you return to try another flavor? Get money back? I'm now vaping juice flavors that I didn't care for from a sample pack we got when we first started vaping. They all taste pretty good compared to this.

Edited by 2bsmoke4ee

Most vendors will not allow eliquid to be returned. They cannot sell eliquid that has been used (they could, but it would be bad for business if anyone found out). And since taste is subjective, they can't allow people to return eliquid just because they don't like it (they would probably get lots of returns). I would recommend going forward that you always try smaller bottles first until you know if you like it. Again, taste is subjective so even if you see a good review on eliquid, that doesn't mean you'll like it. I've had tons of eliquid that I didn't like and it's piled up in a box. I gave away a lot of it here on the forum, and still have quite a bit left. You could put it up for sale (or trade) in the classifieds.

In your case, where you ordered menthol but don't taste any menthol, I see no harm in contacting Jeffrey and letting him know you're disappointed with the taste. I don't know if he'll do anything for you, but no harm in asking.

I have found, and I believe others have, too, that liquid from wordup needs a bit of time to sit to fully flavor up. They make it to order, so your order was made shortly after you ordered it. I have some lime that I ordered in my first order from them back in August that has quite an impact now. It's like it mellowed and settled into what it was supposed to be. I'd say this difference was at least two weeks from when I first tried it. I know it's tough to wait. But it might be worth it. And at the end, like Brian said, you can trade or sell it here.

You also might try getting some menthol crystals or DIY no nic menthol liquid. Some people find that when used very sparingly in any flavor they get, it adds to the throat hit without overpowering the flavor, say at like two drops per 10ml bottle. You could add much more than that, of course, to get that menthol you're really looking for.

Do contact Jeffrey at wordup. I'm sure he'll have some advice for you. But, I agree with Brian, vendors don't typically do returns.

You'll find something that works, soon I hope!

Brian is right flavor is really subjective. You and your girlfriend have been vaping for a little over a month now, is that correct? I know you are hooked on finding that perfect menthol flavor, but you should really give whirl at some other flavors if you have not done so.

The only menthol I have tried was a sample from Awesome Vapor. I am not a menthol person. I have to say, it was strong, it was so strong that it opened up my airway. I was quite pleased at the flavor, but menthol is not for me. I finally passed it on to a menthol person. They really seemed to like it.

When I first started, there were flavors that I bought that were just horrible. I stuck them in the corner for emergencies or to pass on to someone else. But after revisiting those flavors a few months later, I found that the flavor really wasn't that bad and I have actually reordered some of them. Maybe it was steeping but I doubt it. Most the of the liquid available when I started was Dekang, I am sure it had ample time to steep between here and China. I really think that my sense of smell and taste took longer to change. I also find that certain flavors taste better at different times of the day. Your flavor choices and habits may change the longer you vape.

It doesn't hurt to contact Jeffrey. Good luck.

I agree with all the posters here. Liquid cannot be resold. Flavors can change and/or your tastes change. Adding some additional menthol may be the trick. You could also add some menthol or other flavoring (in very small increments) to your other liquids .. OR you could pass them in a PIF (pay it forward) fashion, barter or sell.

There are so many options when it comes to vaping that it's very much about experimenting. Never buy large amounts of anything unless you've tried it before, including hardware. That's not to say the product isn't any good, but it may not be right for you. It can be frustrating from time to time but remember this .. you're not smoking anymore, or at least you've cut back and THAT is almost a miracle. Whatever little bits you spend sampling flavors you don't like will more than be made up for, monetarily and otherwise, when you do find what you do like and what works best for you. Ultimately it's a win/win situation but with hurdles along the way. Anything worth having is worth the effort, is it not? So if ever you have questions, concerns or anything else you need help with please don't hesitate to post. We're all here to help one another not only make the transition but to continue to be successful.

I'd like to add that this site has the best group of people dedicated to one another that I've had the pleasure of participating in, benefiting from and contributing to.

Good luck! ;)

I have found that most juices do flavor up. I got B&H menthol from Jeffery and it was ok at first then about 2 weeks later it was like it changed over night. I had moved to other flavors but hubby liked that one the best. I have found Jeffery to be very helpful so I'd send him a message. The Salem may have been too light of a menthol for you, none really tastes like analogs. He can help direct you to a stronger flavor, he doesn't take returns on juices, like a pharmacy they all have to be so careful there are people out there who would put stuff in juice just for kicks. The tylenol case comes to mind. Not that you would but you have to have some pretty strict rules and stick to them if they could involve peoples health. Jeffery is great guy and his number one concern is customer satisfaction so let him know.

noXious quote: "I'd like to add that this site has the best group of people dedicated to one another that I've had the pleasure of participating in, benefiting from and contributing to."

And I agree with that! A really nice helpful crew here, no doubt... I will give Jeffery a email, and tell him our experience. We just ordered more Silver Leaf Menthol from Puresmaoker. We will probably get a bottle of 0 nic Menthol to add to the wordup juice, got to use it somehow, just to much to waste. We have a total of 100ml of the stuff. I'll give it another try in the next few days as well to see if it changes any. Thanks a bunch for the helpful, quick responses... :thumbsup:

Edited by 2bsmoke4ee

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines