Finally Here

well....my ego finally arrived saturday, unfortunately a good case of the grunge hit me at about the same time so I didn't/haven't really had the chance to go nuts with it like I would have liked to, but real quickly a few thoughts.

First off a big thanks to everyone on this forum who helped to make my decision a bit easier and much more informed( heck....I could have ended up with a blu...)and a big shout out to christopher and the vapor talk gang. Was short 1 bottle of liquid and that was taken care of in very short order. Thanks all.

First off, the ego is a sexy little unit. My main goal is to get off analogs and did not want a unit that looked like a real cig. This thing is just what I had hoped it would be.

So... a few comments and a few questions. The cartridges that came with the unit have far exceeded my expectations. Great draw and TONS of vape. The atomizers came with carts on them that had no filler in them...I'm assuming that these serve as the mouthpiece for the atomizer when direct dripping? Been somewhat disappointed with the cartomizers so far. Threw one due to not getting a good draw on it after trying everything I could find on this forum to try. Second one has been better, but nowhere near the production of the regular cart. The batterys have not lasted nearly as long as I hoped they would but perhaps after a few charges that may change. Other than that ( hope that didn't sound negative) I am very happy and think that this will help me to achieve my goal of becoming smoke free. In the last 2 days I have had a total of 4 drummies (hand rolled) as opposed to the 80 or so that I normally would have had, so I'm very hopeful.

big shout out to christopher and the vapor talk gang. Was short 1 bottle of liquid and that was taken care of in very short order. Thanks all.

Anytime :D

So... a few comments and a few questions. The cartridges that came with the unit have far exceeded my expectations. Great draw and TONS of vape. The atomizers came with carts on them that had no filler in them...I'm assuming that these serve as the mouthpiece for the atomizer when direct dripping?

That's correct those are used for direct dripping

Been somewhat disappointed with the cartomizers so far. Threw one due to not getting a good draw on it after trying everything I could find on this forum to try. Second one has been better, but nowhere near the production of the regular cart. The batterys have not lasted nearly as long as I hoped they would but perhaps after a few charges that may change. Other than that ( hope that didn't sound negative) I am very happy and think that this will help me to achieve my goal of becoming smoke free. In the last 2 days I have had a total of 4 drummies (hand rolled) as opposed to the 80 or so that I normally would have had, so I'm very hopeful.

How long are the batteries on the eGo lasting? They should last about 10 hours or so. The cartomizer are sort of a learning curve. The draw shouldn't be tight at all. In fact it should be a bit lighter than an atomizer. Give it some time and you'll learn how to fill them correctly :)

I'm sure I'll get the hang of the carts. So far the one battery has lasted about 4 hours, maybe 5 for a couple of go rounds and the other a little longer. I dunno...I'll try to make an effort to really time them this next time, but do know that yesterday I drained them both. Did have it in my pocket so.....

Ya, Like Christopher said...

The learning curve takes a bit of time and patience, but is so worth it all. As, I am sure, you have already noticed--vaping tastes soooo much better than smoking.

Hopefully you are feeling better...

It could be "first time usage" battery life. Meaning whenever we first get a new product we use it more than normal out of excitement. But normally the eGo lasts about 10 hours when fully charged. The exception to this is when using LR atomizers. (LR atomizer cut the battery life in half) :)

I'm sure I'm probably underestimating the actual time....and being in my front pocket I very well may have activated it...or maybe I vaped like a nic addicted chimp without realizing it...lol...

Thanks kit...I am feeling way better and yes...it does taste way better than analogs. In fact the last drummie I had tasted pretty bad and I have always looked forward to a smoke and a lot of the reason was for the flavor. The exotic tasted terrible at first but its tasting better each time. I wonder if this could be the nic I'm tasting because my own little mixtures (0 nic) so far have tasted pretty good.

I have decided taste is a very funny thing--Flavors I didn't like initially, became my favorites. My taste buds seemed to change fairly quickly. the 0 nics usually are a bit less harsh and a bit sweeter overall to me (which I like). But I still like the throat hit that is offered by nicotine. I usually alternate between the 2.

could be also that you are feeling better there for tasting a bit better.....

Glad to hear your Ego finally arrived. I think you're really gonna love it once you get the hang of all the different atty's, carts, and carto's.

You will find a big difference between the regular and low res atty's and carto's.

And Kit is absolutely right about taste. It's different for everyone and when your taste buds start coming back you'll notice that juices you didn't like at first are really quite good.

It's all about the time....hope you're feeling better and enjoy the vape.

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask...we're all here for ya.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbsup.gif

I recall my batteries not lasting very long for the first few days or so. Now I get 16hrs consistently out of both batts.

Also, did your kit come with the button protectors? if so, use them if youre going to be carrying your egos in your pocket. the button on the ego, as you know, protrudes and can easily be activated in your pocket.

A friend of mine actually popped an atty from carrying his ego in his front pocket. His leg got real hot and he heard a snap. When he pulled the ego out it was smokin hot and the atty was shot. So take caution when traveling around that way.

Dude.

And I'm one of the few that can't stand messin' around with attys. So I only use cartos. I would recommend you try some LR cartos from a reputable store and see what you think. And remember... if the draw is really hard you may need to stick a paperclip all the way through the center and sort of line it all up good so it draws right. (I do this with every carto once it starts getting hard to draw on... and I'm good to go again.) I'm just happy that I don't ever have to worry about getting that "burnt atty" taste due to not enough juice! Vape on! :thumbsup:

By the way... I've gone through a LOT of cartos and I have yet to have one that was DOA or that I couldn't make work by simply lining up the airway. They aren't always perfectly aligned from the factory.

Edited by DAYVAPE