Steeping?

Shihzam

I have dived in to the world of DIY and really enjoying it. Mad several small batches and taste fine, moved up to creating my own flavors to taste and getting more hooked with each batch. While hanging out at some other forums on DIY'ing started to hear about "Steeping" and how it increases the flavor. Now I am not a impatient man, but when I mix a batch I want it NOW. Is it really that much better to make a batch of this lovely liquid and then let it sit in a cool dark place all by itself for a week or more?

personally--No. But I guess like everything else vaping, its all preference. I too prefer instant gratification. There are so many flavor choices (flavoring) I can create infinite flavor combinations in whatever flavor strength I want.

not enough patience for steeping.....:turned:

Never heard of this before. Can't see why I would mix a flavor and then wait for a week to try it out. (NAAAH)

I'm with the "Queen" on this one. I want it now!!!!

Good luck on the mixing.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbup.gif

I have actually heard that it is indeed helpful if you are adding any of the powdered sweetener to your juices. It gives it all the time needed to dissolve all the way in the liquid. Just what I've heard from some experienced mixologists...not just my opinion. I certainly don't think it will hurt any of your juices to sit a while and get good and mixed together. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

FYI. Steeping.... The reason your juices are getting darker over time is because Nicotine is light and air sensitive, thus degrading at a quicker rate and again turning darker. I suggest keeping your juices in the fridge. You really don't want to be vapeing Nicotine degradation products!!

I'm a scientist... and I've worked on many Nicotine cessation products.

Since I originally posted this I have learned there maybe something to this steeping. I was trying to make a peach cobbler in my DIY lab, adding a little this and a little that, not matter what I did it tasted like :censored: . It was only 5 mil so I set it off to the side. After about a week I picked it back up to try again. The taste was perfect, great aroma, taste and tons of vapor! Now if I can only find my notes as to what I had added..... :whistle:

Since I originally posted this I have learned there maybe something to this steeping. I was trying to make a peach cobbler in my DIY lab, adding a little this and a little that, not matter what I did it tasted like  :censored: . It was only 5 mil so I set it off to the side. After about a week I picked it back up to try again. The taste was perfect, great aroma, taste and tons of vapor! Now if I can only find my notes as to what I had added..... :whistle:

I've also noticed this since you first posted.  I made several bottles of juice and have been rotating them.  I've noticed that as time passes, the flavor seems to get better, more defined.  Also, I made some caramel coffee and it was way to strong (only used 2.5% FA Caramel Capp, but way to strong).  After letting it sit for a week, it came out pretty darn good.  I was able to dilute it just a little and it's might good now.

I'm really thinking there might be something to the whole steeping thing.....

Not that I will be able to wait to vape any new mixes--I will just save a bit of it and let it steep for a few days.

It seems to be with just certain flavors and I am thinking it may be with Loranns in particular. I've only used Loranns and PA's flavoring, I'll keep better notes.

Also I am wondering if it also may have to do with VG and what percentage of VG we are using?

Hmmmmm--Good point. I am mostly using VG these days. Whatever PG is from the flavors I am using. My Apple pie and coffee flavors seem to be better after steeping--VG base with about 30-40% flavor.