Atomizer Cleaning

what kind of cleaning solution should i get? they have stuff for jewelery, carb cleaner, gun cleaner, but not much in the way of 'general purpose' cleaner.

Edited by bzeisman

what kind of cleaning solution should i get? they have stuff for jewelery, carb cleaner, gun cleaner, but not much in the way of 'general purpose' cleaner.

Id use rubbing alcohol or distilled water

A little side info on cleaning the atomizer. I noticed on my 510 that it would get part of the stuffing from the cartridge stuck in it and was hard to really see it stuck down near the heating coil. But did notice lower vapor and a nasty flavor so fooled around with it and found out with a small nail file that has a curved tip I could gently pull the stuffing out of the atomizer then use a tweezer to get it out. Pulled a bunch of the junk out and my atomizer started acting like new. No more nasty taste and put out full vapor again. Plus I didn't have to worry about killing it. I'd guess if you didn't pull the stuffing that got stuck out but instead just tried boiling it, you'd end up killing it. So before going the boiling or solution cleaning route, take out a light, and look closely to see if its gunked up. Just be gentle and don't accidentally hit the heating filament. Half tempted to make a video of how to clean out atomizers of the gunk. Seems to be the best thing I've found with mine so far.