Stores That Carry Ecigs And Vapors

thehookahman

I am kinda new to the scene so forgive my ignorance. So many things to learn. Its my second day with the e cig and I am wondering why I didnt hear about this before.

Better make this a 2 part question.

1 How long have these products been on the US market.

2 Are there any stores in KY where I can check out more of these products? Ive only found very cheap and disposable models in gas stations and truck stops.

Its kinda difficult to get an idea how everything works watching videos and researching online. I guess im kinda a hands on person. Really amazed by these products and looking forward to learning everything I can.

I don't think you'll have much luck finding actual stores that carry them. Most suppliers are online only right now. I'm a hands on person too and was lucky enough to have a friend show me hers. This site is probably the next best thing to actually being able to see the product.

Hey HookahMan,

I'm pretty surprised that someone hasn't jumped in to answer your question. The problem seems to be that the stores carry the brands that are cheaply made but very expensive. And certain products online (as recommended in this forum) are better quality and cheaper but you don't get the benefit of "hands on".

IF you can find someone in your area in this forum, I'd see if you can get together.. I think that's your number one best bet.

The only thing I'll say about "hands on" is that IF you must have a store to go to AND the cigarette look and feel is important to you.... the only "over the counter" eCig that I would recommend is SmokeStik. (Avoid Blu, SmokingEverywhere, SmokingAnywhere, Mall Kiosk brands, etc etc.) SmokeStik are expensive, ($99 for a starter kit w/ bonuses) but at least they are not cheaply made. I've used them and I know their quality and their customer service is great. They have a few locations in KY. https://usa.smokestik.com/show_locations.php?state=ky

If the cigarette look and feel in your hand is a little less important, I'd take the advise of most people on this forum and just go with a 510 or eGo. You will invest less money and you will be happier in the long run. More likely than not... if you like vaping, you'll experiment with a variety of options. But at least your initial experience will be a happy one... and you will have spent less on the startup.

On piece of advice... Take the money that you would spend on cigarettes and put it in a jar. If you are a pack-a-day smoker then put away $6-7 every day. Every time you would purchase smokes... instead put the same amount of money in a "kitty" somewhere so that you have cash to spend on ecigs. eCigs are consumables just like cigarettes. They don't last forever. Besides juice... Stuff wears out and burns up. Not nearly as expensive as cigarettes but you are going to need to spend money to keep it going. If you save the money, you'll have a lot of cash to play with other brands and mods. If you don't, you'll wonder why you have to keep spending $X every month or so to keep this going. So save the money for awhile until you get an idea of what you will want to spend on ecigs.

Blessings ... and have a great time doing this.

Edited by HyOnLyph

Welcome to Vapor Talk Hooka!! :thumbsup: As has been said, there aren't too many stores out there at the moment. The best way to get a feel for different mods is to try to find a local meetup in your area and see what other people are using. Like many others will post-you might want to start out with the ego (great battery life and it's not too big). Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Oh yeah, The products have been around for a while but are just now REALLY getting some press.

I see on another thread that you already have a SafeCig. I thought you wanted to find a place for your first eCig. OK so you already know what not to buy. And you are finding the experience a little less than what you expected.

I don't know one person that has been disappointed by the eGo. I haven't tried it myself because I'm short on $ and find my 510 and SS are meeting my needs nicely. I'm a light vaper. The eGo is a little larger than a regular analog or look-alike eCig. But it's actually cool looking and (from what I hear)fits really nice in the hand.

If you want to go a little fancier... check out the Volcano Inferno http://www.volcanoecigs.com/the-inferno.html

I have heard that it's the same as the eGo but with a little different finish and some extra stuff in the kit.

Edited by HyOnLyph

Where in Ky are you I'm not far from there. I haven't seen anything like the ego in my area but there are a few places that have the really expensive knockoffs. Everyone here has been very helpful and welcoming to me so I'm sure any questions you may have will be answered, I had a TON of them at first but didn't find this forum until after I had done most of my research. Don't be me...ask!!

• 4 weeks later...

I found out about a store in Indianapolis - on W 32nd st. Not too far fetched if you live near Louisville.

Chicopee

I am kinda new to the scene so forgive my ignorance. So many things to learn. Its my second day with the e cig and I am wondering why I didnt hear about this before.

Better make this a 2 part question.

1 How long have these products been on the US market.

2 Are there any stores in KY where I can check out more of these products? Ive only found very cheap and disposable models in gas stations and truck stops.

Its kinda difficult to get an idea how everything works watching videos and researching online. I guess im kinda a hands on person. Really amazed by these products and looking forward to learning everything I can.

I found out about a store in Indianapolis - on W 32nd st. Not too far fetched if you live near Louisville.

Chicopee

The Indy Vape store. It's a coin store that sells ecigs and juices. We stay 2 blocks from there when we go the races in Indy and you can be certain I'll be stopping in. Closed on Friday and sat.but I'll make a Thursday run. Very easy to find if you know where the track is the store is 2 blocks away. Just off Georgetown road. You can also look into vaper clubs in your area and go to a meet. At the WCV meet we have many suppliers there and they bring plenty of stuff to sell, also you can see what others are using and if you're very nice they will let you try them out:) This is an industry where you have to just trust your supplier, the ones on here are safe and I personally trust Jeffery at wordup for all my hardware. VT store is also very customer oriented and his shipping is super fast. Wordup has free shipping. Christopher also has some of the most consistant and tasty juice on the market. He sells out fast due to demand.I like to buy and carry out with me but I'm learning patience these days. Good Luck!