Vaportalk E-Liquid Question

MeJo

Hi all! This is my first go at refilling cartos. I choose vaportalk's e-liquid grape flavor and all the reviews said good vapor production. So I'm figuring that I am doing something wrong here. The taste is a little harsh and there is very little vapor. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

I am using smokesticks cartos, and about 15 drops of liquid.

It depends on what was in your carto's to begin with.If you are not refilling with something close to the original flavor you will end up with something like what you described.You can clean a carto in hot water or Everclear and then change flavors.A carto only has so much life in it and if you have vaped more than 10 ml it probably will never taste very good again.

Hi all! This is my first go at refilling cartos. I choose vaportalk's e-liquid grape flavor and all the reviews said good vapor production. So I'm figuring that I am doing something wrong here. The taste is a little harsh and there is very little vapor. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

I am using smokesticks cartos, and about 15 drops of liquid.

I have used SmokeStik cartos. And still do sometimes. Since you said you are kind of new at refilling the SS carto....

Not that it matters... but what battery are you using (just curious)

And I've used VT Grape in them and you should be getting clouds of vapor and flavor.

First, did you refill it by pulling all of the little grommets and filter out? Just like Chris's video shows in the previous post. If not, you'll have a puddle of juice at the top and it'll take a long time for it to drain into the carto. You don't have to replace them if you don't want to. (so says the SS rep) but I do because I don't want any chance of juicy in the mouth.

Second, when refilling, tilt the carto and let the juice run down the sides. And when you are finished, drip about 2 drips right down the center tube.

Third. you should be able to get 20-30 drops in a pretty dry carto. But 17 drops should be OK but it may take it a minute to wick down to the elect. filiment (the atty).

SS are made different than most. They have a horizontal attomizer at the bottom of the wicking material. It's very efficient and long lasting but takes a little time for new juice to reach it. Try holding it in your fingers, threads out, and shake it like an old style mercury thermometer. Flick your wrists. It's best not to let it run dry. refill once in a while before running dry.

I hope you didn't pull out the wicking material. Some can get away with it but it's generally Not a good idea. You can wash it while it's still in the carto.

They don't last forever and sometimes they just die. Although, I have to say... I've never had one die yet... but I'm a light vaper.

Feel free to ask questions. I'll do what I can to help. PM me if you like.

Edited by HyOnLyph