Anyone Vaping Constantly?

CASEACE79

I just got my 1st ecig yesterday and I've been vaping constantly. I have a really addictive and obsessive nature so I know this is part of it. My ? is does it go away? Good news is that I've only had 3 analogs in the past 24hrs. And kind of off subject and I've seen posts elsewhere but what is a good tobacco replacement. Im not limiting myself to just tobacco either. Actually 4 out of the 5 e liquids I ordered last night weren't tobacco flavored. Thanks from a grateful noob.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I was in the beginning. Constantly vaping and trying new flavors. I vaped more than I would normally smoke. I completely quit smoking and that eventually died down. Now I just vape pretty much the same amount or less than how much I used to smoke.

I pretty much vape constantly, but I know that I do, so I cut my juice with some pg and vg to lower the nicotine. I buy 24mg juice and cut it down to 16mg - this saves money too!

Maybe, once the novelty of it all wears off I'll slow down a bit. I used to smoke cigars and pipes too so Im used to smoking for an hour at a time. I was one of 2 kids in college smoking a pipe. I was known as "pipe dude." I love pipe tobacco, but now I have access to even more flavors with vaping!

I look at it this way: when I was smoking tobacco I was inhaling over 4000 chemicals; now I'm only inhaling a couple. Seems like a winner to me. Even if I double the amount I vape over what I smoked I'll never be able to add up to 4000 so who cares.

Vape away!

Dude.

I started at 24mg and kept to my regular smoking schedule (no more than once an hour, not indoors, not in the car, etc) as I was unsure how I was going to react. I was committed to getting to 0mg so after a while I started cutting down around 2mg ever two weeks or so. Then I started vaping constantly, indoors, in the car, at work inside (stealth). I thought it was lack of nicotine but now I'm pretty convinced as I felt better, I was simply doing what I wanted to do all along, "smoke" all the time. Since I was feeling better and better each day, why not? Anyway, got to zero and the urge kind of went away after a few weeks. Don't even "have to" while drinking (though I like to). I think my ego is somewhere around the house, haven't seen it for a few days. And I'm the guy who would roll the dice at the airport just before boarding by going back through security to get one more smoke in. So I think normal, your decision and I always recommend trying to cut down, you might be surprised. Of course, if you find yourself just staring at the knife in the kitchen while your better half yells at you, bring the level back up a little!! ;-)

Hi, I think all kinds of analyses can be made regarding what, why, how and when we vape. I believe someone posted here on the forum that when we vape we're taking in less nic than when we smoked analogs. Idk the science behind that. However, in the beginning, vaping was new and exciting, for me. I couldn't put my pv down. I still have my eGo in my hand a lot of the time. It goes where I go. Am I vaping less after five months? Idk, I haven't monitored myself. I think the best argument to be made is the one elDuderino expressed. What an analog smoker is ingesting is a crime against humanity. And the known carcinogens that are in them to keep people smoking all over the world? Shame, shame, shame on the tobacco companies!!!

Everyone has their personal goals. Some want to wean, some vape all day and night on 0mg, some vape very high levels of nicotine. I put in a vote for being grateful that I have this technology available to me. Vaping will certainly help no matter what decision I make in the future! Right now tho, 'Preacher Lily' loves to vape! So many choices in what pv's to buy, so many e-liquid flavors, so very much fun! :)

I started at 11 mgs went up to 16 then 24 and finally up to 36mgs!

Yes I still vape like theres no tomorrow and it's been 3 mos for me so far.

I've tried lowering my nic level but I get cigarette cravings when I drop below 36mg.

I just got my 1st ecig yesterday and I've been vaping constantly. I have a really addictive and obsessive nature so I know this is part of it. My ? is does it go away? Good news is that I've only had 3 analogs in the past 24hrs. And kind of off subject and I've seen posts elsewhere but what is a good tobacco replacement. Im not limiting myself to just tobacco either. Actually 4 out of the 5 e liquids I ordered last night weren't tobacco flavored. Thanks from a grateful noob.

We sound a lot alike. ;) I've got that addictive/obsessive nature, too and--yep--I vape a LOT!! I don't care, though (except I really go through the juice! LOL). Today is 7 weeks that I started vaping. I'm loving it and I don't care how much I vape at all. I've read that eventually most slow down.

Like you, too, I have surprised myself that I'm not into the tobacco flavors. My thing is coffee vapes and also found an English Toffee I am addicted to (see my review on VapeRite--accidently spelled it wrong on the review by spelling it "Vaporite").

Congratulations on beginning your e-cig journey! If you're like me, you'll soon be off cigarettes completely!

You are SOOOO right on track. Yes, you will vape, A LOT in the beginning. Yes, it does wane. You are totally following the trend of many of us who cut down their analog use dramatically in just the first day or two. And you are TOTALLY doing the right thing by mixing up the flavors because the more you get to likin the alternate flavors, the more that analogs are going to taste like PURE KAKA to you at some point.

So I'd say you are doing FAAAbulous!

Remember: Vapor talk doesn't have this little emoticon for no reason: :baby:

:hrhr:

Jodie

I have slowed down a bit but at first it never left my hand. I think it's like a security blanket, don't need to smoke have the ecig, don't need to smoke.....Now that I feel completely free I do put it down for longer periods of time, but I'm a little crazed about insuring I'm fully charged at all times and have plenty of supplies with me. Not really different than making sure you have that extra pack just in case when you go out.

I'm obsessed with vaping, too. Gotta have my backups. And then more backups. In the beginning, I had to try a whole bunch of different PV devices, all the juices, etc. Over time I slowed down on that. I found the devices and juices and attys that work best for me and I'm quite content where I'm at right now. But that's about all I've slowed down on. I still vape a lot. Almost never put my PV down. If I'm doing something that I need both hands for, it will be in my pocket - very near my hand. LOL

Like mastiffmom said, it is like a security blanket. Or a pacifier. And having the supplies handy and batteries charged is like being sure you have that extra pack of cigarettes. I'd never really thought of that way before, but I always made sure I had a carton of cigarettes in the house if we were expecting a snowstorm. There was no way I wanted to be snowed in and not able to get out for more cigarettes. So I've always been obsessed about backups - even before I'd heard of vaping.

I'm obsessed with vaping, too. Gotta have my backups. And then more backups. In the beginning, I had to try a whole bunch of different PV devices, all the juices, etc. Over time I slowed down on that. I found the devices and juices and attys that work best for me and I'm quite content where I'm at right now. But that's about all I've slowed down on. I still vape a lot. Almost never put my PV down. If I'm doing something that I need both hands for, it will be in my pocket - very near my hand. LOL

Like mastiffmom said, it is like a security blanket. Or a pacifier. And having the supplies handy and batteries charged is like being sure you have that extra pack of cigarettes. I'd never really thought of that way before, but I always made sure I had a carton of cigarettes in the house if we were expecting a snowstorm. There was no way I wanted to be snowed in and not able to get out for more cigarettes. So I've always been obsessed about backups - even before I'd heard of vaping.

Exactly !!!! thumbsup.gifunworthy.gif