Shocking Pass Through

HI! OK so I received my first pass through which I ordered from Mad Vapes. I also ordered some liquids 5 ml samplers out of which I need to say this thing called Irish Mintz is AWESOME!

However the pass through is the issue and before I call/write MadVapes I wanted to ask here to make sure I am not doin' it wrong. I plugged it into my computer usb and put in a carto with a drip tip and enjoyed it for about 20 or 30 minutes before I wanted Dulcis and changed to that carto with no drip tip. That is when I shocked the hell out of my lips. Yeah, I thought at first the carto had cut me but sure enough I am getting shocked. Then I put a regular atty on thinking I was not supposed to use cartos but where the battery connects to the atty also shocked me. I touched it to my hand and got shocked, and again and again. Now I pulled it out and never got a chance to try it in my laptop or with the plug in adapter I have for my PCC (which I don't even know if that would work anyway) so if I have not tried something that would work then great. Otherwise I assume I have received a faulty product or it is not a good brand anyway. I do not think that it is Joyetech but I don't honestly know what brand it is.

Can anyone confirm or advise me please? And I may need advise regarding the perfect pass through to buy cause I really wnat that image of the Alice in Underland Caterpillar(HA!) No seriously I do believe it to be a cost effective method of vaping if it works and I was excited cause they advertised this one as a 5 Volt higher voltage vape experience. So I would still either like a replacement from Mad Vapes if it is faulty or a totally new one from somewhere else I guess. :devil:

Thanks for any Help!!!

IMO= In my opinion.

I agree email them and get a replacement.

Thanks and in that case I definitely agree with FTJoe, or at least I have ordered from them once before and both times I received package within 24 hours of shipping and I absolutely LOVE their Butter Rum and now their IRISH MINTZ flavor may even be better. These liquids are inexpensive too!

That reminds me though someone said something about their Butter Rum the other day in a comment to my question....anyone know if their Buter Rum has bad ingredients in it or what happened to it cause I was gonna order a lot more and it was not just out but not even an option on their site. I still have like 15 or so Mls of it and would like to keep vaping it.

Anyway I plan to order liquid from them as long as it is a good as it is. :devil:

Edited by lightbringer

Thanks and in that case I definitely agree with FTJoe, or at least I have ordered from them once before and both times I received package within 24 hours of shipping and I absolutely LOVE their Butter Rum and now their IRISH MINTZ flavor may even be better. These liquids are inexpensive too!

That reminds me though someone said something about their Butter Rum the other day in a comment to my question....anyone know if their Buter Rum has bad ingredients in it or what happened to it cause I was gonna order a lot more and it was not just out but not even an option on their site. I still have like 15 or so Mls of it and would like to keep vaping it.

Anyway I plan to order liquid from them as long as it is a good as it is. :devil:

I will vouch that Madvapes is a great supplier. I am at their shop once a week or every two weeks. All of their flavorings are of the same brand from what I know and they make your liquid to order. They make mine right in front of me. I am not sure why they aren't listing the Butter Rum but maybe they are just out of that flavoring right now. They will be branching out to a larger space soon and have great plans for new things.

I am sure they will exchange your passthrough for you.

Good luck. Don't get zapped anymore

OK OK Check this out!!!!!!!!

1st let me say that I received a response from David very happily willing to exchange my pass through but WAIT!!!!!

I got home last night from work bout 6 or so and went to plug my eGo battery into the charger which is and has always been plugged into my computer and guess what? It shocked me! It has never done that but I thought if it is shocking me and never has then maybe my passthrough is not faulty but my computer somehow suddenly is. Computer seems to be fine and eGo charged well enough AND sure enough I plugged my passthrough into my XBOX 360 and it works fine with no shock!

I plugged it into my laptop and though I get a message saying I have exceeded the power output of the usb port it works fine their too. Now I could not get it to work with the AC outlet adapter that I have but that could be the adapters output etc. right? Anyway It looks as though It is not a faulty pass through after all. Right?

Help me understand cause all I know about electricity and technology is how to work it not how it works. Seriously I don't want to waste Madvapes time or destroy my XBOX etc. so I need some advice 'bout this. :devil:

Sounds like your troubleshooting skills are right on track- :thumbsup: I don't think there is anything wrong with your pt, It sounds like you have a shorted usb at the computer end. I would avoid plugging anything else into that usb port as it can damage anything pluged into it. Is your ego charger still working at an ac outlet or at your x-box? If they haven't been damaged by the computer, they should still be ok.

Electronic devices that give the user a shock is usually a faulty ground somewhere in the device, or a missing ground in the AC outlet where it is plugged into. Try plugging the computer into a different AC outlet to verify if it is a missing ground in the outlet, or you could also try a different computer power cable. If it proves to be the computer itself, I would have it repaired or replaced as soon as possible, as this type of problem could aso have negitive effects on the other computer devices connected to it (printers webcams, external drives, etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

OK OK Check this out!!!!!!!!

I got home last night from work bout 6 or so and went to plug my eGo battery into the charger which is and has always been plugged into my computer and guess what? It shocked me! It has never done that but I thought if it is shocking me and never has then maybe my passthrough is not faulty but my computer somehow suddenly is. Computer seems to be fine and eGo charged well enough AND sure enough I plugged my passthrough into my XBOX 360 and it works fine with no shock!

I plugged it into my laptop and though I get a message saying I have exceeded the power output of the usb port it works fine their too.

Well it depends on how you look at things. Seems everything was working fine, until you plugged in the new PT. Now devices that once worked do not.

maybe my passthrough is not faulty but my computer somehow suddenly is.

So you are saying that the computer that was working fine just so happened to go bad when you plugged in the PT? Then you proceed to plug the same PT into other devices? Not the way I would of went about it.

I get a message saying I have exceeded the power output of the usb port

To me that would be the time to quickly remove it.

Whether the PT was good or faulty doesn't really matter as far as your original computer, but I would guess that it did in fact jack up your computers USB.

Well it depends on how you look at things. Seems everything was working fine, until you plugged in the new PT. Now devices that once worked do not.

So you are saying that the computer that was working fine just so happened to go bad when you plugged in the PT? Then you proceed to plug the same PT into other devices? Not the way I would of went about it.

To me that would be the time to quickly remove it.

Whether the PT was good or faulty doesn't really matter as far as your original computer, but I would guess that it did in fact jack up your computers USB.

This was supposed to be helpful I am guessing but it sounds like admonishment and it's much too late to have helped but thanks for the sarcastic condescension...did ya want ta' anger people or help? First experience with this kind of approach on this forum...don't like it; nope.

I would like to inform everyone who is still apparently intetested that my passthru, computer, x box, laptop, etc are all working fine and I enjoy my passthru very much every night while it is plugged into its new ac adapter and car adapter. All of which came from Madvapes and I would advise that they can sell you these items as well at good prices too. If yer interested. :devil:

Let me add my 2¢, for any other members ready to take the plunge.

These PT's are chintzy devices made with the cheapest components available. They have nothing in them that could possibly protect either the atty or the device that they are plugged into in case of a short. Hopefully your game consoles and computers can quickly deal with a dead short or stuck on button. As a long time PT user abuse is inevitable. They get yanked, dropped, stepped on etc. and the one you buy today may well be different than tomorrows.

That one person has declared the 'universal fitness' of them as safe, should be considered with a grain of salt.

The various e-cig forums are strewn with horror stories concerning PT damage to expensive equipment, even with the more expensive PTs that purport to have various electronic safeguards built in.

Buy a $10 AC/DC USB 2000mA adapter, not only to save you equipment but you'll also get better performance.