New To Vaping As Well

Horne4291

Hello all, I am new to the whole vaping world. An I am really interested in getting into it to for a whole bunch of reasons. The main reason is its better than regular smoking. I have watch a lot a videos an read a lot of reviews about so many different kinds. It's very overwhelming to me. So I have a few questions I would like to ask an hopefully you all can help me.

I smoke about one to two packs a normal cigs a day to start out with. I would like to know what would be the best Ecig for me? I would like one with long battery life. An I would like to drip my own juice. Also I want something that has a great throat hit, I hope you know what I mean by this. Size does not matter to me. I want one that can produce a lot of vapor an be helpful for the kind of smoker I am. I was thinking about getting the Joye eGo. Also if I get the Joye eGo I was thinking about getting the Joye 302 Atomizer Gold Band, do these two go together? Thanks to anyone who helps me. I'm looking forward to get my hands on one of these. :)

Welcome to the forum!

The Ego would be a good choice to start with. The Ego uses a 510 atomizer. The 510 produces really good vapor. I do have the Ego and am very happy. I mostly use a regular 510 atomizer (with drip tip for direct dripping) or a 510 cartomizer.

The 302 atomizer is a pen style atomizer. It is longer and wider than the 510. That doesn't mean it holds more liquid than the 510, it is just a different style. The 302 also produces very nice vapor and IMO better flavor. The 302 will not fit on the Ego. You will need a 510 to 302/801 atomizer adapter for it to fit on the Ego battery. I am not sure if there is 510 to 302/801 adapter. I am sure someone else will be able to answer that question. I usually go the opposite direction, fitting a 510 on a 302/801 fitting.

If you plan on going the direct drip route, I suggest you get a drip tip. The drip tips have a wide bore hole that allows you to drip the liquid on the atomizer without having to remove the mouth piece.

For liquid choices, because you smoke about 1-2 packs a day, I would go with a bit higher level. I am going to suggest 16/18 mg. I smoked about what you did and that seem to fit me well. I have tried some stuff a bit higher and it really made me goofy. Also, get a few different flavors. Maybe a tobacco flavor, something fruity and something in between. Tobacco flavors really don't mimic the flavor of a real cigarette. IMO tobacco flavors have a nutty flavor.

I am sure others will be stopping by to give you more information. Good luck and welcome!

Edited by BirdDog

Thank you very much for you help BirdDog. An yeah the more an more I look around, I keep coming back to the Joye eGO. So I will prob get that. Also if I get the starter kit for the Joye eGO can I direct drip with that comes with it or do I have to buy drip tips? Because the BLANK 510 CARTOMIZERS (BLACK) says there out of stock. An there's no review for the other two carts. I just wanted to make sure when I order mine I have everything that I need so I dont have to run out an actually buy a pack a cigs. I want everything I need to last me for a wile. So if I get the starter kit for the Joye eGo, an some E Liquid will I be good? Or do I need to get some kind of carts too? If so what do you think is the best? Thanks again.

Go with the eGo, you won't be disappointed. Most people report getting 8+ hours per charge on the eGo battery. I agree with everything BirdDog said. I'll add that you'll get much better throat hit with the 510 vs. the 302. I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day for 20 years and I vape 24mg eliquid.

Thank you very much for you help BirdDog. An yeah the more an more I look around, I keep coming back to the Joye eGO. So I will prob get that. Also if I get the starter kit for the Joye eGO can I direct drip with that comes with it or do I have to buy drip tips? Because the BLANK 510 CARTOMIZERS (BLACK) says there out of stock. An there's no review for the other two carts. I just wanted to make sure when I order mine I have everything that I need so I dont have to run out an actually buy a pack a cigs. I want everything I need to last me for a wile. So if I get the starter kit for the Joye eGo, an some E Liquid will I be good? Or do I need to get some kind of carts too? If so what do you think is the best? Thanks again.

You don't have to have a drip tip, but it makes life so much easier. Your Ego should come with 5 carts (and probably two empty carts already on the attomizer). Just remove the cart, drip into the atty and replace the cart to vape. With a drip tip, you don't have to remove the tip, it has a hole through it and you drip right into it. Here are two vids for direct dripping that may help.

What is direct dripping

How to Direct Drip

I agree with everything BirdDog and Brian said. The eGo is the way to go.

Cartomizers are different from cartridges. The kit comes with cartridges. Yes, if you get the kit and some liquid, you'll be good to go. But....as soon as you can, order some extra batteries, atomizers, and juice. You'll want plenty of extra for backups. You don't HAVE to order drip tips, but they make dripping a whole lot easier. If you don't get a drip tip, you can still drip. You'll just have to remove the cartridge to drip on the atomizer. Works well, but a bit of a pain to have to remove it all the time. The drip tip has a hole in the end that you drip through.

Good luck!!

Cartomizers are usually sold separately from the Ego kit. What should come with your kit is, at least, 2 regular 510 atomizers. A regular atomizer is 2 pieces, the atomizer and the cartridge/mouth piece. The regular atomizers are used for direct dripping or you can use the cartridges that come with them. You do not need a drip tip for direct dripping. It just makes it more easier, the lazy vaper way. :) If you are going to drip with a regular 510 atomizer, you will remove the stuffing/filler from the mouthpiece/cartridge. Add 2 drops to the atomizer and replace the mouth piece.

Cartomizers are different than the regular 510 atomizer. It is a cartridge and atomizer in one unit.

Go to the How to section of the forum. There are some nice videos there.

I will get you started - Direct drip and Cartomizer

Brian that's really neat. I really do want to go with direct drip. I have a question tho an hopefully this will be my last. When you direct drip does the juice come out at all? Like threw the tip? Oh an I do want to get a drip tip that would be the easiest is seems to me. But I don't see any in the store. Where can I get one for the Joye eGO?

Brian that's really neat. I really do want to go with direct drip. I have a question tho an hopefully this will be my last. When you direct drip does the juice come out at all? Like threw the tip? Oh an I do want to get a drip tip that would be the easiest is seems to me. But I don't see any in the store. Where can I get one for the Joye eGO?

Occasionally, eliquid/condensation will build up around the base of the tip and you can suck it up into your mouth (this is know as "getting juiced"). It's not that big of a deal. I just got some wide mouth tips from electronicstix and I'm hoping I won't have that problem with them (I've heard good things about these and so far so good).

ENS - Wide Mouth Drip Tip

Wordup is having a sale 15% on 10-31-10 with free shipping. They are completing their move so they won't ship until 11-3 but they also have drip tips. I got one with my 510 kit and use it from time to time. they also have the eGo XL which is a monster on battery life and jumbo attys and carts. Lots of places to shop but remember that cheapest price may yield a knock-off. The VT suppliers are screened by Christopher and he doesn't play with low quality people. We all have our favorite suppliers I love wordup but you can trust the suppliers on this site and the people here, we just have different opinions on the same outcome. Welcome and may I say excellent first choice, or any other choice, the eGo rocks.

I just wanted to make sure when I order mine I have everything that I need so I dont have to run out an actually buy a pack a cigs.

The advice you have is great. But if I may add, do not worry about having to get a pack of cigs if something doesn't work right for you out of the box. Please don't just set a "quit" date like people do with a diet. This is not a diet. I tell folks get rid of one smoke, good, more better, all is the goal. With a diet, you can actually undo weeks of dieting with a single weekend (heck, I've done it in a day!!!). Having a cig here and there is not a big deal, but always keep the goal in mind. I tried everything over 30+ years to quit and this was effortless. But it's not for some people, so don't give it all up if you need one, instead figure it out and please let us help.

Also, I love drips tip, never got it to work right though, I still removed it to drip. But I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to this.

The advice you have is great. But if I may add, do not worry about having to get a pack of cigs if something doesn't work right for you out of the box. Please don't just set a "quit" date like people do with a diet. This is not a diet. I tell folks get rid of one smoke, good, more better, all is the goal. With a diet, you can actually undo weeks of dieting with a single weekend (heck, I've done it in a day!!!). Having a cig here and there is not a big deal, but always keep the goal in mind. I tried everything over 30+ years to quit and this was effortless. But it's not for some people, so don't give it all up if you need one, instead figure it out and please let us help.

Also, I love drips tip, never got it to work right though, I still removed it to drip. But I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to this.

Well I don't plan on this as a helper to quit smoking. I want it because you don't get any of the bad chemicals in normal cigs. I'm 25 now an I have been smoking since I was 17. An this in a way seems "healthier" I guess. But I understand what you mean an thank you an everyone else on here.

I just wanted to make sure when I order mine I have everything that I need so I dont have to run out an actually buy a pack a cigs.

Sorry, I took this comment to mean you were set on quitting smoking. My point to folks is to not swing for the fence when they first try this and quit altogether as there is a learning curve with ecigs. No one can state for sure if they are healthier than smoking but, my opinion is of course they are!! GLTY.

I totally agree with FT. I smoked for 35 years and nothing worked, I even smoked with the patches on! I think for me it's hand to mouth habit. I figured I could save a few bucks and cut back on analogs, to my shock I never craved a smoke after I switched. I even ended up with dead battery, Blu, and charger on a trip to outlaying clinic one morning. I pulled into a gas station to buy cigs and they had some disposable ecigs, $16 but I chose that over analogs. It was not the best tasting thing but I didn't buy analogs. Later I thought about it and was really surprised at my choice but it was like a sign for me. Hubby has been just as successful he waited to see if I did well then he just started one day. I then made the commitment not to ever smoke again and now the smell gags me. You'll get there and if you slip up oh well jsut keep trying and you'll find that you have that last pack just sitting there gathering dust.

My eGO kit from Mikeusa.com is gauranteed authentic and came with two complete ego's with two mega attys, 650 batts, a drip tip, 2 regualar tips, 5 filled carts, charger and carry bag. It was 55.99 but i noticed today it went up to 57.99. It did not come with atty cones though the mega attys have a built on cone.

I personally cant get into the drip tip. It could be all in my head, but I feel like I dont get as good of vapor production with the drip tip. The key, for me, to get great vapor is a long slow draw; even with the "mega" attys. I think the wide opening of the drip tip does something with the internal pressure that reduces vapor. But, I have not tried the 510 attys with it yet so who knows.

Dude.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but remember that when you direct drip you can't drive. So for driving, you have to use an attomizer/cart or a cartomizer. Either way, you have your choice of flavors etc.