Joye Ego Impressions And Questions..

Hi Everybody.

Just wanted to ask some general questions about some things I have been doing. Im doing well with kicking the analog habit. But, needing some advice.

First, I purchased some extra carts ( tips, Mouth piece, empty ones, not sure what the lingo is yet) for my Joye ego. And have been filling them with liq. Sometimes I take the polyfill out and go crazy with the juice on it. But most of the time I just drip a couple drops on there and one on the atty and go with it. Ive noticed that sometimes the fill comes out while its on the atty, and burns while vaping. This I hate. Is there any way to prevent this? Ive tried shoving it all the way in. (that dont work) Also, It dont absorb the juice like maybe it should? ( even on the used and new, It just pools at the top of the poly fill) It doesnt soak in like a sponge. Is it supposed to? Get a syringe and inject it?

Shall I just get a drip tip? But then agian, does a drip tip have no poly fill? Does it drip straight into the atomizer? ( this may be to much for starting out)

Im getting used to the harshness. I am going to try some vg/pg mix. Or find my own way of doing things. Sometimes it does make my lungs hurt. If you care about my well being, I have been drinking plenty of fluids, taking my time with it. The wife has noticed im doing this more than smoking. But then agian I enjoy it. It gives me the hand to mouth fix that I need. :D

Thanks in advance if you reply.

Justin :|

Edited by Saltwater

The filler in the carts can be a pain. Most people give up and go with direct dripping. The drip tips do not have filler, they have a wide bore hole that allows you to drip on the atomizer without the hassle of removing the cart. See this section My link, there is a video there that talks about direct dripping.

If dripping is not for you, you may want to pick up some cartomizers. They are a cart/atomizer all in one unit. There is also another video in that same section that talks about cartomizers.

Hi, this is a good post!

I've had the polyfil stick to the bridge inside the atty as well. I agree that polyfil is a pain but it's usually where everyone starts out. I'm sure Kitsune will chime in here at some point to talk about fluval, which is an alternative filler you can try until you're comfortable with direct dipping or using cartomizers.

What I've done when I used the polyfil is poke it around with a toothpick as I add juice. That helps to get the fill saturated. I try not to get too much juice in there as things get leaky, but I know I need stay on top of adding juice between vapes so that things don't get too dry creating that burnt taste.

When I took the first few inhales I experienced some harshness in the throat, after that hardly at all. It may be that you need a lower nic level. If you started out with the 24mg you might want to go to 18 or 16mgs. You might want to experiment with a VG based e-liquid or a combo VG/PG mix. In the beginning it will seem like you're vaping all of the time, all of the day. Vaping is not really like smoking an analog. You're getting much less nicotine in an inhale than when you inhaled an analog from start to end. Good luck with this, and have fun! Vaping is really a blast!

Don't hesitate to ask questions! :)

That's the big P.I.A. with carts of any size. Sometimes the filler is just awful... too thick, too loose, too tight, too too and just doesn't work right. Other times they're almost delightful, allowing one to vape for quite awhile before having to refill. Your particular filling in this particular cart is one of the many unfortunate ones. Toss the filler, keep the cart, and just direct drip. (2 drops on the atty, 1 inside the empty cart). You'll have to pop the mouthpiece (empty cart) off after every 4-6 puffs or so (more or less), but it will taste better and perform better. Just don't let it get dry. (harsh with metal taste). As soon as you can, get yourself some nice drip tips, toss the empty cart into storage, and drip away happily without having to remove the empty cart for each drip session. You'll be so glad you got one! I think most folks prefer the Delrin, straight edge, wide mouth. Try them all, they're cheap enough. Wide mouth, reg mouth, straight, curved, Stainless Steel, Delrin, Annonized, .... etc...

ok, I'll add my 2 cents.

I don't use carts much anymore, except for driving or during times when its hard to drip.

With carts I only use blue foam. I buy it from strictly ejuice. it doesn't burn or stick like the white foam does. you can also buy the blue foam in the aquarium section of most pet stores. but until you know which consistency its hard to judge which one you need.

honestly the stuff from strictly e juice isn't that expensive.

another option is Fluval water polishing pads (aquarium filter)-- if you look inside the box you will be able to tell which one looks closest the filler.

honestly, you will end up trying carts, cartomizers and dripping---then decide which one works best for you.

try a couple different nicotine strength to see which one works--the higher the nicotine the more throat hit (or sometimes burn).

sounds like over all you are doing pretty well !!!