Got My New Ego...

I have a couple of questions for the eGo vets here:

I just got my new ego; it came with 2 mega atomizers and it seems that the cone does NOT come off the mega atty. Is this right or am I missing something here? I plan on getting some 510 attys for it and need to know if I'll have to get a cone for it - unless theres a way to get it off.

Also, as the second battery is charging, i notice it's pretty hot; not too hot to touch but close. Is this normal?

*edit* I forgot to add.... Dude is in LOVE!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the eGo. For the noobs like me out there on the fence. Get one!

Dude.

Edited by elDuderino

Hi Dude, I'm sure the vapers who use an eGo xl will chime in eventually. I can't help you there. Regarding your charging battery, I would say a too hot battery is not normal. I've been charging 510 and eGo batteries for several months now, and have never noticed that they are too hot. Are you getting an odor of any kind? Idk, by this time I hope it has worked out for you. Let us know otherwise, tho.

Edited by Lily

Hi Lil, thanks for the reply. The charging battery is still charging and I dont notice any odd smells or any smell at all actually. Its not as hot not as well. It's still warm but not too hot.

It was completely dead when it arrived and has been charging for about 4 hours now. I've heard the first charge should be about 8 hrs and around 2 hours after that.

Hmmmm...I've heard that most batteries come 80% charged. I may be totally unaware of the specifics of your pv, but it seems to me it that the battery should have charged up in about two hours. It's possible that you have a bad battery. Hopefully others will have a better answer for you. Hope you got the cone disassembled?

The mega attys do not have a seperate cone - it's all one piece. You can use a regular 510 on the battery, with or without a cone (so yes, if you want a cone, you'd need to buy one). Where did you get your kit? I haven't seen any kits that some with the mega attys instead of the regular atty and cone.

Oh - BTW - Glad you're liking it! :)

Edited by Brian

My eGo batteries don't get hot at all when I'm charging. I'm not the battery expert here, so I have no idea why your battery would be doing that. Also, I've never had to charge an eGo battery for 8 hours. Only about 2 hours. Even when new. Hopefully someone who actually knows the answer will comment soon.

My eGo batteries don't get hot at all when I'm charging. I'm not the battery expert here, so I have no idea why your battery would be doing that. Also, I've never had to charge an eGo battery for 8 hours. Only about 2 hours. Even when new. Hopefully someone who actually knows the answer will comment soon.

My XL takes about 7 hours when drained on wall charger, 3 on USB but it never gets hot, not even warm. Those times are completely drained regular charge overnight wall plug is ready when I get up 5-6 hours. I would keep my eye on it and not charge overnight.

Congrats on purchasing and lovin' your eGo!

My batteries never get hot while charging either. My kit is a regular sized, and came with a fast charger which takes only 2hrs to charge. I think my spare XL backup battery only took 2hrs to charge the 2x I charged it. Now I don't remember! I'll try to remember to get it out of reserve and use it tomorrow so I can charge it and see. Is yours a fast charger? Is your eGo a Joye?

I got my kit from www.mikeusa.com -great guy, a lot of my vaping friends went with him and his customer service is unbeatable. Turns out the battery was DOA. I emailed mike and he's already boxed one up to ship out tomorrow for me. BUT NOW! But now, my first batt died after 12 hrs of hard vapin and I plugged er in to charge and within 10 min the light went green. wtf? I vaped on it to see if it was actually charged - it wasnt. I got maybe 5 puffs and dead. So I plugged er back in and now I get a red light on the charger thats now flashing green periodically.

I've got the worst luck in the world with sht like this. If there was 1 lemon ever made I'd be the asshle who'd get it. I've got no back up and two worthless batteries.

Does anyone know wtf is going on here?

I'm thinking that trying to charge an unchargeable battery may have something to do with it. Remember, I didnt know it was a bunk battery.

Anyone know what the "red to blink green back to red" on the female end of the charger means?

The chaeger blinking green temporarily means it is testing the voltage of the battery to see if it is charged (perfectly normal). Sorry to hear about the other battery but the one on your charger now sounds like it is doing what it should. :thumbsup:

Hey, hang in there. It sucks that both batteries malfunctioned. I'd be rippin about it myself. The great lesson is that eventually you'll have some backup batteries and attys for when stuff like this happens. It's nice your supplier is taking care of you! You'll be on a roll with this soon! :)

I've got the worst luck in the world with sht like this. If there was 1 lemon ever made I'd be the asshle who'd get it. I've got no back up and two worthless batteries.

I have a friend like that. Don't let her touch your cell phone... it'll die within 10 minutes.

Sounds like you might want to invest in an inexpensive back up. Maybe a 510 w/ seperate charger etc.

Something you can vape when you have eGo issues. I was talking with a guy this weekend who was hunting for a 7-11 so he could by a piece-o-crap disposable because both of his Chucks died at the same time.

If it can happen... it will. :shiftyninja:

Edited by HyOnLyph