Daja Vu

Is Daja Vu not the craziest feeling? Some people get it some people don't. My wife and friends know I have it almost weekly if not daily. I swear it's the strangest feeling.

So, what are your thoughts on Daja Vu? A brain scramble? Seeing into the future? Seeing into the past? I love it but it really freaks me out sometimes. (I don't know about you, but my Daja Vu's are usually eerie more than good) I think what irritates me the most is that, bam it's there, clear as day, then poof gone and I don't really remember what it was about.

i have many theories but the one that pops out the most goes something like this.

when doing a task sometimes you think about what you are doing, other times you are on autopilot.

deja vu can happen at either time, the common factor is one of your sensory receptors are triggered, leading to a memory of that sensory, thus the mind links it to the event you are currently in.

now its not that it happed before but more to the effect that the brain has replaced the info with new info.

think of a hard drive, you uninstalled/delete something to make room for other stuff that has a higher priority.

on your desk top you may still have a icon linking to said file(s) so there is a link back but nothing that it can go to.

now the example used, applied to the brain, it needs to link to something and the pathway is gone, so the memory cant be triggered thus it goes back to the now just passed memory of what you are doing.

simply it is the brain sorting info that is no longer retained, other areas of the brain counter and say "this is logical".

You aren't the only one out there alot of people I know, my friends , wife and myself go thru Deja Vu all the time, its just repeating acts unknowningly doing it just bcuz thats what your brain is used to doing, it happens to almost everyone who gets stuck into everyday lifes routines.

Maybe I need to switch things up lol. In all honesty though it will happen at times when I'm doing something brand new for the first time. That's what makes it so interesting to me. For example I Had Daja Vu quite a bit while out in New York with Parker from Dietsmokes. That was the first time I had been in New York.

Maybe I need to switch things up lol. In all honesty though it will happen at times when I'm doing something brand new for the first time. That's what makes it so interesting to me. For example I Had Daja Vu quite a bit while out in New York with Parker from Dietsmokes. That was the first time I had been in New York.

It maybe bcuz you are still doing the same even tho you are somewhere else, last summer I went to Texas for the first time and found out I was doing the same stuff I would as if I was at home, switch it up do something spontaneous without even thinking twice about it, like if a different type of oppertunity presents itself to you in the future and you think it would be something you wouldn't normally do, DO IT!, we only live once and with the little resources I have I try to experience anything and everything just for a rush as long as its something that fits my/your style, I guess im an adrenaline junkie, Do it bro switch it up, live life to the fullest bcuz you never know when it could end. :punk:

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ

I don't get it often, but when I do it's just like you described. Doing something that I know I haven't done before, and it sure feels eerie.

I have had the sense of deja vu many, many times. I think a lot of people have had the experience at one time or another. I agree that it's a strange feeling. While I'm not at all an expert on the subject, I subscribe to Jolly's explanation. It's neuroscience. It is the firing of mirror neurons, and memory mapping. Or as Jeff says, Morpheus detected a flaw in reality!

It drives me crazy trying to remember what happens next. Visions of it flash before me, then go poof! just like you described. Hate when it happens. For me, it doesn't happen when I'm in a rut. Maybe that's why many folk enjoy being in a rut?