New To E-Cigs, Questions About Health

Lyth

Hey guys.

I'm from Ontario, Canada.

(If these questions have been awnsered already, I'm sorry. My internet is slow.)

I'm a track runner and singer, meaning I've never smoked in my life.

Yet, I want to try an e-cig.

I was planning on buying a "Happy 010 mega". Its a Joye 510 clone, which is only like $15 for the starter kit. (With two carts, atomizer, charger and manual mega battery).

These don't have a light on the end, so I can vape in stealth. aha.

But enough about that.

I don't ever plan to use nicotine, so I'd be just using the 0mg juices. (mmm redbull)

With that said,

Are e-cigarettes safe to use, if I do not use nicotine juices? (I'd just be using 0mg juice, as I've stated.).

**By "safe", I am referring to; if the e-cigarette would be hazardous to my health in ANY way. [such as vapor being unhealthy etc]).

If you don't smoke, I would encourage you to stay away from ecigs. There have been no long term studies on the health effects of vaping, but for most of us who switch from smoking to vaping, it's a risk we're willing to take. Most of us assume that it's safer than smoking.

Well, how does vaping work?

What is in the 0mg juices? If its just becoming water vapor, it shouldnt be unhealthy. (Unless theres bad chemicals inside the 0mg juices.)

Ejuice contains Propylene Glycol (PG) and/or Vegtable Glycerine (VG) and flavoring. PG and VG are uses in many products that we all use on a daily basis. While they are considered safe, again, there are no long term studies related to inhaling them. As an alterntive to smoking, I'm willing to accept any risk that comes with it.

You know honestly, there are probably some risks to your health by using an ecig. When you have smoked cigarettes as long as some of us have on this board, we are willing to take that risk because we all believe that the risks are less than smoking tobacco cigarettes.

I do not think that vaping an e cig would be good for your singing voice or for your running. That is my personal opinion.

If you are really interested in doing this, I would suggest you search in a good search engine the safety of ecigs, and the safety of inhaling PG (propelyne glycole) and VG (vegetable glycerin).

I am assuming you are an adult and as such you can make decision as one, but I highly doubt anybody on this forum is going to suggest you start to vape.

Everyone here had to make the decision on whether it was something they decided to do with the information we have available, and we believe they are less harmful than smoking traditional tobacco cigarettes.

There are so many other ways to get flavors in your life.

Please do some research on the effects of vaping and make a decision that you feel is best for you and your health.

Your free to do with your body as you wish but honestly I don't see the point. If your healthy and have no addiction to nicotine I don't see a reason to start. Would you smoke Marijuana if it didn't have THC? Vaping isn't just "water" vaper, although some mall stand guys and rip off ecigs would like you to believe that, it isn't the case. I would suggest you keep up the running and choose another activity as a relaxing past time :) (Just my opinion)

So true, what's the point? But addressing the health question, usa juice and zero nic is prolly as safe as processed food :)

When you think about it, smoking and vaping looks silly. If I didn't want to get my nic fix I wouldn't even bother.

To be honest, my I have 3 main reasons to try it. They'll seem pretty silly, I know. :P

1) I'm a nerd. I like funky gadgets, and electronics.

2) A lot of my friends smoke. I think I'd rather do this to be in the "in" crowd, rather than smoke a real cig.

3) You only live once. Might as well give something a shot. And like, the chocolate flavour seems to be nice.

Why should I only buy US juices? Are the chinese ones not up to par, or may be unhealthy?

Thanks guys! :)

Also: Cool, Chris posted in my thread. ahah. I saw a few of your vids on youtube.

Edited by Lyth

To be honest, my I have 3 main reasons to try it. They'll seem pretty silly, I know. :P

1) I'm a nerd. I like funky gadgets, and electronics.

2) A lot of my friends smoke. I think I'd rather do this to be in the "in" crowd, rather than smoke a real cig.

3) You only live once. Might as well give something a shot. And like, the chocolate flavour seems to be nice.

Why should I only buy US juices? Are the chinese ones not up to par, or may be unhealthy?

Thanks guys! :)

Also: Cool, Chris posted in my thread. ahah. I saw a few of your vids on youtube.

We don't know what quality control the Chinese follow. There are not too many American juice makers but they all pride themselves in very clean and strict quality. That's the only reason, may or may not be justified. I'm a gadget guy too.

Edited by jeffb
Admin edit

I can understand your reasons and the chocolates are good, but so are M & Ms. 0 nic is readily available but the PG/VG is very drying to the mouth and throat. For me that means nothing but if you are a singer it can have grave effects on your voice. Trust me on this sweetie, as a once in a while party thing your call but my voice sounds like Bea Arthur's. Worked for her and late night female DJs but I am neither. We are here because of a filthy addiction we all wish we had never started. Yes we rave about our equipment and it sounds very cool, looks very cool. We wax poetic about our favorite juices, but we are pumped because we have an alternative to sucking down that vile killer smoke. Yes it does taste good to us but the nicotine is addictive so only 0 nic and only after you weigh the pros and cons carefully. Please if your decision is to go for it then get a small unit, most look ultra sleek and you won't be tempted to vape all the time because you'll be charging your batteries. Good luck and choose wisely.

We don't know what quality control the Chinese follow. There are not too many American juice makers but they all pride themselves in very clean and strict quality. That's the only reason, may or may not be justified. I'm a gadget guy too.

The main e Liquid factory in China uses a clean room. I've seen video, webcam footage and pictures of the work environment. Believe me it's clean. As for American e Liquid suppliers the only American supplier I'd trust is Johnson Creek. The rest of these so called American E Liquid mixers (mixers not makers) are just mixing in the basement/kitchen table etc. Most of them have failed to show any type of proof they are working in a clean room environment. (With the exception of maybe Steve from Puresmoker) I'd be very very weary of purchasing "American Made" e liquid from these suppliers.

Well I guess I'll out myself here. Having done a fair amount of investigating on the subject of e-liquid, other than what I order from the VT Store, I only order Boge/Dekang e-liquid. I've never been disappointed yet. I'm all for USA made anything, but some of what I've ordered from certain USA vendors, I wouldn't let the dog vape it. This is just and only my opinion. I know there are others who feel strongly about USA made however, I wouldn't smoke any ole nasty analog, why am I going to vape nasty e-liquid? Nope!

All good points. But I think we may be in for a rough ride soon. It will be interesting to see where we are around this time next year. I think we will see this market shrink some in the USA. Leaving only the bigger players. I have mixed feelings about that.

I'll add to this thread to say none of us know what's in the juices or hardware we get. I don't know these folks at all making even the USA made juices, they have a clean room, are they ill, angry?

Every few years a report comes out about lead in kids toys, pet food poisoned, infant milk tainted, so I don't mean to scare anyone but its one reason I would love the FDA to be involved (if done correctly).

FWIW - I buy from the VT store (Chinese), and Johnson Creek (they are US and have a clean room). If you really want to do it, I would research DIY. This way you can buy the ingredients yourself and have a better idea of what you are getting. Then the ingredients are probably under FDA purview. I wouldn't normally suggest it but without nic, it actually make sense. Handling concentrated nicotine is dangerous.

Edited by FTJoe