Weird Tornado Battery Issue

Trying to figure out why my 3.7v 651mAh Tornado battery isn't working properly, gave up on it a few weeks ago and had thrown it in the box to deal with later to figure it out :iiam: , So last night I started messing with it and weird thing is that it charges and works fine but the problem is the heating coil in the battery is pushed down, I think this bcuz I took a LR atty and screwed it on super tight and it started working a little, after comparing with the other battery (super hard to see) you can tell it is sitting lower than the other one, I think I know what caused this malfunction, cleaning my battery component too hard pushing it down in there with paper towel, I thought the heating coil was done with originally, going to use my neighbors multimeter to make sure it is still working and at 3.7volts bcuz this type of LR atty I got (janty) is very, very slightly longer in the threads (at least it seems) than the standard joye ones from TW so it was just enuff to make contact with the heating coil to create a small amount of vapor, in result of doing this the metal casing came off the atty and it is now stuck on the battery, its got me kinda mad bcuz I cant find my pair of pliers around my house to take it off now, anyway is there any way I can get that heating coil raised back up to where it is supposed to be? so I can continue using this battery, any suggestions? also wanted to share this so people new to the eGo/Tornado to make sure when you clean your batteries, DON'T push down to hard with the paper towel when cleaning your threads and excess liquid sitting on the heating coil before you charge bcuz this could happen. (I usually use Q tips for this but sometimes a piece of paper towel is already out and I use that) Hoping to fix it, I appreciate any suggestions.

I've had to liff the connector (center post) up a few times on my SB. Some attys just wouldn't make a good connection. I used a small screw driver (from a precision screwdriver set) and just worked my way around the edge gently. Should work on the eGo battery, but can't be sure.

I've had to liff the connector (center post) up a few times on my SB. Some attys just wouldn't make a good connection. I used a small screw driver (from a precision screwdriver set) and just worked my way around the edge gently. Should work on the eGo battery, but can't be sure.

Thanks for the idea Brian, I gotta get my tools outta storage today, I dont have a small screwdriver like that but I am going to have to dig around to find something slim and strong like that to hopefully pull it back up without ruining it, also need to get this dang atty off it, I only have that little gold strip/thread thing to grip on to and get it off, still looking for those pliers, dont know where the heck I put them last. :wallbash:

Thanks for the idea Brian, I gotta get my tools outta storage today, I dont have a small screwdriver like that but I am going to have to dig around to find something slim and strong like that to hopefully pull it back up without ruining it, also need to get this dang atty off it, I only have that little gold strip/thread thing to grip on to and get it off, still looking for those pliers, dont know where the heck I put them last. :wallbash:

I looked at an ego battery and the gap between the center post and the edge is pretty small. I had to use one of the smaller screw drivers to get in there. When I've done it on my SB, it not really like "lifting" it... just work around the edge gently "prying" it. It's really like you're just wiggling it around, but it worked for me. I think it just gets squished down to far and needs to be loosened up, which causes it to push back up on it's own.

I looked at an ego battery and the gap between the center post and the edge is pretty small. I had to use one of the smaller screw drivers to get in there. When I've done it on my SB, it not really like "lifting" it... just work around the edge gently "prying" it. It's really like you're just wiggling it around, but it worked for me. I think it just gets squished down to far and needs to be loosened up, which causes it to push back up on it's own.

Yeah that makes total sense, Thanks again, Thats on my to do list for today, Im actually more mad about my LR atty stuck on the bat, its one of the better working/tasting ones outta the handful im using and I don't want to start breaking out my brand new 5 pack im saving for when the you know what happens.

All the batteries use the same connecters,and I would imagine the circutry is most likely the same and they are assembled in the same factories by the same people so it would not be uncommon for there to be QC issues with the expensive batteries as well as the inexpensive ones.About the only difference beteen an Ego batteriy is the size of the battery and case.I also suspect that all the atties from a manufaturer would share components as well to keep inventories down.I have looked at most of the Chinese manufaturer sites and they usually have a list somewhere of all the products they manufacture and I was surprised to see they all make all the different brands. http://sailebao.en.alibaba.com/featureproductlist.html

Edited by mcquinn

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! I think this could totally be what is wrong with one of my batteries! I have two Tornado/Ego batteries and the one blinks on and off sometimes while vaping, i get less vapor, but the thing is it is fully charged and starts working fine about 5 minutes later. It could be that both of my batteries are over 3 months old, but im not so sure...i guess i am still kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff.

I seem to learn new stuff all the time, like the baby bulb atty cleaning method (gotta get me a bulb!).

Edited by PsychoMaster

Don't take this all wrong... but there IS NO "heating coil" anywhere on a battery. The heating coil is in the atty, correct? So, you are speaking of the "positive post" on the battery maybe... that's been pushed in too far? Like others have said... an eyeglass screwdriver under the edge and wiggle working all the way around will raise it up enough.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Don't take this all wrong... but there IS NO "heating coil" anywhere on a battery. The heating coil is in the atty, correct? So, you are speaking of the "positive post" on the battery maybe... that's been pushed in too far? Like others have said... an eyeglass screwdriver under the edge and wiggle working all the way around will raise it up enough.

That was what I was meaning the center post when I said heat coil, Thanx for finding something wrong with another one of my posts, im tryin my best here guy, ok. sorry im not as e cig savy as you are, DONT TAKE THIS ALL WRONG. :thumbsup:

Trying to figure out why my 3.7v 651mAh Tornado battery isn't working properly, gave up on it a few weeks ago and had thrown it in the box to deal with later to figure it out :iiam: , So last night I started messing with it and weird thing is that it charges and works fine but the problem is the heating coil in the battery is pushed down, I think this bcuz I took a LR atty and screwed it on super tight and it started working a little, after comparing with the other battery (super hard to see) you can tell it is sitting lower than the other one, I think I know what caused this malfunction, cleaning my battery component too hard pushing it down in there with paper towel, I thought the heating coil was done with originally, going to use my neighbors multimeter to make sure it is still working and at 3.7volts bcuz this type of LR atty I got (janty) is very, very slightly longer in the threads (at least it seems) than the standard joye ones from TW so it was just enuff to make contact with the heating coil to create a small amount of vapor, in result of doing this the metal casing came off the atty and it is now stuck on the battery, its got me kinda mad bcuz I cant find my pair of pliers around my house to take it off now, anyway is there any way I can get that heating coil raised back up to where it is supposed to be? so I can continue using this battery, any suggestions? also wanted to share this so people new to the eGo/Tornado to make sure when you clean your batteries, DON'T push down to hard with the paper towel when cleaning your threads and excess liquid sitting on the heating coil before you charge bcuz this could happen. (I usually use Q tips for this but sometimes a piece of paper towel is already out and I use that) Hoping to fix it, I appreciate any suggestions.

EDIT: instead of heating coil on this post its called the center post (positive connection on battery)