Information Overload

Trice

First, thanks for the kind welcomes I have already recieved! :)

There is just too much to sort through, so I was hoping I could just list the things that got me interested in the Blu and see if there was a better alternative that would match the features.

-looks/ feels like a real cig

-durable case that looks like a cig pack

-can be charged through the cig pack with USB connection

Also, from what I've read, the cig being unusable in noisey environments is also a concern.

I am really anxious to get this figured out so I can order and stop with the real cigs... So I am just trying to cheat and pick your brains rather than trolling through the net, so it is much appreciated!!!

Like we mentioned in your other thread... great starter units are the Joye 510 or the eGo.

You can buy a PCC (Personal Charging Case) separate for either one of them. But the 510 is the closest to a real cigarette... so that might be what you do. I will tell you this though... almost everyone that does that ends up buying an eGo pretty quickly because the battery life of any of the small "stick" type ecigs don't last long at all. I'm talking a couple hours if you are lucky! And the eGo will last you upwards of 6 - 8 hours... and many people get longer than that out of them. Everyone wants one that "looks and feels like a real cigarette" in the beginning... and thats fine if thats what you do, just be aware that you will probably get tired of charging and switching out batteries all the time. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Dayvape said it all, but I am going to list my post anyways. :whistle:

The automatic batteries are the ones that have been reported to go off with lots of noise. I don't recommend the auto battery. You will want a model with a manual battery (push button). The manual battery also has no cut off, the automatic batteries usually have a cut off.

If you absolutely sure that you want what you listed above, I would suggest the 510 model with a PCC (personal charging case). I would also suggest a couple extra atomizers, juice and pick up some 510 cartomizers. The cartomizers are much better than using the plain old carts.

Your best bet would be the Ego. The battery life is much better and you won't need a PCC. It should last you most the day. It also uses the 510 atomizer and you can use the 510 cartomizers with it also.

Edited by BirdDog

Still hard to let go of the traditional cig look/ pack!

I should have mentioned that I am not a heavy smoker, so I probably wont use more than 5 or 6 times a day (... or will I? Ha ha). So hopefully the 510 with PCC to keep the unit recharged will work well for me.

Can anyone suggest a reputable place online to purchase... This sites store is out of them :(

Also I was curious, with the direct drip, how many drags do you get out of the standard 3 drips?

Is a "Hard Tipped Empty Cartomizer" what you suggest to replace an atomizer?

Thanks so very much!!! :unworthy:

You might want to consider this: http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Revolution-e-Cig.htmlder

It uses cartomizers instead of atomizers which means you won't have to drip as often or use the crappy cartridges that comes with the 510. The "carto" is a cartridge and atomizer all in one.. you just top it off when it need it and vape away. Really user friendly and easy to use... a great first time unit to vape with.

Just a thought.

Otherwise if you want a 510 go to the Suppliers list that is here and use one of them... they wouldnt be on that list if they weren't good people.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I should have mentioned that I am not a heavy smoker, so I probably wont use more than 5 or 6 times a day (... or will I? Ha ha).

Hi Trice,

Ohhhh...that is a good question. I am beginning week 3 of my venture into vaping and I was not a heavy smoker either (3-5 cigs a day). I quit all analogs (regular cigs) almost within a few days of vaping. It does seem I vape more than I smoke but I heard that's because you are getting far less nicotine on a vape than on a cig. 3 drops of juice on an ecig gives you about 10-15 drags which is still about 1/2 (or less) the nicotine you'd get in 10-15 drags on an analog.

But it's sooooo much more fun. :thumbsup:

And, like you, I initially wanted an ecig that "looked" like a real cig....I got over that real fast and went right with the eGo and haven't looked back. It rocks in every way.

Jodie

I can understand the whole looks like a cig pack thinking and if that is what you want, you need to go for it! Blu is ok but what you really want to consider in that market is the available flavors and nic levels they offer and prices. Dare to compare! There are a number of offerings in that market so be careful and shop around.

After a month or 2 of this you will want to upgrade then we can talk about what to get next :)

Good luck!

Edited by Jkimbo

Wow, thanks to all of you; yall are awesome!

I now have my 510 ordered and on the way with some yummy blueberry VG liquid (can't wait to get rid of these analogs) :)

I am very glad I came here first instead of ordering the Blu and possibly getting discouraged with their carts and turning back to Marls. Plus I believe I found myself a fun new hobby ;)

I think this is important that we keep in mind that some people converting to e cigs are not 2 pack a dayers, like my wife she smokes like 4 to 5 cigs a day and a standard 510 or the revolution at VT (KR808's) would work fine for her and sounds like that maybe the way you might want to go as well. Good luck on a healthier lifestyle. :)