Different Styles

I have been vaping on and off for about a year. I have now gotten more serious about at least reducing the quantity of analogs that I smoke to just a few a day. I just got my Joye 510 and like it a lot better. In most cases I find that vaping is an adequate replacement for analogs, but there are times when I just would rather have an analog. My main reasons for the switch are 2 fold. On one hand, with cigarettes ranging from $5.50 to $8.25 a pack here in Florida, the expense is killing me. On the other hand, I am 47 years old and I have smoked since I was 12 or 13. I've never smoked more than a little over a pack a day, but I know the health effects are bad and to make matters worse, I have a 5 year old son. I am very conscientious of my smoking and only smoke outside and use hand sanitizer when I finish a cigarette before I return inside so as not to offend my family with any adverse smells. Vaping allows me the opportunity to smoke in my office at work as well as in my house and car and gives me a great deal of freedom, but I find the experience is just different enough that I am not sure that I want to give up analogs altogether. Most days, I am now down to 2 or 3 analogs a day, and on 2 occasions when staying with friends or family, I went the weekend without any analogs. In my own mind I feel that only having 2 or 3 analogs is still much heathier for me than having 20 or 30 in a days time and lord knows I am saving a lot of money. Can anybody impart any wisdom on this and is there other people out there than still kling to thier analogs even though they vape on a regular basis?

Hi there!

I'm still new to vaping (going into my 3rd week now) but from what I have seen all over this board, EVERYONE does it a little bit differently. For me, I BEGAN with smoking about 3-5 analogs a day. But I wanted to get it down to ONLY 2 every day (one with coffee in the morning and one after dinner at night). I was getting tripped up during the day when I would get on phone calls. I wanted the ecig to use during those phone calls. I never intended to quit smoking all together. I love it too much.

But without even trying, that's exactly what happened. (still freaks me out). I have not had an analog in 2 weeks now. I tried one last week and OMG I sputtered and choked it was so nasty. Threw the rest away.

However, that's but just one outcome. I have seen plenty of others on this board who have smoked for many years, sometimes 2-3 packs a day who have now cut down to 5 or so a day and they are just fine with that. Some quit analogs all together but use vaping at the same nic strength as when they smoked. Some have managed to get their nic down to 0 and STILL vape because it's just fun. (that's where I want to get to now).

I think rather than thinking of it as a "smoking cessation" product, thinking of it as a "smoking REPLACEMENT" product makes more sense. Smoking cessation has one goal: quit smoking. Smoking replacement has so many more options and variations available to you, therefore, more chance of "success" because YOU are in control of what the goal is.

The bottom line is about what YOU want to achieve, not what you think you are "supposed" to achieve by vaping. That's freedom!

Jodie

Honestly, I don't think we can really measure the risks. Though of course your numbers give a good argument. I'm sure it reduces the risks but as luck would have it.. you never know.

My question would be why smoke analogs any way. I can understand the craving for some thing special like a clove. I only get a craving for a Clove lol. But a regular cigarette? They taSTE like crap now :)

Once you get the right flavors for you, you won't be able to put it down for an analog. Sounds to me like you still have some taste test challenges to face. Darn. :D

another factor is the vapor output. You might want to try a beefier eCig itself. The 510 is wonderful, but it's a notch mellower than an eGo. think of the eGo as a 510 on steroids. The cone makes a big difference with the atty/cart style. Add a LR atty and ... welcome to 5v vaping vapor.

Point is, once you find the right for you combo you'll then be able to pronounce "I accidentally quit smoking analogs!!!" like many of us discovered we did. It just happened. We didn't "try" to quit analogs... THEY QUIT US!!! :)

Relax and go shopping Dude.

Honestly, I don't think we can really measure the risks. Though of course your numbers give a good argument. I'm sure it reduces the risks but as luck would have it.. you never know.

My question would be why smoke analogs any way. I can understand the craving for some thing special like a clove. I only get a craving for a Clove lol. But a regular cigarette? They taSTE like crap now :)

I have found that after vaping all day long at work, when I have one in the evening, it is not very good, but that 1st one in the morning after sleeping for 7 or 8 hours tastes and feels just like it always has. The day before yesterday, I had my usual morning ciggy, but when I went to have one in the evening, I put it out half way through. I am just going to keep working with it and see what happens, but the last thing I want to do is beat myself up because I am still smoking some analogs. Life is really just to short for that.

Absolutely don't beat yourself up about it... that would be the worst thing you could do. If you've cut back to only 2 or 3 a day that is awesome! You're pretty much there man... now it's just the mental part of it that's keeping you smoking those few a day. Everyone is definately different about this though... that's for sure. I was one of the lucky ones where I totally enjoyed vaping way more than smoking... so it was a breeze for me to throw that pack away! It tastes better, smells better, makes others happier, made myself happier, I feel better, I don't have to go out in the weather to smoke lookin' like a fool, and I'm just having a great time with it... and a bonus to all of that is getting to know some really cool people on this great forum!! :thumbsup:

If you want to smoke a few a day then go for it. I wanted to completely stop and was finding it difficult. I moved to 5 volts and when using 3.7 with a low resistance atomizer. That made all the difference for me. I needed more nic hit and more vapor. I haven't had a craving for months now. It was hard for me until I moved up. I really enjoy vaping now. I like trying new flavors and consistently vape my favorite ones. Do what you want to do. If you want to fully quit, moving up helped me.

You make a very valid point! I've said it before and will say it again... it's difficult to go back to 3.7 volt vaping once you've been in the high voltage world. It just does not satisfy my craving enough. HV is where it's at for me ! :thumbsup:

I can't really speak to how everyone quits or uses analogs. I do agree that guilt will make it even tougher to quit. Guilt aggravates stress and causes an even greater desire to give in.

I do believe it is important to mention... from a physical stand point... much of the benefit of eCigs is that the cillia in the throat revives and the lungs recover from the negative effects of smoking. With even a morning and evening analog, you are still anesthetizing the throat. From what I understand, there are actually additives in cigarettes designed to prevent the coughing mechanism during inhillation. I'm not a doctor but it is my understanding that while it certainly is much better to smoke 1 1/2 or 2 a day, it is preventing the full benefit of eCigs from really kicking in.

It sounds to me that you are very at ease with allowing yourself the process. You will challenge yourself when you are ready. In the mean time, just be proud of yourself for the progress you have made.

I have been vaping on and off for about a year. I have now gotten more serious about at least reducing the quantity of analogs that I smoke to just a few a day.

Hi BB - here's my standard pitch. I have to copy it somewhere so I can just paste it; but it goes like this. Cutting out even one analogue is good, more better, the goal is none, but if you need one have one here and there, go for it. This is NOT like a diet where "cheating" undoes something, takes 8 weeks to lose 15 pounds and you can undo all of that over a weekend. This is not like that and there should be no "guilt" over doing so. Many dieters end up with that guilt, turn to food because of it, and the cycle continues. This is not that. As you point out plenty of vapers still need one here and there.

If you want to stop them altogether, you need to identify what it is that is causing the pull for them that isn't satisfied by vaping. Some folks keep different strengths around and pump it up when they need a cig. Does it happen around the same time of day, is the action of dripping or refilling tiresome to the point where lighting up is just easier? I see you mentioned a 510, have you tried a bigger, slightly more powerful battery like the ego/tornado?

And if by any chance there are questions in regards to 0mg vaping, you can PM me. ;-) <-- winky face!!