3 Kewel Things About Quitting That I Experienced Today

Jodie

1. I work out regularly doing Yoga and Pilate's. How odd but how freakishly cool it was today to finish a workout and sit down and vape a bit before hitting the shower. :showoff:

2. My 11 year old daughter came home from school today and just came over and gave me a huge hug and said "Mom, I am sooooooo proud of you. If you can just keep doing this vaping thing and never have a cigarette again, that would be totally alright by me." (I'm on day 12 of no analogs today). :wub:

3. Tonight after dinner I took my last 1/2 pack of cigs I had left and ceremoniously threw them in the garbage witnessed by my husband and my 2 girls (11, 17). :thumbsup:

Life. Is. Gooooood.

Jodie

Very nice story - but, if your attys quit, charger, etc., you okay while you wait for replacements? You gots backups? Getting rid of one cig is cool, more better, all is the goal. Bottom line is its actually okay to have one or a couple if something goes wrong. This is not a diet, its not like taking 8 weeks to lose 20 pounds only to gain half back over a weekend. Heck, 12 days without is AWESOME. So don't set yourself up for disappointment in case you slide for whatever reason. And a failure of devices, lack of juices is something you can (given the fiscal resolve) take care of before hand.

GLTY!!! And congrats.

Good points Joe!

I was already a very light smoker to begin with (2-5 cigs a day). Last Thur., after vaping for a week, I tried an analog (cuz I had a beer and it was a tough work day) and was shocked to see how grossed out I was after only 3 puffs. I literally couldn't finish it. The next night, I tried again just because I couldn't believe it and had one puff and began choking/coughing and promptly put that out too.

In other words, I don't think I could smoke an analog now if I tried! And other than on the 3rd day of no analog's, I've not had a craving at all.

However, you do bring up very good points about having backups. I had already spent some time online tonight looking to purchase backups. I got an eGo starter kit that came with 2 of everything so I'm doubled up at the moment. But I am going to get another battery and a few more 510 LR atty's. (I direct drip). Juice I got covered cuz I've been like a kid in a candy store getting sampler packs and 10ml bottles of all kinds of stuff! LOL!

Jodie

Good points Joe!

I was already a very light smoker to begin with (2-5 cigs a day). Last Thur., after vaping for a week, I tried an analog (cuz I had a beer and it was a tough work day) and was shocked to see how grossed out I was after only 3 puffs. I literally couldn't finish it. The next night, I tried again just because I couldn't believe it and had one puff and began choking/coughing and promptly put that out too.

In other words, I don't think I could smoke an analog now if I tried! And other than on the 3rd day of no analog's, I've not had a craving at all.

However, you do bring up very good points about having backups. I had already spent some time online tonight looking to purchase backups. I got an eGo starter kit that came with 2 of everything so I'm doubled up at the moment. But I am going to get another battery and a few more 510 LR atty's. (I direct drip). Juice I got covered cuz I've been like a kid in a candy store getting sampler packs and 10ml bottles of all kinds of stuff! LOL!

Jodie

Newbie to newbie.....how many analogs does a starter kit equal? I have seen no comparisons, maybe just have not read enough.....

However, you do bring up very good points about having backups. I had already spent some time online tonight looking to purchase backups. I got an eGo starter kit that came with 2 of everything so I'm doubled up at the moment. But I am going to get another battery and a few more 510 LR atty's.

Sounds good but don't forget the charger, did it come with two chargers? They an be had really cheap, I buy USB chargers only, and wall plugs that accept USB plugs. They also have car lighter adapters for USB plugs, etc. This way I can charge anything off a USB connection be it computer, wall, car, external emergency solar batteries I have hanging around. Many sites carry both. Also remember Ego fast charger is only for the ego and only will charge quickly off a desktop or wall plug. DO NOT use to charge a 510/520.

For example

http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/USB-AC-Wall-Charger-Adapter-with-US-plug-USB-AC-Adapter-with-US-plug.htm;jsessionid=EFD1153382393EB35F4BF3F733847993.qscstrfrnt06

http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/All-USB-Battery-Chargers-ALL-USB-Battery-Chargers.htm;jsessionid=EFD1153382393EB35F4BF3F733847993.qscstrfrnt06

http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/USB-Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter-USB-Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter.htm;jsessionid=EFD1153382393EB35F4BF3F733847993.qscstrfrnt06

Newbie to newbie.....how many analogs does a starter kit equal? I have seen no comparisons, maybe just have not read enough.....

Hi GTR,

That's kind of a tough one because it depends on how much you vape and how much juice you go through. From what I have read, the battery itself can last 3-6 months (depending on use) and atty's 1-2 months.

Since it's the juice that ultimately determines how much you are actually smoking that's a better way to find the equivalent. I have found that 3-4 drops of juice in the ecig gives me about 12-15 good hits which is, I THINK, equivalent to one analog.

So (ok Jodie is squinting eyebrows and remembering how much she HATED math in school...LOL!) I do that about 5-6 times a day right now so that is for ME about 5-6 analogs.

I'm guessing that is considered light use so I am going to assume my battery will last about 4-5 months and atty closer to 2 months. Since the atty will go out first, I will say I am going to have the equivalent of ABOUT 360 cigs in 2 months (6 X 60 days).

Your mileage may vary. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jodie

Sounds good but don't forget the charger, did it come with two chargers? They an be had really cheap, I buy USB chargers only, and wall plugs that accept USB plugs. They also have car lighter adapters for USB plugs, etc. This way I can charge anything off a USB connection be it computer, wall, car, external emergency solar batteries I have hanging around. Many sites carry both. Also remember Ego fast charger is only for the ego and only will charge quickly off a desktop or wall plug. DO NOT use to charge a 510/520.

For example

http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/USB-AC-Wall-Charger-Adapter-with-US-plug-USB-AC-Adapter-with-US-plug.htm;jsessionid=EFD1153382393EB35F4BF3F733847993.qscstrfrnt06

http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/All-USB-Battery-Chargers-ALL-USB-Battery-Chargers.htm;jsessionid=EFD1153382393EB35F4BF3F733847993.qscstrfrnt06

http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/USB-Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter-USB-Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter.htm;jsessionid=EFD1153382393EB35F4BF3F733847993.qscstrfrnt06

Wow! You are on the ball Joe!

The charger that came with my eGo has a USB plug on one end and the thing you screw the battery into on the other. I can also take the USB side and plug it into the back of the wall charger unit that also came with it. So I am able to wall and computer charge right now. I don't have a car adapter and probably will not get one as I never used to smoke in the car to begin with. Buuuutttt.. I think maybe it is a good idea in case I can't get near a computer or wall plug if my battery dies, right? Wow this is a whole new way to think about smoking... LOL!

One question, you said eGo's charger is only for eGo but not for 510/520. I thought the Joye eGo WAS a 510? I'm confused. (once again. LOL!)

Jodie

Edited by Jodie

Congratulations, having your kid motivate you like that makes the transition easier and more encouraging.

You aren't a kiddin. She's always been pretty quiet about my smoking. I generally never smoked around my girls anyway. I'd go outside or while they are at school. But when she did that yesterday in such a genuine and sincere way, it really touched me.

Seriously though? This message board has done more to keep me on track than anything else because having ready access to answers to questions as WELL as being able to see how many other people have been successful is priceless. What I love is that there is no "bickering" here. No people saying "this one is better than that" or "you're doing it wrong" or "that's a dumb question" or whatever. The genuine support from all members is very potent. :)

Jodie

Edited by Jodie

I didn't see anywhere in your posts that said exactly how many attys you actually have... but if you only have a couple I would advise you to pull out that credit card! Although they should last for a while... you could, in reality, have them both crap out in a day or two! Probably won't... but it still could. You might want to pick up another 5 or 6 just to be safe. :thumbsup:

I didn't see anywhere in your posts that said exactly how many attys you actually have... but if you only have a couple I would advise you to pull out that credit card! Although they should last for a while... you could, in reality, have them both crap out in a day or two! Probably won't... but it still could. You might want to pick up another 5 or 6 just to be safe. :thumbsup:

One step ahead of ya DV! I got 5 atty's for me and 5 atty's for my dad. Also got each of us a car charger. My credit card company sure loves me lately. LOL!!

Jodie

That's funny... you have a degree in Psychology too huh? Me too! :thumbsup:

LOLOL! Yea, and look where that got me. HAHA! Thanks for looking at my website! :harhar:

EDIT: And I see that YOU like Pink Floyd.....totally cool. Could not have gotten thru my college years without em. :punk:

Edited by Jodie

One question, you said eGo's charger is only for eGo but not for 510/520. I thought the Joye eGo WAS a 510? I'm confused. (once again. LOL!)

Okay - when I say 510, I am referring to the battery. A 520 battery is a slightly longer one (mega 510). The reference to a 510 atty, cartridge is referring to the threads and the diameter of the atty. So a 510 fitting refers to the thread size on the atty which needs to fit the thread size on the battery. The ego battery has a 510 fitting/thread size so a 510 atty will fit on a 510/520 and an ego. 510 cartos threads will work as well, 510 carts fit in the 510 attys, you get the idea.

So as far as the battery goes, the ego fast charger when plugged into a wall unit or desktop should charge it it up in about 1.5-2 hours. This is because the output of the charger, when driven by a powerful source is rated at 420-450 milliamps. The USB charger for the regular 510/520 is 150-200 milliamps. If you were to use the fast charger on the regular 510s, you will be pushing more juice into the battery than it can handle, damage, heat, etc. Using a regular charger with the ego is fine, but will take 3-4 hours to charge because its not getting as much juice pushed through it.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats!!! I'm loving it too, my 15 year old daughter is really happy I've quit...and weightlifting 4 times a week for 1+ hours per day, I've noticed a HUGE difference in my aerobic tolerance....I don't feel like I'm about to pass out anymore!!!

This is only after 7 weeks of no analogs and all vaping :)

Good luck on keeping it up! :)