Yikes.....

my2heartboys

Ok, getting a little overwhelmed here. I just recently started dental assisting school and currently have one instructor that is highly allergic to cigarette smoke and I know that when it is time for us to do our clinicals that the odor would be a big draw back as well. Thus the interest in trying ecigs. Over the last few days, I have looked at soooooooooo many sites and soooooooo much information I am totally lost and really want to scream. We have order a couple of trial versions (Prada and directecig.com) and needless to say we will look at the fine print when they arrive!! If it looks like extra charges will come they will get shipped right back....without me even trying them. I currently smoke Misty Silver and Capri Jade (yeah, two brands...one is cheaper than the other and there is a size difference as well). I am concerned, though, that the lower cost "free trial" versions will not perform as well as some of the regular models and that will turn me off of it completely. I am lost as to the battery/atomizer ratio. I know that they effect vapor production. I do want a good easy pull with the solid feeling of the smoke (vapor) hitting my throat. Cartridges are a complete loss to me and what is with this "e-juice". Do I have to mix this myself or can I buy it premixed. On the hardware side of the models, what model parts interchange with other model/brands parts? Now you can see my confusion. I am hoping and praying that there will be somebody here who can help me out with getting all of this straight without them having their bottom line (profits) in mind.

I will also add that being in school and taking 24 credit hours this semester, well, in hunting all over the web this weekend has really cut into study time. Help being told the best affordable (yes, unemployed, so money is a serious consideration) model with the best affordable battery and atomizer would be greatly appreciated. I will have time around the holidays to look at videos and gain more knowledge and will certainly do so.

Thanks

I definitely understand the overwhelming part !!!

I am not going to be much help with prada or directecig--however, free trial is usually the hook !!!

Its tough getting started on a tight budget.

if the prada and directecig don't work out--you want to look at:

the510(standard battery), the biggest draw back is the short battery life about 2 hours. getting a PCC (personal charging case) will allow a battery to be charging while using another.

the 520 or mega 510--longer battery and longer battery life. about 3-4 hours.

The favorite is the Ego--much longer battery life. 6-8 hours. a bit fatter than the 510's.

you will need a couple extra atomizers or cartomizers (as budget allows) and extra liquid (for filling the cartridges) --can buy premixed in varying nicotine strengths.

the cartridges fit on the atomizers(heating element), cartomizers are an atomizer and cart combined.

check out the VT store My link

Wordup My link

strictly ejuice My link

you can also check out the supplier list My link.

Hope that helped a little. it ok to keep asking.....

Welcome to VT! Hang in there, it'll all come together for you. :)

You may want to start now on trying to return the Prada. As I understand it, it's quite difficult and it's difficult to get them to stop charging your credit card each month. You may have to go through your credit card company.

Moving on - Below are two of the best into vids I've found and it will answer a lot of your questions. Very informative vids. I'll try to answer some of your questions... I would suggest going with a 510 kit or an eGo. Both use the same attomizer, just have different batteries. The 510 kit has smaller batteries that last about 2 hours (at best unless you're a very light smoker). The eGo has bigger batteries (although they are quite small) that will last 8-12 hours per charge. Ejuice is the liquid that nicotine and flavoring. You'll want to buy some with your first kit. Cartridges are what holds the ejuice. They are refillable. There quite a few models out there, but the 510, 801, 901 and KR808 are the most popular. You can buy adapters for most that will allow you to do some interchanging, but if you go with the 510 you probably won't need any adapters.

Standard 510 kits run from $40-$50, and the eGo is about $70, but well worth the extra cost.

Here are some good suppliers to check out also:

Electronicstix - 10% off with VTALK10. 510 kits are $42, eGo is $69 (before discount)

Vaporgalaxy - 10% off with VT10 (I think). 510 kits are $49, eGo is $69 (before discount)

Cignot - not aware of any discounts. They have a "no box" 510 kits for $35. That's an excellent price for a genuine Joye 510. eGos are $69.

There are many more suppliers, these are just a few and I know they all have excellent service.

Ok, after doing some rather extensive hunting around, I think I have been able to decide part of this whole equation. I definitely want something that is sleek and good looking as well as not looking like your traditional cigarette. Would prefer a thinner model though and battery life has got to be good to excellent.

I definitely understand the overwhelming part !!!

I am not going to be much help with prada or directecig--however, free trial is usually the hook !!!

Its tough getting started on a tight budget.

if the prada and directecig don't work out--you want to look at:

the510(standard battery), the biggest draw back is the short battery life about 2 hours. getting a PCC (personal charging case) will allow a battery to be charging while using another.

the 520 or mega 510--longer battery and longer battery life. about 3-4 hours.

The favorite is the Ego--much longer battery life. 6-8 hours. a bit fatter than the 510's.

you will need a couple extra atomizers or cartomizers (as budget allows) and extra liquid (for filling the cartridges) --can buy premixed in varying nicotine strengths.

the cartridges fit on the atomizers(heating element), cartomizers are an atomizer and cart combined.

check out the VT store My link

Wordup My link

strictly ejuice My link

you can also check out the supplier list My link.

Hope that helped a little. it ok to keep asking.....

I completely agree! I have a 520 and for 1 person it is ideal. However now hubby has joined me so I have ordered eGo XL. Jeff at wordup has a pcc starter kit for the ego with XL batteries that will cover you nicely. Also has a 520 pcc starter kit. Pcc is great for you being in school, also look at pass throughs to add on. If you are going to be at the computer a lot doing homework that would be ideal. Pugs into USB port and you don't use up battery life at home. Yes your pts. will smell smoke on you, vape they will not or at ;east that smell. If your prof is allergic smoke will bother him/her from your clothes hair etc. vaping will not have that effect. Good luck with school and look at your investment this way depending on your local cost a good starter kit is about 1-2 cartons of analogs and the beginning of a whole new you.

Ok, after doing some rather extensive hunting around, I think I have been able to decide part of this whole equation. I definitely want something that is sleek and good looking as well as not looking like your traditional cigarette. Would prefer a thinner model though and battery life has got to be good to excellent.

So do you want something as thin as a cigarette, but isn't actually camouflaged as one? If you're set on a thin, realistic size, then you need a Joye 510, hands down. The only problem there is that the battery life isn't great. Not terrible, but not great. However, you can purchase a charging pack separately. It's basically a cigarette pack that you charge, and if you're out and about, you can put a dead battery into the pack and it will charge it on the go.

I would personally suggest the eGo. It's not huge by any means, but it is thicker than any cigarette. Honestly, imagine one of those SUPER nice high quality ink pens; the eGo is comparable to those in both size and style. This one is more powerful and longer lasting than the 510, so if you can deal with the size, I STRONGLY recommend it.

As other people are saying, get out of those trials as quickly as possible. I'd bet money that it's a poor product, and they're going to give you a hard time.

I just realized that I kind of didn't add anything new to this conversation. Posting anyway! :thumbsup:

I would go with the ego personally. While it is thicker than a normal cigarette It's not HUGE by any means. You just have to decide which is more important to you. It feeling like a real cigarette or getting good battery life.

Also get out of those trial e cig kits as soon as possible.

Once again I don't think I added to much to this conversation lol. Welcome to VT

Welcome to Vapor Talk.

I really can't add much either. I do think you'd be better off with the eGo though. Although the battery is thicker than a regular 510 model, it isn't too thick. Because it lasts so much longer between charges, it's a much better way to go.

The "e-juice" is the liquid you put into the atomizer. That's what heats up and produces the vapor. You can buy pre-filled cartridges to use, but that gets rather expensive and most of them don't taste the best. It's much more economical to buy the "juice" and refill yourself. I don't use the filler in the cartridges, but directly drip the "juice" onto the atomizer.

I know it's a lot to take in all at once, but just hang in there. It will all come together. Really, it will. Just ask any questions you have and we'll help you out. That's what we're here for.

Welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum! Some very good advice presented here! It IS a little overwhelming at first looking into the options for what e-cigarette to purchase! If budgeting is an issue, in the long run, you'll get the most for your money with an eGo. Try to have fun with this! It's an adventure! Gluck! :)

Welcome!

Price being an issue, the Riva might be a good model for you as well-- I just received mine last week, and I am in love with it.I got it in titanium and it is gold and sparkly, not looking like a tobacco ciggy! It looks just like the Ego, except the button that you press is soft & smaller that the Ego button, which is hard plastic and a bit larger. You still get the crazy-long battery life-- One battery lasts me through the day. I just grab a charged one in the morning and put the one from the day before on the charger. I have not tried an Ego, but from what I hear, the Riva is the same thing but a bit cheaper. (Please someone correct me if there is a major performance difference that I am unaware of!)

Edited to add- though it says "supplier" under my name, I do not sell any hardware at all, so I'm not talking with my "bottom line" in mind!

Welcome!

Price being an issue, the Riva might be a good model for you as well-- I just received mine last week, and I am in love with it.I got it in titanium and it is gold and sparkly, not looking like a tobacco ciggy! It looks just like the Ego, except the button that you press is soft & smaller that the Ego button, which is hard plastic and a bit larger. You still get the crazy-long battery life-- One battery lasts me through the day. I just grab a charged one in the morning and put the one from the day before on the charger. I have not tried an Ego, but from what I hear, the Riva is the same thing but a bit cheaper. (Please someone correct me if there is a major performance difference that I am unaware of!

What she says! I have both the Riva and the eGO, and both are great. The Riva is definitely less money, but I must say its every bit as good as my eGO. Actually I think it better looking. I got the black one with gold trim...very sophisticated and sleek looking. Like every newbie, I started out with the smaller cigarette looking models, but the constant recharging really gets to you after you get into some serious vaping. Both my eGO (650mah and the Riva (750mah) get about the same amount of time on a charge (about 8 hours). The eGO does have the option of a larger battery though and I don't think the Riva does. But I haven't noticed that really being an issue so far. I also have an eGO 900mah battery and a 1300mah battery (its like major lo-o-ong). I use the big one at home, as its sorta scary looking in public LOL! The eGO 900 does last about 12-14 hours if that has any bearing on your decision. I don't think you will be unhappy with either model...good luck!