Frustrated! Burnt-Tasting Atty's! :-(

Hey, everyone! I have a Joye eGo, so am using 510 atty's. I have the two atty's it came with and also just recieved a LR atty from Mapvapes.

I've had the atty's do great, then suddenly have that horrible burnt taste. This has been happening pretty frequently--even with the new LR atty I just got. I've tried cleaning/blowing them out, cleaning them out with hot water, etc. Subsequently, I've been smoking analogs here and there when I get frustrated. Today I've already had 2 within 2 hours and ready for a 3rd!

I'm lucky enough to have The Vapor Lounge here in Spokane, WA and I think I'm gonna head down there and bring the 3 atty's with me so they can look at them. They've been awesome.

Maybe I'm overheating them--I don't know. I do love to vape and do it often! I do put it down if it gets too hot.

Am I doing something wrong or just having real bad luck with atty's? Help! I am bummed I've been smoking cigarettes! :wallbash:

Are you direct dripping? Using a carts? If you are direct dripping that is my biggest complaint with doing it, you put like three drops in think you are ok then bam it goes dry and tastes horrible.

With cartomizers I do not have that problem.

I really think it is a problem with keeping the atty wet.

Don't beat yourself up over the analogs, a few is not a big deal. It is a learning curve as with anything and once you find the sweet spot it will be much better.

Hi, I think it might be a dry atty as well. If you're vaping continuously, it might be that you are one inhale after it needs to be topped off. This would go for direct dipping, using filler in a cart, or using a cartomizer. In the beginning I was flooding my atty's so it was the opposite of your experience. You're fortunate that you have a live support system where you live. Gluck! Don't give up. :)

Have you tried a different brand of juice? This is odd, so wondering if it could be the juice (maybe it's gunking up the atty). When I first started vaping I had some issues (not bad taste, but low vapor and clogging attys and it turned out to be the juice. Months later I pulled out that juice and it did the same thing, so I threw it away.

Most domestic liquids I have tried leave a lot of residue behind and gunk up atties real fast.Perhaps you need to switch between two atties and let them have a chance to cool down some.

Yes, I direct drip. I have found that, yes, perhaps it's not dripping enough--though I flood my atty's a lot.

Today's been better--atty's doing well and no burnt taste, so perhaps I just wasn't dripping enough. Man---you go through more juice direct dripping, I think!

Thanks to everyone!!!

Sometimes the wick does begin to burn when it gets too hot and not enough liquid. If you are mostly direct dripping may want to consider removing the fibers(wick) from under the coil. helps alot with burning taste.

Yes, I direct drip. I have found that, yes, perhaps it's not dripping enough--though I flood my atty's a lot.

Today's been better--atty's doing well and no burnt taste, so perhaps I just wasn't dripping enough. Man---you go through more juice direct dripping, I think!

Thanks to everyone!!!

Very true you do go thru way more juice direct dripping than using carts and cartos.

• 3 months later...

I'm right with you sister!! I have been vaping for over a year now and have quite a collection of bad, clogged, burnt tasting atty's. Apparently first I was just getting knock offs when I thought I had been such a diligent shopper and found the best price. OK, so then I came here and asked many questions. I probably brought a really bad attitude here with me too. So here is a "Thank You" to all who had the fortitude, temperance, and kindness to deal with me and help out. From then on, I bought only from one recommended supplier and things got better for a while. Got an ego and loved it. The attys that came with it lasted about 3 months and I am a heavy user, so I was happy with supplier and my purchases. I have only lurked here occasionally since then as my job and life keep me from being able to spend much time on the computer.

I brought him at least 3 other clients that I convinced to try vaping. I bought 3 replacement attys from him and only 2 worked and even they only lasted about 4 weeks. My partner ordered 3 new ones for me as a gift, now that should have done it for a while, but no... 2 of them tasted like I had liquefied asphalt and vaped it and the other worked for several weeks. OK, ordered 5 cartomizers, & 2 replacements and a whole new ego kit as he had lowered the price and I thought it would be good by now to get spare batteries (lower price was only $5 more than spare batteries). I have personally spent at least 5 to 6 hundred within the space of 6 months or less. Got the replacements and new ego kit and within 1 week both replacements had died I was using an atty from the kit. It tasted like burning rubber. It was so bad that I was told to leave an establishment that allows e cigs, wasn't evicted for vaping, but because the smell was so offensive. I contacted the supplier and complained. Was told to send the bad attys back an he would replace the 2 even tho they were, as he put it, out of warranty. I sent them back almost 4 weeks ago and never herd back from him. By the way, the cartomizers spit burning little balls of vape juice every time I try them. Not going there again! :no

See, there's my bad attitude again... :rtfm: But I am not giving up!!! I am trying a new supplier, as when the darn things work they are awesome, I went from 2 packs of analogs a day to 2 analogs on a bad day. The removal of the fibers from the atty works the best from what I can tell. I pulled out some old nasty tasting ones and did surgery on them and they are usable now. So, for what it is worth, from the nightmare experience of bad decisions and suppliers, keep on its going to be worth it. BTW my voice no longer sounds like my father, not even in the AM.

Sounds like you've had one hell of a time with atty's. Don't know how to help you with this other than to say I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

For what it's worth...although they cost a little bit more, the janty Dura/eGo atty's carry a 6month warranty if that's any help?

Good luck and happy vaping.

For what it's worth, If you are using vg try a pg/vg mix. Sometimes the vg juice is so thick that it will clog up the atomizer. I have had several go out on me for that reason. As soon as I started a 50/50 mix, I haven't had that problem. maybe this will help