Had Quite A Scare This Morning

upStomp

Yesterday my atty started spitting out putrid, upholstery-tasting vapor. I was at work, so I was stuck dealing with it until I got home. Of course, the first thing I do when I get home is check VT for my "symptoms" and immediately find a thread about removing the wick from the atty. I follow the instructions in the posted video, give my atty a good boil, and let it dry overnight. I then begin vaping my wife's eGo - only to find that hers is starting to turn as well. I removed her wick (does that qualify as a pun?), cleaned and set aside to dry. At this point we're both without a vape for the rest of the night because we didn't buy any extras when we bought our kits. It was just about time for bed, so it wasn't a big deal.

This morning I try my newly-cleaned atty, but had a hell of a time getting it to vape. I was surprised at how nervous I was. All I could think was that I'd be stuck smoking analogues until we could get a shipment of attys. Eventually I got it working by flooding and vaping constantly. I think there was still water in it because what little vapor that was coming out was pretty warm, but it slowly started working as I've come to expect. What a relief!

The lesson is: stock up on attys!!! You don't want to be stuck without access to vapor - especially if you're newly off analogues. I lucked out this time, but it could have been a very bad day for me.

Still, I think it's a great testament to eCigs that I was actually dreading having to smoke analogues for any period of time. It's also great that I've saved my atty from certain death by removing the wick, as recommended on this forum. It's smoking like new now - no more burnt upholstery taste!

Hi, yes, you answered your own questions! :) Glad you were able to get the dismembered atty to work! I think this is all part of the learning curve that new vapers go through, but the ultimate lesson is backups, backups, backups! Good luck!

Yup it's always a good idea to have extra atomizers or even better cartomizers laying around. When I leave the house or the office I have my velvet bag with me. Inside I always have my eGo, 2 extra cartomizers, my liquid and an extra battery. Just in case something goes wrong :)