What Were The Main Issues That Tripped You Up?

HyOnLyph

I'd like to ask... what were the main problems with ecigs that almost made you quit vaping and go back to analogs.

The ladies in our home seem to need to be coached. And I'm not sure I'm qualified except from what I read from you all.

The nicotine is too high, too low, not satisfying, not the same as smoking.

I'm wondering if it just requires the commitment to make it work and if you aren't committed, you'll find any excuse to go back.

I don't put any pressure on our ladies to vape, but I'm obiously enthusiastic about it. Some vape full time. most part time. And a few, I suspect, will take it and never use it.

What was the difference for you?

No commitments required. It's either gonna work or not work.

I was not looking to quit smoking at all. Had no intentions of quitting. I went to ecigarettes to save money. Plain and simple.

What tripped me was at first it did not do it for me. Too weak in the nic level, TH, and vapor production. I solved those points. Next it was just like smoking for me. I started on a cheap store bought rip off cigarette look alike kit and when the battery died on me and I bummed a cigarette and I was surprised it tasted like CRAP!!! And it stunk! I felt dirty, I wanted to take a shower lol. That was the rude awakening I needed. Now I vape like crazy. I like it BETTER then analogs.

Edited by Jkimbo

In all honesty the biggest mistake I see people make time and time again is usually they way they drag off of an electronic cigarette. It's natural to want to pick up an ecig and take a quick one second drag, just like we did when we smoked. They exhale and sort of look at you like "meh, not much smoke"

I then tell them, no, your doing it wrong. "Pick up the ecig and take a long slow drag" then they exhale and usually "wow, holy crap, etc" is followed. If they're REALLY thick, just tell them to hit it like a joint. Works every time.

Also, it's always best to start around 16mg. 24mg will usually have even the strongest smoker coughing.

I think you hit on a big one Chris. I see that too. I work at a pretty big place, lots of employees, see them try ecigs and go back to analogs all the time. If you puff on a ecig like a cigarette your gonna be vaping air. It's more of a pipe hit and not many people ever smoked a pipe before so it's a new idea. Others direct inhale and cough their brains out. It's a slow inhale like you said. Once you get it down to second nature you can try variations. I like to occasionally start with a small direct inhale and end up with a slow drag. Some times I really don't care about the vapor amount and hold the inhale in longer which I find gives me more nic. I produce less vapor that way but get a really, really good hit! :)

Also, it's always best to start around 16mg. 24mg will usually have even the strongest smoker coughing.

hahaha That's really funny. The first ecig I ever purchased for our home, I asked the heaviest smoker to give it a try. Totally ignorant of what I had. The juice that was sent to me, was 36 mg. She is a really heavy smoker of Marlboro reds. I almost killed her.

So then I asked my bro-in-law, thinking she must be kind of a wimp. He's a chain smoker of unfiltered nasty things... don't know the brand.... He got such a head rush he almost passed out and coughed for 5 minutes.

Soooooo. I re-grouped and tried something a little lighter.

Edited by HyOnLyph

My problem is that I like the taste and feel of vaping as much if not more than analogs, but it is the ritual of lighting an analog, smoking it down and putting it out as an act with a beginning and an end that trips me up. I still smoke analogs, but have cut down on them from a carton a week to a pack in 5 days. I just have to get over the ritualistic aspect of it to get down to 0 packs of analogs a week.

My problem is that I like the taste and feel of vaping as much if not more than analogs, but it is the ritual of lighting an analog, smoking it down and putting it out as an act with a beginning and an end that trips me up. I still smoke analogs, but have cut down on them from a carton a week to a pack in 5 days. I just have to get over the ritualistic aspect of it to get down to 0 packs of analogs a week.

That's very intersting. We had one lady who was older and smoked for a lot of years. This is her third attempt at long term recovery. She told me..."when I couldn't count on anyone, when I had driven everyone away, my cigarettes were there. How can I walk away from them?"

Reminding her that her cigarettes were inanimate objects didn't help a bit. She needed the freedom to grow past her addiciton and obsession. That's what we are here for... but it was sure an eyeopener. I had heard lots of stories... but "my cigarettes are my only friend...." that was just sad.

I don't think I'd ever want to quit vaping and return to analogs! But, I guess some habits just die really, really hard. Long, slow 18mg inhales do it for me every time! I'll be honest, I'm happy to have my nic what-which-ever way I can get it :)! Maybe you can show the ladies Christopher's "How do you get so much Vapor" video! Seriously, keep after them! :)!

Usually if someone still has the lighter habit I tell them to remove the cartomizer or cartridge every time they are done. Next time when you go to use your electronic cigarette you have to add something to it. Screwing the cartomizer back on sort of fills that extra habit in for you.

A huge hang up for me is the fact that there is nothing to put out at the end, it just seems like it is forever going.

I don't know how to fix it but that is a big one.

The other thing for me was the fact that it was such a hassle, the always dripping or changing and cleaning and all that stuff.

Cartomizers fixed that for me! I love them, less hassle and less of a mess for me.

The other big thing is taste taste taste!

I do not like VG at all and when I was doing straight VG is was pretty awful for me, so I had to find the right mix and what worked for me.

The big thing to remember is that just like when you started to smoke analogs, there was a bit of a learning curve on how to do things. E cigs have a bit more of a learning curve and you have to be commited to stick with them.

The only times I willingly reached for an analog instead of the ecig, were when the attys wouldn't burn right and needed replaced or cleaned. So, I guess I'd have to say having extra attys on hand.

Finding the right all day vape that I couldn't put down really helped me stick with the ecig from the start. (minus the 1st week of that reluctant 4 then 2 then 1). Plus the right for me ecig itself. My combo was Janty eGo, Janty RY4, and Janty Apple with the Joye 510 attys. I'd alternate the apple and Ry4 for the perfect after dinner vape all day long. Those flavors woke my tastebuds right up.

From then on, it was the excitement of trying new flavors, new vendors... always something new to try, to shop for. How wonderful to shop!!! That was a huge benefit for me, the privilege of actually shopping again. Supporting Mom and Pop stores, stimulating the economy little by little.

I wonder, if perhaps a Zero Nic cookoff complete with tasting judges ... might help to stimulate some of them ex chefs into participating. :)

Having that zero nic on hand will be handy too, for cutting the higher mgs...

Best of luck to you and the gang.

my biggest problem at first was using carts i was to stubborn to direct drip but wish i would have from day one, high voltage was also life changing for me and i found with high voltage it was easier to direct drip because if you flooded it there was no problem with the vapor (just a mess out the bottom)