Johnson Creek Tweaking Their Formulas

Perhaps some of you got in on this, but here goes my 2-bits, anyway.

I received a phone call from Johnson Creek the other day. As a steady customer, they had tapped me to sample a new formulation of their Tennessee Cured flavor, and had sent me a free 15ml bottle of PG-based, 16-power TC to try. I received the juice today.

The cover letter stated:

"We've listened to what customers have said in the last year as we've worked tirelessly behind the scenes. We've heard from people wanting more flavor, more vapor, more throat hit. We went through dozens of variations until we reached this version, and we think this is the future of Johnson Creek Smoke Juice - and it's a future we wanted to share with you."

Sweet of them, no?

Now, I personally lean more toward the non-PG, and the 24mg strength, but I let all that slide in sampling this new juice. So that there would be no residual effects from previous juice, I cleaned a cart and batting for the test, topped off the cart with the new juice, and gave it a vape.

I'm quite familiar with (and like) Johnson Creek's Tennessee Cured, and this new formula definitely has more intense flavor. Considerably more, in fact. I can really taste the rich tobacco in this version... strong yet very smooth. As to vapor, it's as good or better than before, certainly, and the throat hit likewise. So far (to me anyway) any improvement in these two areas is very subtle, and not nearly as obvious or pronounced as the increase in flavor. Inasmuch as a perceived faintness of flavor in JC juices has been a common complaint in the vaping world (much moreso than vapor or throat), the company addressed the right issue in this new version.

The word is that JC will be rolling out the new formulas (along with an improved website interface) later this summer. They also state that they're "investing in our production process and order management to speed up shipping, our packaging to create less waste and our business channel partners to make our JCSJ available from even more outlets". Sounds like the company, no doubt swamped with business as the only US-based maker of e-juice and one of the very few companies to offer a non-PG option, is tackling the obvious challenges they face with authority and dispatch.

I wrote JC a similarly long-winded synopsis of my experience with the new juice, hinting that if they ever needed a tester for new-formula, non-PG, 24-power Wild Cherry juice, to count me in.

:blush:

Great review, and lucky you to be tapped to sample!

I too like the Tennessee Cured; out of their sampler pack, it was my favorite. Glad to hear they're going to be amping up the flavor for their product.

Yup! I got their sample pack and TN Cured was my favorite...followed by Peach Cobbler.... Glad to know that they are improving on an already good juice....I will definitely order some when they re-release it.

Right now I have 60ml each of Riskee and Cashe Cap on its way, so I should be able to hold out till the release the new TN Cured :)

Right now I have 60ml each of Riskee and Cashe Cap on its way, so I should be able to hold out till the release the new TN Cured :)

Are u gettin 60ml bottles or 2 30mls. And if ur gettin 60ml bottles, where??!? And good choice on flavors. Cashcap and Riskee are still 2 of my favorites.

Damn I can't belive I got left out :D

That was one of my biggest issues with Johnson Creek was the flavor. It's the reason I don't recommend them as much on the site. That and the issue they had with the Juice turning green. I remember just how much I LOOOVVEEEDDD The peach cobbler and wished it had a stronger flavor.

I must have got the "new and improved Wild Cherry", because the last bottle I got from them was the Sweet Strawberry, and the flavour was as normally reported; only a shadow amongst the backdrop of a smooth vape. Now with the Wild Cherry I just got, the flavour is very intense..(And absolut Delish to I might add.) I sent them an email recommending that they create a small tin to carry a small dropper bottle of juice and some accessories. ( No e-cig case I have ever seen has a spot for such things.) They promptly sent me an email stating that it will be brought up at the next meeting. :D

• 2 weeks later...

i went and bought a sample pack of there stuff and to me, everything tastes the same with only a slight hint of flavor added. hope this means that i actually going to taste the cherry flavor and not the tobacco every time i take a drag.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines