Confused And Annoyed.

Murano22s

Let me start by saying I have read the forums, reviews, and vendor sites. I am very confused on which unit to purchase. I am looking for the best, and I mean very best. I want excellent customer service, long battery life, hard pocket sized case, easy refills(I am partial to prefilled), no atomizer issues, ect. I have been smoking for about 14 years and am only 28. I ENJOY SMOKING! I want an e cig that will truly help me replace that feeling, and get me off of real smokes. Now i have read about Blu, green smoke, EGO, white cloud, ect. This however is why I am annoyed. I have been in sales and marketing for about 10 years, I can tell when someone is trying to sell me something. Everything I have read is a basic sales pitch and that includes the reviews. I just really want the best e cig available, I can usually weed out the crap and find true unbiased reviews, but these suppliers have flooded the web with garbage. So please some vetrans who have a need for perfection, chime in and give me some advice, I will buy the thing in pieces if I have to. Oh and also I like the idea of the blu pack charger, but if it is garbage I don't want it.

You might want to check out the Ego. It has a great battery life and 510 atty (which I find gives best flavor and throat hit). You will get lots of great advise here. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. :thumbsup:

Also I smoke menthol, and cannot smoke regular, I have read that most of the menthol liquids taste like mint. Any ideas on that? I have checked out the ego a little and I find positive reviews. I just want to make sure it is the best of the best. Money is not a concern considering I spend thousands on smokes every year. It seems like a waste to skimp on something that will save me that much money over a life time, and could have a large impact on my life span, which is the ultimate goal.

Welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum! I have to agree on the longer battery life and versatility of the Janty/Joye eGo. Both the 510 and eGo offer a PCC for charging on-the-go. Vaping will never be exactly like smoking analogs. Imo it is way better! Breathing better is No. 1, and the list goes on. This is not a sales pitch. It is the truth for many here and everywhere who use pv's. Vaping is an alternative to analogs and also imo has a far-reaching impact on the ability to set any type of personal goal a person can have. Gluck! :)

Thank you for the advice. I have tried some here and there when someone I meet has one. But I haven't been interested until now, so I have not asked brands. The few I have tried were alright, but not quite good enough, seemed cheaply built. If I go for the ego what should I purchase with it, as in attys, what is a cartomizer. This is confusing to start and really find out correct information.

go to the vaportalk store here. you cannot beat the mentha liquid and the service is superb. email ar pm christopher here on the forum he is the best :thumbsup:

Agreed!!! VT Mentha is not minty but a strong, true menthol flavor but without a tobacco flavor. (in my opinion)

It is the juice that really helped my cravings as I was a 20 year menthol smoker and this juice did it for me!! Good luck and welcome to the forums!!

Edited by Ofortuna

Thank you for the advice. I have tried some here and there when someone I meet has one. But I haven't been interested until now, so I have not asked brands. The few I have tried were alright, but not quite good enough, seemed cheaply built. If I go for the ego what should I purchase with it, as in attys, what is a cartomizer. This is confusing to start and really find out correct information.

A cartomizer is a atomizer and cartridge combined. The eGo can use either 510 or eGo (2ml) sized cartomizers. The eGo sized last a long time without being refilled but you are sacrificing taste. Can be kinda of plastic. There are lots of videos out there to show you how to fill them.

2 attys are good to start. I doubt you'll like constantly filling cartridges so I recommend a 5 pack of cartos. I would look into a drip tip, it can be used w/ both attys & 510 cartos.

Lily is right about vaping being different & better. Be adventurous. There are some really great flavors out there.

I would also vote for the eGo or Tornado. Same thing just named differently. Great battery life and just an all around great device. A lot of the kits you will find, will come with 2 attys. Attys are a crap shoot. They can last days or months, no matter the brand. It is just the way it is. I have been lucky and I have not had 1 atty go bad on its own. I have screwed up one myself. Cartomizers are great also. As has been said, cartos are the cartridge and atty built into 1 piece. Whereas an atty can cost around $9, you can get a 5 pack of cartos for that price. If you are a smoker that really needs a great throat hit, you may want to look into some Low Resistance attys or cartomizers. They take the 3.7v eGo and somewhat make it mimic a 5v device. Much greater throat hit which is what I need. I have attached a link to the low res cartos I have been using, and they are fantastic.

http://www.electronicstix.com/BLANK-510-18-OHM-LOW-RESISTANCE-CARTOMIZERS-BLACK-510ENSLRCARTOS.htm

Hi Murano22s

All Good advice posted so far...the easiest way is for you to get an Ego starter kit. It come with everything you'll need to get started, and that includes 2 complete Ego's, and charger. Luke over at VaporGalaxy has em for $62 with the coupon code VTalk. Atomizers for the most part are the weak link in e-cigs, you may get one that last only a few days or one that last 2 months---its a crap shoot. Order back ups!! Just so you know, most all of the people here on VT are not vendors, nor am I. Ive been smoke free for over 4 months now, thanks to E-cigs and this forum...I hope you have the same success!!!

Two of my favorite devices are the eGo and the silver bullet. For someone just starting out, I'd recommend the eGo because it's a great device and is small enough to not intimidate people in the beginning. The batteries can last some people all day. For me, the batteries last from 6 to 8 hours. I no longer use cartridges, I use drip tips. There is less hassle with them as I felt I was filling cartridges too much. I probably drip too much, too, but that's less hassle for me.

The SB is a much bigger device and that can scare people. It's taller, bigger around, and much heavier. But it's one solid, durable unit. The 18650 batteries I use with it last me for almost 2 days. I also have the pass through for it, so can save on the batteries by plugging into that. The pass through is a 5v device, so I have the option of using that or the batteries at 3.7V - depending on my mood. Plus, by switching to the RCR123A batteries, I can vape at 6V. I also use drip tips with the SB and I'm currently using a LR901 atty (with an adapter) on this unit.

Whatever you decide to purchase, I would recommend getting several attys, a couple of extra batteries, and several bottles of eliquid. If you only have two attys and the one you are using dies, you are down to one while you wait on more to come in the mail. If that last atty only lasts one day, you have no way to vape until you get more. If you only have two batteries and one dies, you have no way to vape while that battery charges and that can be an awful thing to go through. Well, at least for me. If you end up using more eliquid than you planned on using, you can run out before a new order comes in. I've done most of those things and that's why I'm so big on recommending "backups, backups, backups"...and then some more backups. I can recommend the LR attys, but not the cartos. I know a lot of people here just love them, but I don't. It's a personal thing...like the flavors...it all depends on your personal taste. Really, it's a good idea to try a bit of everything so you can decide what does and does not work for you. Just be sure to have plenty of what you decide on.

Best of luck in your new adventure!

I ordered my ego from greenhouseone.com along with 5 attys, and 6 10ml bottles of different flavors to see which I like. I still have some questions though. First off the 900mh batteries will they work with the 510 attys or will I have to change, and how much longer do those batteries last. Second who carries the biggest selection of e liquid flavors. Where can I get the PCC for the ego? Is there anything else I should be looking at purchasing to make this an easier transition. And finally how do I get the smoke free counter, that will give me the "honey look how much I am saving! Can I please buy my new car now", leverage. Thanks for all the advice everyone, I am really excited to smell like, well better than a cigarette, and breathing again, oh and the yellow teeth and skin that can go too, and my fiance will want to kiss me again because I won't taste like gross, and when I have kids I will have a better chance of making it to their weddings and graduations, and I am just very excited to do this I hope so much that it works for me like it has for so many others.