New And Need Advice

buttercup

I ordered several disposable e cigarettes for my husband and he really likes them and would like for me to go ahead and order the real deal for him. Done tons of research online and still very, very confused. LOL Could you point me in the right direction? Here is what he wants:

Close look and feel to smoking real cigs

Easy draw – he feels like he has to hit the disposable really hard to get anything

Easy use/maintainance

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

For the slim cigarette type--the 510 is your best bet. great throat hit and vapor. over all a great unit. the only draw back is the battery life. The battery life is only a couple hours, frequent charging of batteries involved. would order extra batteries.

2nd vote is for the Ego--a bit bigger than the slim 510--but the battery life is most if not all day. significantly less charging. a bit less hassle.

no matter which way you go, you will need to order some liquids--a few 10ml s in different flavors and extra atomizers or cartomizers or a combination of both.

in picture:

Sharpie, Ego 900mah(without cone), ego 650 mah, standard 510

post-1300-025925100 1284749643_thumb.jpg

post-1300-025925100 1284749643_thumb.jpg

Edited by kitsune

Welcome to the site Buttercup! Send our congratulations on to your hubby for choosing to go vaping. I've only switched about a month ago, but its a decision I'll never regret. The 510 is probably going to get a lot of mentions here, I too started on a look alike cigarette, but you might want to sway him to go to a eGo or something like that for easier draw, plus a lot longer lasting battery. That was my biggest complaint from my first e-cig was the battery wouldn't last 2 hours and i was constantly re-charging. Get him on something that is going to last all day (i.e. eGo with a cartomizer) and he'll be less likely to pick up a analog.

Get ready for some great advise, you have found the friendliest Vapor site on the web!

Thanks. When talking to my husband about it, he isn't really digging having to refill cartomizers. Are the prefilled ones any count, or should I go with the fillable ones and fill them for him? Ugh. LOL

For the slim cigarette type--the 510 is your best bet. great throat hit and vapor. over all a great unit. the only draw back is the battery life. The battery life is only a couple hours, frequent charging of batteries involved. would order extra batteries.

2nd vote is for the Ego--a bit bigger than the slim 510--but the battery life is most if not all day. significantly less charging. a bit less hassle.

no matter which way you go, you will need to order some liquids--a few 10ml s in different flavors and extra atomizers or cartomizers or a combination of both.

Unfortunately the prefilled ones don't get great reviews for flavor. Maybe try both.... buy some extra liquid--if he finds a flavor he likes, he won't mind filling the cartomizers or carts. You may have to refill initially, but hopefully he will decide he really love vaping and will be willing to work with the bit of maintenance.

can lead a horse to water......

You are a very, very, very good wife and I hope he appreciates what you are doing for him. thumbsup.gif

Unfortunately the prefilled ones don't get great reviews for flavor. Maybe try both.... buy some extra liquid--if he finds a flavor he likes, he won't mind filling the cartomizers or carts. You may have to refill initially, but hopefully he will decide he really love vaping and will be willing to work with the bit of maintenance.

can lead a horse to water......

You are a very, very, very good wife and I hope he appreciates what you are doing for him. thumbsup.gif

Well, he is an awesome husband and I'd like to have him around for a while longer yet, so I'll do what I gotta do :) I will try both and let him decide. thanks!!

He must be pretty good if you are willing to help him with all this.

really, filling the cartomizers isn't really too much. I found the condom method to be very simple.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6510-condom-method-of-filling-cartomizers/page__st__8

Please ask any questions you need, we really want you and your husband to succeed with this.

I much prefer the manual batteries for a few reasons. The automatic batteries have a shut off feature that limits the person to a 2-3 second draw. There is a hole in the bottom of the battery of the automatics to sense the intake of breath, liquid can get into this hole and destroy or shorten the life of the battery.

With the manual batteries, pressing the button becomes second nature very, very quickly. Allows control over The length of the draw. with the ego and the 510, long slow, gentle draws work best.

The batteries are sealed, so no liquid can get into the battery.

May also want to look at getting him some drip tips--no filling or refilling carts or cartomizers.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/7308-how-to-direct-drip/

Welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum! Good luck to your husband! Eventually he will grab the reins to maintain his pv, I'm sure. All your questions will be answered here so don't hesitate to ask. Kitsune, I didn't know you had a 900 mAh?! :)

Edited by Lily

I would normally counsel you in regards to doing too much for the hubby, but having said that, I have cartomizers all over the place with all different flavors for my wife. I have a dedicated atomizer I flush with straight VG so she can try flavors. She told me once she liked a flavor from one supplier so I ordered a ton, I mean a TON. While it was in transit, at dinner, she told me "I don't like this anymore". So filling cartos I think is a good idea.

FYI - I use the lazy method, highly recommended. Keep cap on the part that is on the metal threads. Remove cap from other end, remove the white mouth piece. Now stand it up and drip about 10 drops into the top, it will fill up but get sucked up pretty quickly. Drip another 6 or 7 in, wait, drip a little moe, should get about 20 in before it balks. Walk away for a while, come back, still some liquid? Pick it up and shake it down like a thermometer. Should get about 25 drops in using the lazy method. Most important part is, after a hour or so, take the bottom cap off, and over a napkin gently blow through the carto getting the juice out of the tube. DONE!