Xpower Compared To Ego

AfghanHound

I just happened to have bought an eGO 650 (the 900 wasn't available at that time) at the same time that I bought an XPower 900 and 900c (One is an atty and cart system and the other is a cartomizer set). The XPower 900 set came with two cones, two attys, two bats, usb and wall chargers, and 10 carts while the 900c came with same except it had 10 cartomizers. They cost me $47 each fast including shipping (China). I tried all three out for 5 days and my eGO has been in my desk drawer ever since.

The XPower is slightly wider (2ml), and slightly longer that the eGO. It uses a 301 connection with a modified atty, carto, and carts that make them larger and improved from the older smaller ones. Both have more capacity than the standard eGO - with the cartridges being twice as big. Yes, eGO did a knock off to make their new "Mega" parts for the 510 (which are the same size as the standard XPower's)and their new ego Mega parts - which are additional costs - hold more juice.

Comparing the two, the first thing I noticed was how much more vapor I got out of the XPower. I also thought I got a slightly better taste/flavor - but only slightly. Then, being an atty and cart guy, I soon noticed how much longer the cart lasted. I also notice that the wickening material in the XPower seems of better quality - it's not as "cotton ball" as the eGO and will vape wonderfully untill it's virtually dry. I also really liked the slightly larger size of the XPower as it felt much more comfortable in my hand.

I have a friend who is a JOYE eGO fanatic. He bought the 650 Joye ego, then bought the 900 batteries. So for fun, we spent an evening running all kinds of tests, including "blind" tests where one of us was blindfolded and the other held and pushed the button while trying out a variety of juices.

At the end of the evening, he went home and ordered an XPower. He definitely preferred the feel, the larger button, the overall appearence and especially the difference in amount of vapor.

The eGO is a *very* good e-cig. But if you're considering getting an eGO (Joye or whatever), you might want to also at least consider the XPower. (I'm going to put on my hard hat and get under my desk as I know that I will be attacked by the "Joye" boys/gals.

:rolleyes:

I don't think you will be attacked here. I'm a big eGo fan, but I won't attack. I started out with an M401, went to the 901, then the 801, VP2, 510, Spade, VP/PT, Indulgence, and the eGo. The eGo was the only one I stuck with until I got my Silver Bullet and I use it and my eGo now. If there is something better out there...I'm all for it. I've never heard of the XPower.

PLEASE post a link so people can check out this XPower! :) I ordered my eGo double set from a website in China a month ago. (Didn't realize they were in China till after the order was placed!) But it came, after sitting in Chicago Customs for three days. But it didn't take too long. I'm wondering if shipments are being stopped and confiscated now though! :(

IMO the Tornado/eGo looks way better, looks more "expensive" than the XPower, that one just looks like a cheap knockoff, im sure it works good and if you want to try something different and just started vaping this would be a good choice I say this bcuz I think its newer and everyone who has eGos has had them when only that and the Tornado were the ones available. good luck with it. :)

Thank you for the link! :) The Xpower models look nice! I like the idea of including cartomizers instead of cartridges in the starter kit! The 900mAh batteries are a good step up from 650's too! I'm happy with my eGo for now. I might purchase some larger mAh batteries my next order though, to replace my 650's.

I just noticed that is a link to a website in Avis, PA so its in the US! :)

Edited by JayH503

Thank you for the link! :) The Xpower models look nice! I like the idea of including cartomizers instead of cartridges in the starter kit! The 900mAh batteries are a good step up from 650's too! I'm happy with my eGo for now. I might purchase some larger mAh batteries my next order though, to replace my 650's.

I got 2 days out of my eGo XL battery this week. I would definitely recommend you get the XL batts. :)

I got 2 days out of my eGo XL battery this week. I would definitely recommend you get the XL batts. :)

Two days on a charge is awesome! I'll be buying 2 of the XL eGo batteries soon! My 650's are really good, but the XL's will give me more time between charges. I've been rotating 2 650's but they'll stop working sooner or later. Hopefully later! LOL :)

AfghanHound: I looked at the battery listing and I noticed that the batteries have two LED's, one on the switch and one at the end under what they called transparent chrome. How do those look at the end of the battery? Are the switch buttons chrome in appearance until you press them too? Sounds kinda cool! :)

PLEASE post a link so people can check out this XPower! :) I ordered my eGo double set from a website in China a month ago. (Didn't realize they were in China till after the order was placed!) But it came, after sitting in Chicago Customs for three days. But it didn't take too long. I'm wondering if shipments are being stopped and confiscated now though! :(

Yes, all orders from China will spend two to four days in customs. They prefer to use more expensive faster shipping, but if you're not in a hurry, I've used their cheaper, slower shipping method.

Here are just some places you can order from:

http://www.topproductssale.com/proInfo.aspx?id=46 (I ordered from here because you can often ask for and get some freebies - like a free extra cone to be using two at once)

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/vapes_supplies/items/X_POWER_900c_E_cig_Starter_Kit

http://e-cigarette-supplier.com/Xpower+Series-china/Xpower+Series-E-cigarette+Xpower+900-99/

USA: http://www.litecigusa.net/LitecigUSA_X_Power_900c_Personal_Vaporizer_p/xpower900ckit.htm

AfghanHound: I looked at the battery listing and I noticed that the batteries have two LED's, one on the switch and one at the end under what they called transparent chrome. How do those look at the end of the battery? Are the switch buttons chrome in appearance until you press them too? Sounds kinda cool! :)

Yes, the bigger button with the nice groove looks chrome, but lights up. There is just a very small little orange light in the center of the end - about the size of the head of a pin so it is not a big ORANGE beacon.

Nice to know there are other brands of ecigs out there that are comparable to the original eGo. Thanks for the review.

(but am admitting I am a diehard and will stick with the original).

I can certainly understand that Uma. Just wanted folks who are moving up from the 180 and 250 mah "starters" to know their are choices avaliable. Am I'm thinking of picking up a Black Beauty for fun, so if you can tell me whose yard you left your's standing it, if I find it, I promise to return it as soon as I give it a spin.

:thumbup:

<--- this week's avatar is my Black Silver Bullet (BSB) with the eGo Mega Cartomizer on it. (trimmed the skirt off the carto). Altsmoke for the win.

While I love the idea of being able to use a bigger carto - or atty in my case - trimming the end off sounds kind of scary if one's interested in a nice, clean fit. How did your trimming end up looking - hack sawed or custom fit?

I've been hesitating about getting a couple of them. How do they feel in your hand? Any noticeable difference? I guess is mainly because my 650's fit perfectly in my ABUs arm pocket!

I have 2 650's and 1 1000 mAh. I vape like a fish, constantly. I only exhausted one of my 650, lasted all day first! I have yet to exhaust the 1000 even in 2 days! The 1000 has to be a knock off and I noticed some cartos do not screw on all the way down. Not a problem, just saying. They screw down far enough. I prefer the 650's because they are smaller and feel better in the hand. The 1000 is very long and feels like a drum stick lol. I suppose if your a heavey, heavy, heavy super vapor head, the 1000 would be your ticket. Honestly, I think 2 650's will fit most people and then some :)

The 1000 has to be a knock off and I noticed some cartos do not screw on all the way down. Not a problem, just saying. They screw down far enough.

May be the carto, not the battery. I've had a few cartos with screwy threads that didn't like my BSB or Joker.

While I love the idea of being able to use a bigger carto - or atty in my case - trimming the end off sounds kind of scary if one's interested in a nice, clean fit. How did your trimming end up looking - hack sawed or custom fit?

Custom fit on the eGo naturally, and customly hack sawed on the BSB. :D Actually, it looks nice on most sides and if I took something besides just the electrical wire toenail cutters to it, I'm sure it would be a custom look all the way around. It's not scarey, it's just a plastic skirt that hangs lower than the atty. Could even sandpaper it for a total custom look, if wanted. (I'm too lazy to do that for something that's just temporary like a carto is built to be).

Yes, the bigger button with the nice groove looks chrome, but lights up. There is just a very small little orange light in the center of the end - about the size of the head of a pin so it is not a big ORANGE beacon.

Whats up with you putting viruses on here, I clicked on one of your links and my anti-maleware blocked your ***, That aint cool. :thumbsdown:

Caught a virus on your link a few hours ago, it is good now, must of been on one of the china sites, sorry I know it wasnt intentional. :)

I have Trend Micro Pro and I have it set to "medium high". I never even enter a site when it gives me any kind of warning. I also have a separate Malware/Spyware program just in case my TMP doesn't catch something. I've been to all of those URLs more than once without any problems. I would *never* post a URL if I even suspected that it might contain anything harmful.

I don't know what happened in your case, but I'm sorry that you had a problem and I'm real glad it got fixed.

I like to think of it as an alternative rather then a replacement. All that I can attest to is that it has helped me and many of those around me become non smokers for 6 months now, a fact that I am rather proud of.

Congratulations. Two months down for me, the rest of my life to go.

"Lingang". Looks interesting on the satellite map. Do you have snow on your mountain tops sometimes or all of the time that you can see from your home?

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines