Fda, Green Tea Is "new Drug"

Christopher

Article: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/200398.php

Interesting article. Basically the FDA is calling out 2 major companies for labeling their popular Green Tea drink brands (Lipton is one) inappropriately. Lipton is claiming an abundance of health benefits to drinking Green Tea. Apparently Lipton's ice cold Green tea is so low in antioxidants it's a joke. Hey, big surprise.

What really caught my attention is the fact that the FDA states Lipton Green is a new drug as it claims (with the drinking benefits of Green Tea) that it can lower cholesterol.

Can you believe that crap? The FDA considers Green Tea a new drug?! Un freakin believable. I think someone has flown far from the coo coo nest. These guys have lost their way and I honestly think they need to be shut down.

That's pretty typical for the FDA. What do they actually do? I don't see any benefit in their proceedings as of late. "Hey, a couple hundred people have died using chantix, let's keep it on the market but let's go after lipton!"

Ya, LOL! I must be a frickin drugy now! I have drank iced tea constantly day and night for years now! I make a fresh pitcher of iced tea (regular brewed, green tea, cold brewed, almost any type) every night before I go to bed! I gotta monkey on my back! LOL I need rehab I guess! LMAO The FDA needs to pick a "REAL" important topic and leave everything else alone! Are they goin for shock value now in the press or what? They really have took a wrong turn somewhere! :(

ADDED NOTE! I use to drink Dr. Pepper (ALL THE TIME) until I got a kidney stone! The doctors told me it was from high sugar content in soda! Now I only drink UN-sweetened iced tea! Passing "ONE" kidney stone will change your life forever! It's some serious pain! :(

Didn't they go after Cheerios for the same thing about a year ago.

Really? Bummer. I had it made in the shade with our new healthy diet... cheerios, special k, shredded wheat,etc .... which meant no more cooking!

off to pout with a cuppa HOT green tea :P

The letter kept saying it was a carbonated beverage and its not, I think that is funny! They don't even know what the heck it is that they wrote the letter about.

Stupid people!

The carbonated beverage they were referring to is the Canada Dry Sparkling Green Tea Ginger Ale. It is carbonated.

Why don't they target all the energy drinks? Aren't most of those fortified carbonated snack foods?

They chose to target a company and call the product a drug. Why not just label Green Tea itself as a drug? People do overdose on green tea and suffer side effects.

they might as well list everything as a drug

A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function.

anything we put into our body is a drug, under that broad example.

this doesn't just apply to liquid or solids but also air.

so maybe that's where they are heading. get a strong hold on everything liquid and solid then start regulating our air.