Blu Cig Problems And Analog Cravings

silentd3at4

Hey guys, new to the forums as well as vaping. I was really hoping I would vape and the desire for a regular cigarette would be replaced with the vaping of my e-cigarette. I got the Blu cig because after measuring cost, # of cigs per cart and carts per carton and how much i smoke I figured it made the best sense financially. I am having two problems at the moment though. I feel like I cant get enough vapor or doesn't feel like smoking a real cigarette. I find myself having to drag directly into my lungs to get a good hit (which i do but this doesnt solve my "oral fixation" from smoking a traditional cigarette.) The way I smoked an analog previously was to draw the smoke into my mouth and then inhale into my lungs and then exhale. I dont care bout the glitz and glam of having vapor roll out of my mouth im not 18 years old whose trying to show off to my 17 y/o buddies or my peers, im 24 years old trying to find a healthier atlernative to get my fix so I can continue throughout my day without stopping for real cigarettes. With the blu though I cant smoke this way and I was curious if this is the case with all e-cigarettes or just the blue, or if perhaps it is because it is not producing enough vapor for a serious smoker like myself to be able to draw "smoke" into my mouth and then inhale into my lungs? (1 - 2 packs a day of Paul Mall Blues, Camel Lights, Doral Lights, Marbloro Lights, or the Occasional Marblor Reds 100s, 2 packs usually when drinking)

So question 1 is:

Do all E-Cigarettes need to be drawn directly into lungs or is it just my blu because it doesnt produce enough vapor?

The next question regards the common tip for Blu cigs and that is removing the tin foil from the atomizer on the blu cig. I did the following and also pushed the cartridge out and removed all the tin foil around the top. IT seems like I am getting better vapor production but now the cartridge tends to drip into my mouth and gives a nasty taste in my mouth ( >_< gross lol )

So question 2 is:

Is this common with blu cigs to drip in your mouth after removing the cart foil, AND also ( from my understanding ) if I were to buy liquid and refill my own carts would this problem persist with the blu, AND do other ecigarettes that have users drip and fill cartridges get this nasty dripping in their mouths?

FINALLY question 3 is:

Is craving a regular cigarette normal?

I have tried to quit smoking and IMHO the nicotine is not the hardest part of quitting. The hardest part of quitting is that physical connection with the cigarette smoking after a meal, after sex, while drinking, while driving (never together of course rofl) I am trying to keep these habits in sync with the ecig cause i want it to be a success but i still am craving that tobacco.

ANY helpful and encouraging advice would be greatly appreciated! Plus let me know if I should return the blu and get a better cig that sounds like it would suffice a smokers needs (1-2 packs of 100s a day)

Thankyou all for your time and for reading this.

Welcome!

I started with the Volcano, which is basically a re-labeled Blu. All the problems you're having are completely normal. If I may be blunt and honest, I think it's a terrible product. I'd suggest you get your money back and invest in either a Joye 510 or an eGo. The Blu-type models are incredibly unsatisfying for... well, almost everyone! If you'd like to stick with Blu, then yes, buying your own liquid makes the experience MUCH better. But at the end of the day, the alternatives I mentioned are relatively cheap, and MUCH more satisfying. These can be found in the store here on Vapor Talk.

As for analog cravings, it is completely normal. It's because smokers aren't just addicted to nicotine, but the other chemicals in cigarettes. E-liquid doesn't have these other chemicals, which is GREAT, but your body needs to work out all that analog grossness. Just vape as much as you can, and if it's not doing the job, smoke an analog! And don't feel bad about it. Lots of people, myself included, had to do this. There is no right or wrong way. Smoke an analog and keep trying.

Additional note, I didn't elaborate on the 510 and eGo much.

I recommend the eGo because it is higher voltage and has a MUCH longer battery life.

HOWEVER, I know some newbies insist on something that is shaped like an actual cigarette. In this case, go with the 510. The 510 is basically like a much better version of the Blu.

The eGo is not huge by any means, but it is definitely not cigarette-shaped.

Blu isn't good alternative. They do a good job advertising and making people aware that there is an alternative that isn't made by a pharmaceutical company; but, they work terribly. You're much better starting with a 510 or eGo like Popsicle said! With any eCig you can inhale the vapor into your mouth then into your lungs. Some people like pulling the vapor directly into the lungs, while others into the mouth. It's all personal preference but with those two units you'll get the hit you want.

You'll also save a lot of money not buying expensive replacement parts and liquid/carts.

Blu isn't good alternative. They do a good job advertising and making people aware that there is an alternative that isn't made by a pharmaceutical company; but, they work terribly. You're much better starting with a 510 or eGo like Popsicle said! With any eCig you can inhale the vapor into your mouth then into your lungs. Some people like pulling the vapor directly into the lungs, while others into the mouth. It's all personal preference but with those two units you'll get the hit you want.

You'll also save a lot of money not buying expensive replacement parts and liquid/carts.

^AGREE^

Blu is all marketing. Their site and advertisements are beautiful, but as a company, they are awful at best.

And I forgot to mention it, but Nero is right about inhaling. The problem is that vapor dissipates within seconds. If you have a good unit, you get a lot of vapor so it goes down well. With Blu, you barely get any vapor in the first place, so by the time you finish a drag, most of the vapor has faded away.

First off Welcome to the site! You've come to the right place there is a great wealth of knowledge here.

I had a similar problem with my first experience with a e-cig. I was trying to smoke it like a analog (quick sort puffs) and wasn't getting the quality vapor I needed. It takes slow (4 - 5 second) slow drags to get a good "hit". There is some good videos on "How" to use a e-cig, not sure exactly where I seen them, sure some one more knowledgeable will remember.

Again Welcome!

Hey there and welcome. I wouldn't recommend BLU pack as a ecig you'd want to go with. Some users of BLU always ended up getting another mod in place of their BLU pack. I was one who almost bought a BLU pack but did some research and found that BLU was overpriced and did little to curve the cravings of analogs. So I'd definitely switch off of BLU's and looked for the more standard 510/eGo. Even went with a 801/901s, but 510s are a safe bet!

Answer your first question, The best way to get a good hit off an ecig is to suck in slowly and build up enough vapor in your mouth. Then when you think you have enough, inhale it in. Ecigs and analogs aren't the same, you'll have a learning curve with an ecig. Might want to refer to this video on how to get a bigger hit and more vapor.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6224-how-do-you-get-so-much-vapor/

Answer to your second question, What your experiencing when getting juice in your mouth is common with other mods. They call it getting 'Juiced', it's normal, just spit it out and rinse out your mouth. To avoid this, take slow drags from the ecig and build up the vapor in your mouth.

And finally, your last question, If your craving an analog, it's a sign that the liquid doesn't have enough nicotine to curve your needs. You might want to up it a just a bit. But be warned, you can get headaches sometimes if you vape too much, I went from 24MG to 18MG because I was getting more headaches. Then slowly went down as my cravings started to go. It's a good way to quit, I'm actually 0MG right now for a week! :)

Welcome to the forum. You've gotten great advice. I have to agree that if you can return your BLU, by all means do it. I haven't heard one person that has started with one that has had any success with one. They look nice but are very cheaply made and costly to maintain.

Like everyone has said go for either a 510 or the very popular ego/tornado. Much better units and will help you kick your cravings.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. It looks like your questions have pretty much been answered. I'd like to recommend that you watch some videos (there are several really good ones right here on Vapor Talk). They will answer some questions and show you the best way to "vape". Also, a lot of older posts here could provide you with a lot more information.

I've never used the blu, but have used several other devices. I have never had a problem with an ecig, but I had to go through several models before finding what worked best for me. I, too, highly recommend the eGo. It is a bit bigger than a regular cigarette, but preforms so well that you probably won't miss a cigarette shape and size at all.

Do take the advice of the others and take long, slow drags, filling your mouth before inhaling. It really does work best that way.

Good luck and continue to ask any questions you have.

Hi, a belated welcome to the VT Forum! Initially I was drawn to Blu advertising. There was a link to Blu on my analog website that I ordered from. I continued to research e-cigs online and found this forum where ultimately I was able to make an informed choice to go with the Joye510 which simulated analogs. About a month and-a-half into vaping, I purchased a Janty eGo. Not everyone, but many like myself, needed to transition to vaping this way. Everyone has covered many particulars in this thread, and I guess all I would like to add is there are probably more details to master using a pv, i.e, which mod, which accessories, which e-liquid, but the end result will be very much worth it, i.e., feeling better (physically and mentally), feeling richer (less expensive than smoking analogs), and finally, being in a position to help others who haven't heard of this technology and want to stop smoking. I still entertain the thought after a little over three months, hmmmm...I wonder what an analog would taste like now? I guess with any addiction, you don't go there. Instead, I vape up a storm (18mg, RY4). As others have said, don't hesitate to ask questions. There are some very knowledgeable people who have been analog-free for a long time that continue to contribute to the forum. Best of luck!

I'm using a Blu and personally I do like it... now.

I traded the atty that came with the Blu for a Volcano atty and the improvement was noticeable immediately. With the Blu atty I had to take these huge long drags directly into my lungs like you mention, (which admittedly I never could do with an analog) just to get a decent amount of vapor. I ordered the Volcano atty to replace it and I get the same amount of vapor with much less effort and drag.

I can't speak for the carts that come with the Blu, I ordered blank carts (from Volcano) and liquid the same time I ordered the starter kit, and never really gave the prefilled carts a chance. There was a bit of leakage when I first started filling the cart, but once I got the amount of liquid I needed to add figured out I had very little problem with leakage.

Personally, I've never looked back once I got my Blu working the way I wanted it, granted it's only been a few weeks since my last analog. Like anything I think it varies person to person, based on how much of a smoker you were and what kind of experience you're getting out of your ecig now.

I definitely plan on adding another ecig to my collection in the future, but I plan on keeping my Blu still. To each their own.

Hey Im new here as well. However I have used the Blu ecigs before. They were not cutting it for me. The vapor production just sucked. So I listened to the people on the forums and got a Joye 510. MUCH BETTER. I Had my own issues with e-cigs and had gotten frustrated. However I had gone back to analogs before the eGo and I have that now. Lets just say WOW! Amazing vapor and LONG battery life to go with it. As for taking the vapor into your mouth then to your lungs, with the Joye 510 and eGo you can do that if you want with a good TH to. Just trust the forum these people will not lead you in the wrong direction. Everyone here has been where you are myself included. Just dont give up. I know it sucks to fork over more cash, but in this case buying a 510 starter kit or an eGo starter kit WILL save you money at the start and in the long run. At least if you buy them you will be getting your moneys worth. Just research and you will find all you need to get what you want out of the vaping experience. Also when buying your next kit research companies. Or just get your kit here. Either way make sure you get it from a good company.

Well all these suggestions seem great. I am starting to Direct Drip on my atomizer and getting several hits with the products that Chris has sent me. I have noticed that the liquid does seem to produce more vapor. Sadly all I can say is does create more vapor for myself. But 3/4 drips is that truel equal to 1-2 reg ciggarettes? I really want to spend more time with this liquid and worst case scenario I have to return my BLU. Im curuios about another unit. What about the Joy 510 (it looks like my blu) whats the diff between the blu and 510? Also the Joy EgO seems nice but physicallity it doesnt look like a cigarette and the end doesn't illuminate like mine? Is this a great unit though (VAPOR PRODUCTION, BATTERYLIFE, CARTS?) Any more tidbits would be wonderful. And i apoloize for writing poorly I ll have to edit this thread in morning. Been sick as a dog, and my medical cocktail is being stirred with an ambien to get me assleep. So thank you all and please continue to consume my mind with wisdom

Hey Silent......

The 510 or Ego vs Blu---no contest.

The 510-- is much, much better than the blu. Better throat hit and vapor production. is thin like the blue and has the LED at the tip. The biggest draw back is battery life (compared to the ego). Any of the slimmer units will have short battery life. But other than battery life, it is a great unit if you need something that looks more like a cigarette.

The Ego--uses the 510 atomizers and is still 3.7 V (same power as the 510)--but the battery life is significantly longer than the standard 510 batteries. the 650mah will last 6-8 hours (for me) and the 900mah (bit bigger battery) will last me all day. No LED.

The Ego is the best overall if you don't have to have something that looks like a cigarette. I highly recommend the ego as a great place to start !!! I love my Ego.

as far as liquid strength goes--it really depends on how many mgs you are using. for me I use 18 mg-- PG liquid = 3 drops=.1mg (30 drops/ml)---3 drops = 1.8mg. VG liquid = 2 drops/.1ml (20 drops/ml). However, I don't really worry about it any more--I use anywhere between 8mg and 18mg liquids-- I figure I use about 1.5 -2 mls/day = 27-36 mg/day. I smoked at least 30 cigarettes/day. I am using about the same amount of nicotine as when I smoked.

Personally, I vote for the Ego...

Happy vaping

The Joye 510 and the Joye eGo use the same type of atomizers, and if you buy the 510 cartomizers those will work on both as well. The main difference between the two besides size is the eGo has amazing battery life. I get a solid 6-10 hours on one battery. I know how you feel about it not looking like a real cigarette and that was actually a problem I faced when I first started. That problem actually pushed me back into smoking again. Probably wont do the same for you but just understand that the smaller the battery the shorter the battery life. With most of the "ANALOG" looking e-cigs you are lucky to get an hour and a half, in my experience anyways. Most of the time I was only getting 30-40 minutes. However if the looking like an analog is important for you try the KR808 from the VT store http://www.vaportalkstore.com/categories/Revolution-e-Cig/. I had a similar device and it wasnt too bad. However if you want Great vapor production, Great flavor, and Great battery life then I recommend the eGo. Honestly it's what is keeping me going. Also check out this review by GrimmGreen for the eGo. He is a no BS kind of reviewer, and you will get a good idea as far as the size of the eGo.

In all honesty though I wish I would have known about how great it would be to have a PV that has LONG battery life. It makes it so much easier. In my opinion its one less thing to worry about. If you add a drip tip to the mix it becomes even easier. Last but not least throw in a couple of cartos and its like vaping becomes such an easy habit to take on. The learning curve is still there but it becomes just so easy. More important to me than the PV looking like a cigarette is that I want it to be closer to the ease of use of just lighting up, and the set up I mentioned pretty much does that. Well as close as it can for an electronic device.

The Joye 510 and the Joye eGo use the same type of atomizers, and if you buy the 510 cartomizers those will work on both as well. The main difference between the two besides size is the eGo has amazing battery life. I get a solid 6-10 hours on one battery. I know how you feel about it not looking like a real cigarette and that was actually a problem I faced when I first started. That problem actually pushed me back into smoking again. Probably wont do the same for you but just understand that the smaller the battery the shorter the battery life. With most of the "ANALOG" looking e-cigs you are lucky to get an hour and a half, in my experience anyways. Most of the time I was only getting 30-40 minutes. However if the looking like an analog is important for you try the KR808 from the VT store http://www.vaportalkstore.com/categories/Revolution-e-Cig/. I had a similar device and it wasnt too bad. However if you want Great vapor production, Great flavor, and Great battery life then I recommend the eGo. Honestly it's what is keeping me going. Also check out this review by GrimmGreen for the eGo. He is a no BS kind of reviewer, and you will get a good idea as far as the size of the eGo.

In all honesty though I wish I would have known about how great it would be to have a PV that has LONG battery life. It makes it so much easier. In my opinion its one less thing to worry about. If you add a drip tip to the mix it becomes even easier. Last but not least throw in a couple of cartos and its like vaping becomes such an easy habit to take on. The learning curve is still there but it becomes just so easy. More important to me than the PV looking like a cigarette is that I want it to be closer to the ease of use of just lighting up, and the set up I mentioned pretty much does that. Well as close as it can for an electronic device.

GrimmGreen tells it like it is the eGo is a vaping innovation, it just puts the blucig to shame in so many aspects!

• 1 month later...

Ok... I'm new here but have to chirp in here. I don't claim to know jak-crp but... I've got a blu. Only had it for 3-4 days. Mine creates valor like there is no tomorrow. Kooks like a funny car is doing burnouts in my mouth. Yesterday I started taking empty carts , cleaning them and replacing the filler with blue foam. Now it's like 2 funny cars are doing burouts in my mouth. Vapor is not an issue with mine. HOWEVER......,the carts are the pits and the juice is worse. I'm refilling blue foam w/ Freedom smokes juice and all is good except I can't find one that actually tastes like a real cig. I do agree that these blu batteries don seem to last as long as they claim. (sux) people here know waaay more than I do. Just my 2 cent. That said I do plan on getting another/different ecig and am absorbing everybodys advice. But my blu does work fine.