Air Force Bans Electronic Cigarettes From The Workplace

Brian

Yup, well not really banned it. But categorized it as tobacco product until further information from the FDA. So basically we are not allowed to smoke indoors. We have to go to the smoking area to use them. But guess what? I don't really care, my coworkers and my boss don't mind me doing it inside. So all i have to do is to be careful not to do it in front of any higher up!! :shiftyninja:

The one good thing I noticed in that article is they caterogized them as a "TOBACCO PRODUCT"

Why is that a good thing? I'd rather ecigs be classified as a NON-TOBACCO PRODUCT. At my workplace the sign does not read "smoke free workplace" it reads "tobacco free workplace". That means that if I can get them to classify them as a non-tobacco product, I would be able to vape at my desk. Sofar the only thing I have gotten from the facilities manager is that she likes the idea of ecigs, but that the company can not "ENDORSE" them because of the crap with the FDA. Large companies are not going to publicly step up against a government agency, and as far as the Air Force goes, it's just one government agency agreeing with another government agency. It's to be expected.

Yup, well not really banned it. But categorized it as tobacco product until further information from the FDA. So basically we are not allowed to smoke indoors. We have to go to the smoking area to use them. But guess what? I don't really care, my coworkers and my boss don't mind me doing it inside. So all i have to do is to be careful not to do it in front of any higher up!! :shiftyninja:

Exactly Bro thats how I vape when im out and about ninja style on the d-low! :shiftyninja:

Just another case of some would-be big shot, doesn't really want to find out the truth and put his butt on the line, falling for the crap from the FDA.

Basically what they are saying is..you can put your life on the line for us but we wont let you enjoy the freedoms that you're serving and fighting for.

And all these people out here that don't want to be seen vaping? What's up with that? Why be afraid of doing something that's neither illegal or immoral. If you're afraid of being seen vaping you might just as well go back to smoking analogs that are also legal but that no one will get one you about. At least they know that it's harmful but they don't care as long as you do it where they say you should.

C'mon people...stand up and make statement for vaping, don't hide in the corner like you're doing something wrong.

And all these people out here that don't want to be seen vaping? What's up with that? Why be afraid of doing something that's neither illegal or immoral. If you're afraid of being seen vaping you might just as well go back to smoking analogs that are also legal but that no one will get one you about. At least they know that it's harmful but they don't care as long as you do it where they say you should.

C'mon people...stand up and make statement for vaping, don't hide in the corner like you're doing something wrong.

Hey, I resemble those remarks!! I never have understood why everyone has to "stealth vape"... that's just rediculous! I MIGHT think of doing it... IF IT WERE ILLEGAL!! Thanks Snubbs!! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Basically what they are saying is..you can put your life on the line for us but we wont let you enjoy the freedoms that you're serving and fighting for.

This is a variation of my first thought, which is this: So they're expected to risk their lives for their country, but they're being inhibited in their attempt to lengthen their life? Then I found out that it's not banned, it just can't be done indoors. Still, I have to say, why does it matter? Now it is just an unnecessary rule that could potentially deter productivity. HIGH FIVE, YOU GUYS! :thumbsdown:

Just another case of some would-be big shot, doesn't really want to find out the truth and put his butt on the line, falling for the crap from the FDA.

Sorry man, but I sign a paper saying that I'm property of the Air Force(literally). I don't really have freedom of speech like everybody else. Well i do but I'll be held accounted for big times. I signed a paper saying that I will follow the orders of the officers appointed over me. So I cant really do too much about it but... you are right to a certain point!

Edited by QuiksilverPR