Ecf Skin Change

they actually backed up the database and then reinstalled with vbulletin from version 3 to 4.

part of why they did it was to speed up ecf.. well that failed.

with all the sections they have the basic server setup they purchase is over worked.

for that many users, loading that many pages, with that many sections. you can not use anything other than a pretty healty vps or dedicated server.

if they were to trim the fat, by removing all those sections of the forum that seem ridiculous to have, that site would function great.

Don't see a need for me to go to ECF. I find all the info and friends I need right here on VaporTalk.

More like home to me. :thumbsup:

I second this. This place just feels comfy. Like your favorite pair of sweat pants! :rolleyes2:

I visit the Jantyforum there about once a week for updates on the Tesla filter and whatever new product will hit the shelves in our lifetime. The mod forum... had me glued for a few months awhile back. My hubby is going to make me one, but I have to do all the research which sucks. As soon as I understand one concept, boom! there it goes into overhaul. Suffice to say, we'll never ever make a mod in our home.

• 2 weeks later...

I went over and browsed around a bit and it's miserably slow trying to scroll. Wasn't that way before.

Its Vbulletin they made an update to their software recently. A lot of Forums use VB and a lot of those forums are very slowly. I don't like VB's new udpate :veryangry:

vb isn't the issue when it comes to speed, that's a server issue and also a issue with how many forum sections they have.

reguardless of how many users they have or what bulletin software is used, you cant have that many forum sections and expect to run with out a hitch.

they either need to get a dedicated server w/ 2gb ram and beefy cpu or trim off the billion and one un-needed forum sections.

they might have reinstalled again as i cant seem to get logged in.