What The Eff! Is This True? Fda Test

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32088790/

tell me what you think about that?

VAPE IT UP?

-Slightly

That article was from 2009 and what started the whole customs suit with the FDA, however, I look at it this way....we were inhaling over 4000 chemicals with every cigarette we smoked, 4000 is there any other product on the market that has 4000 chemicals in it that we are allowed to consume in this country? Heck is there anything with 4000 chemicals we want to consume?? I don't!

The e cigarette I am sure is not 100 percent safe, but it has to be safer than something with CO2, and arsenic and the other 4000 chemicals.

I don't get the whole safety debate of it from the FDA's standpoint, lets see 4000 chemicals and we don't ban them and then something with max of 6 that I have ever seen and they want to ban it?? Makes one wonder.

Not much, that article is over a year old dated 7/22/2009. The topic of e cigarette safety (kind of a misnomer) has been a very heated topic since......well since the FDA got involved. I'm here to stay, ain't goin back to analogs!

That article was from 2009 and what started the whole customs suit with the FDA, however, I look at it this way....we were inhaling over 4000 chemicals with every cigarette we smoked, 4000 is there any other product on the market that has 4000 chemicals in it that we are allowed to consume in this country? Heck is there anything with 4000 chemicals we want to consume?? I don't!

The e cigarette I am sure is not 100 percent safe, but it has to be safer than something with CO2, and arsenic and the other 4000 chemicals.

I don't get the whole safety debate of it from the FDA's standpoint, lets see 4000 chemicals and we don't ban them and then something with max of 6 that I have ever seen and they want to ban it?? Makes one wonder.

Yea i see where your coming from. I was talking about ecigs to this guy at work as he was buying some nicotine gum. I told him i "VAPE IT UP!" and he gave me this look like i was crazy. He told me they were toxic and there was an article about it a couple days ago... I was like wtf?

lol owutaqt, we were both replying at the same time but you are right when you say "makes one wonder" wonder where they are gonna get all that cigarette tax revenue lost.

Edited by JRVapes

No 5h!t!!! If I'm going to get cancer anyways... I rather go down with something that's way cheaper, more enjoyable and with way way way less chemicals!!!!! BTW disregard the cancer part, I really don't wanna get cancer. LOL!!!

Yeah, all the tests I've seen are obviously corrupted in some way. The thing with e-liquid is that the ingredients list is so short that you can actually research what you're putting into your body. I wouldn't put it past the government to order some VT liquid, add some awful chemical to it, and then test it to make it look dangerous.

• 4 months later...

I just read the article, it is written so deceptively, first off, yeah, we know it contains a toxin, nicotine, as for the "turned up several toxic chemicals, including a key ingredient in antifreeze" part, that would be the PG, which the FDA has already approved for use in asthma inhalers and other medicines, so the article is a scare tactic, thats for sure.

I think the main point in the article which has been stated by lobbyist in trying to ban the e-cig, is that it could be a gateway to smoking for children. I have heard such claims that the flavors of e- juices encourage children to smoke. which was the whole basis for banning joe camel back in the day... am i showing my age now? lol

• 1 month later...

Woah, a key ingredient in Antifreeze? What the F are they thinking? PG is not ethylene glycol. It's related, but it's nowhere near a poison.

Where the hell are they outsourcing the research now?

When the FDA tested 2 major brands of cartridges one brand contained trace amounts of Diethylene Glycol. The exact amount has not been published and the FDA has refused to show their results and methods of testing to this day. The FDA then shoved this to the media who spun it in the most negative light possible. As usual all the sheeple where shocked and mortified at the results. The news is always 100% accurate of course.

While I can't speak for all suppliers, Dekang & Boge the largest manufacture of e liquid have verified more than once that their liquid does not contain Diethylene Glycol. NJOY and Totally wicked who also use Dekang and Boge e liquid posted their own lab test results that verified their liquid did NOT contain Diethylene Glycol.

Not only does this show the FDA is...how should I say...full of bull, but that the liquid coming out of China, at least from the major manufacture, is in fact produced to high standards contrary to what some other mixers might state.

While any amount of Diethylene Glycol is unacceptable I can guarantee it's only a fraction of what's found in a typical cigarette. Of which, the FDA has no problem approving so long as the flavors aren't appealing to children....Kill the adults save the kids.

• 4 weeks later...

I have read the article as well, and I have determined a few things about the FDA.

1. If what they are reporting on isn't getting taxed in regards to the money they are making off of analogs they will report it as more dangerous but often end the report with a catch statement disregarding all of the "hazards or risks involved" saying they are fairly inconclusive.

2. The tests are often flawed and have holes in them.

(this isn't to say vaping can't be somewhat harmful but the claims tend to be highly biased, see #1)

Prime example can be seen with other tobacco/nicotine products such as hookah which have also been under-fire.

(which I do enjoy every so often, but their tests involving that revolved around smoke produced and not the content of the smoke, i.e. 0.9mg of nicotine in a pack of hookah tobacco, however no chemical or tar in the smoke; but they were saying a 45min session was the equivalent of smoking a carton or two. Which is highly false) (not that scary now is it?)

Seems that they are creating another scare just to make money rather than care about the user.

• 7 months later...