Intervals Between Vaping

LoriHNC

I've been vaping for a few months now and I'm loving it. It seems to become a new hobby for most. What I'm wondering is why I feel the need to constantly vape. I'm not working right now so my access to my ecig isn't very limited. I want to know how others have disciplined themselves to put their ecig down for periods of time. I don't know if I'm vaping to satisfy the nic need all of the time, as I am in the habitual aspect. I vape 24 mg and I really want to reduce this soon. I smoked 2 packs cigs/day for 30ish years so I realize that it's going to be a gradual process to break the nic habit.

How long do you break between vaping?

Do you vape more than you smoked analogs?

Is it difficult when you reduce nic level?

Thank you for your input and experience with this.

I find I vape more than I smoke. It's just somuch more convenient. I dropped from 24mg to 12 and it wasn't difficult at all. I'm back up to 24mg now, but plan on dropping down again. The only break I really take from vaping is when I sleep. :)

i started out with 24. but i just went straight to 18 after about the first month to try it. and it works great that is the perfect dose for me. I think you should try it. just get one 18mg bottle of something you really like and go for it thats all you have to do. im thinking about moving down here really soon. to an even lower nic level too.

oh yah and im a college student and i only have classes on monday tuesday and wednesday. so all the other days im just sitting in my dorm and i vape constantly. cause i have a 5 volt passthrough so it makes it really easy to just grab it and vape. i love my passthrough! lol

Edited by benjamin1990

I vary between 12mg and 18mg and unless I am at work--my ego is in my hand, pocket or on the table next to me. I vape all the time. You are not alone !!!

Next time you order liquid you can try some 18 mg and just alternate with the 24mg and see what you think.

at this point for me--its very much the pacifier effect baby.gif

I have no doubt that if it were not for vaping I would be smoking and I would much rather be vaping !!! (all the time)

I was going to ask this same question, when I first got my ego I didn't want to put it down. All I want to do is vape, because it is so easy lol Not only that, but when all your friends are dying for a smoke I can just whip out my ego and chief on it infront of them and they're like fml. lol I love vaping I was just afraid I loved it to much. xD But I'm glad to see people do the same as me. :]

I vape all the time - except when I'm sleeping. It seems like more than I smoked, but I don't do it the same, so I'm not so sure. But I do have my eGo in my hand or pocket most of the time. If I'm doing something I can't have it in my hand, it's in my pocket for a few minutes. But I can also put it down for an hour or more and not touch it. But only if I'm busy doing something else. I probably go through more juice than most people do, but since I'm making my own, the cost is very low.

As far as cutting the nic level down, that was so easy for me. I started out high with 48 and 36 mg juices. When I noticed I was fine when I only used the 36, I never bought any more 48. Then I ordered a juice I wanted to try in 24mg and did fine with that, so when the 36 was gone, I never bought any more of that. Then I decided to try 12mg just to see how I did. Everything went fine there, so I cut my 12 to 6 and did fine with that. I cut that to 3, then to 0 with no problems at all. I went through some stressful times and went back up to 12mg for a couple of months. Right now I'm back at 0 most of the time and have been there for over a month. I have nic juice left and have mixed a few drops of it in now and then, so it's not always 0, but probably very close. If I feel the need for more nic, it's always handy, too. The amount I vape doesn't change. I just feel better when I am vaping, so I vape.

I vape all the time - except when I'm sleeping. It seems like more than I smoked, but I don't do it the same, so I'm not so sure. But I do have my eGo in my hand or pocket most of the time. If I'm doing something I can't have it in my hand, it's in my pocket for a few minutes. But I can also put it down for an hour or more and not touch it. But only if I'm busy doing something else. I probably go through more juice than most people do, but since I'm making my own, the cost is very low.

As far as cutting the nic level down, that was so easy for me. I started out high with 48 and 36 mg juices. When I noticed I was fine when I only used the 36, I never bought any more 48. Then I ordered a juice I wanted to try in 24mg and did fine with that, so when the 36 was gone, I never bought any more of that. Then I decided to try 12mg just to see how I did. Everything went fine there, so I cut my 12 to 6 and did fine with that. I cut that to 3, then to 0 with no problems at all. I went through some stressful times and went back up to 12mg for a couple of months. Right now I'm back at 0 most of the time and have been there for over a month. I have nic juice left and have mixed a few drops of it in now and then, so it's not always 0, but probably very close. If I feel the need for more nic, it's always handy, too. The amount I vape doesn't change. I just feel better when I am vaping, so I vape.

Thats great Nana. I will start to follow that step-down and hope for the best. For you to go from 48 to 0 is an amazing feat, in my opinion. And theres not a darned thing wrong with vaping 0, just for the enjoyment. :) Thanks

Hi, I believe someone did the math regarding nicotine in an analog and how it corresponds with the vaping intake of e-liquid. I think it was Chris and I think others have posted this, too. It has certainly crossed my mind several times whether I'm vaping more than I smoked. I've also questioned if I'm obsessed with vaping as well. I think it's because it's new and different, and I love it! I started out with 24mg as well. I went down to 18mg and have vaped 16mg, mostly I vape 18mg. I direct dipped some of my 24mg juice the other day and wow, yes, a rush to the head! I vape all day, everywhere because I can I guess, even where I never could with analogs. I had no real intention of quitting analogs when I did. It was because I couldn't get reservation cigs by mail any longer. I guess weening off nicotine depends upon what someone's personal goals are. People have been smoking tobacco for enjoyment since the dawn of the ages. I know, smoking analogs is bad for you. I guess I just try and not beat myself up too much for having this habit. Can you imagine what vaping will be like in just five years? Anywayz, please forgive the ramble. I so wish you good luck in tapering down. Thanks for the post!

Nicotine break down is per ML. If you vape 24MG and go through two ML per day, you're intake of Nicotine was 48MG(2ML x 24MG). There is 1MG of nicotine in a cigarette so if you smoked a pack a day you would be getting 20MG of nicotine essentially.

There are a lot of other variables as to why you would vape more besides need for nicotine...Convenience, indoor vaping, taste, etc.

"A typical tobacco cigarette contains about 1mg of nicotine per cigarette. There are about 10-12 puffs per cigarette.

1mg/10 = 0.1mg of nicotine per puff

1mg/12 = 0.083mg of nicotine per puff

The majority of the nicotine consumed from tobacco cigarette smoke and electronic cigarette smoking is exhaled by the user. It is estimated that only a very small proportion, of the above calculated nicotine enters the blood stream. According to scientific studies, 40–60 mg (0.5-1.0 mg/kg) can be a lethal dosage for adult humans.

*Please note that calculation will differ if you use a different model of cigarette. "

Nicotine break down is per ML. If you vape 24MG and go through two ML per day, you're intake of Nicotine was 48MG(2ML x 24MG). There is 1MG of nicotine in a cigarette so if you smoked a pack a day you would be getting 20MG of nicotine essentially.

There are a lot of other variables as to why you would vape more besides need for nicotine...Convenience, indoor vaping, taste, etc.

I did figure all this out once upon a time when I first started vaping. I figure I go through about 1 - 1.5 ml/day. I smoked 30 cigs a day=30mg(ish). based on 1mg nicotine/cigarette - a figure that I came across years ago.

I use 18mg liquid--so even at 1.5 mls I am getting less nicotine. much of the time i am using 12-16 mg/ml.

Nicotine is probably one of the least harmful chemicals in cigarettes - I figure not having the other deadly chemicals I used to smoke, more than balances the nicotine.

baby.gif

I have no discipline. LOL!

I do think I vape more often, but not sure I vape more. I take two or three hits pretty regularly all day long. However, I recall discussion about this many months ago and had figured up I was vaping about the equivalent nic as I was smoking. What I have noticed though is that I can go longer without it if I must and don't get as grouchy and moody as I did when smoking. I was in a meeting for two hours today and it never crossed my mind. In the past, that would have been awful and I would have knocked people over trying to get out the door to smoke after the meeting. Not the case any more.

Wherever I would have chain smoked, I do indeed chain vape. The solution I found that works for me, is to have at least 2 ecigs ready ... one with zero-16mg while at the computer (preferrably zero mg and fantastical flavors like cheesecake or apple etc), and then at the door where I used to leave my cigs, I have an eGo filled with 16-24mg tobacco flavor. (Jeffs blend at wordup is fantastic!). Some days are low stress, so I use 16, even 12 mg... other days are 24mg. Tuning into your body/emotional/ needs will become second nature to you in time too. Hope this helps to quiet your anxiety about chaining.

Interesting. I'm seeing the trend being most people vape frequently (constantly) all day. I do as well so now I don't feel so bad. I am going to try nic reduction though. The less nic, the less I should feel the "need" to vape. I'd like to be like FTJoe and his wife and be "weekend vapers", but thats not happening any time soon. :wacko: The problem or good thing with vaping when compared to cigs is that they taste so darn good and it's fun. :evil:

I'm another one who has his e-cig in his hand or pocket all day. I know I vape more than I smoked and I was a 2+ pack a day smoker. Now I have my ego with me all the time. Working in nuke plants they have designated smoking areas now and I was one of the constant fixtures in them. Rain or shine whenever we had some time off between jumps I was out there. Now I just sit back in the office or breakroom and vape away. Most of my supv. have asked me what I'm doing and after a little explaining they're ok with it. I've even had some of them come up to me and ask me to show it to some of the higher ups. Guess I'm kind of a freak show to them, but who cares as long as it's ok with them.

I think part of the fact that we all vape more is the novelty of it. The fact that we're not tied down to when or where we can smoke anymore. Like many have said it's just damn fun. I haven't started trying to cut back on my nic level yet, maybe later on. For right now I'm just going to enjoy.

And so should you! :thumbsup:

I'm another one who has his e-cig in his hand or pocket all day. I know I vape more than I smoked and I was a 2+ pack a day smoker. Now I have my ego with me all the time. Working in nuke plants they have designated smoking areas now and I was one of the constant fixtures in them. Rain or shine whenever we had some time off between jumps I was out there. Now I just sit back in the office or breakroom and vape away. Most of my supv. have asked me what I'm doing and after a little explaining they're ok with it. I've even had some of them come up to me and ask me to show it to some of the higher ups. Guess I'm kind of a freak show to them, but who cares as long as it's ok with them.

I think part of the fact that we all vape more is the novelty of it. The fact that we're not tied down to when or where we can smoke anymore. Like many have said it's just damn fun. I haven't started trying to cut back on my nic level yet, maybe later on. For right now I'm just going to enjoy.

And so should you! :thumbsup:

I do enjoy it and you're right, it is fun. :animier: I'm just happy to have come this far and to have not smoked a cigarette in a few months. My family didn't even think I could do it. The other day my husband said to me "Aren't you sick of that thing yet"? He meant the ecig. I firmly said "No, no I'm not" lol

He gave up cigarettes cold turkey New Years Day of this year but still smokes those cigarette sized cigars. I could, in no shape or form, quit cold turkey. I'd lose my mind and probably kill everyone in my path. But then again, he didn't smoke as much as I did. I was 2 packs/day and he was a pack every 2 1/2 days.

So I shall try to nic reduce but I'm in no hurry to quit vaping.