My Crazy Dad's Mod

jmhester

My old man is a tinkerer by nature. When I bought him his first pv, I knew he wouldn't stop there. My mom calls this thing "The Bomb Detonator". He took 3 - 900 mah nicad batteries and soldered them to an 801 atty and a switch from Radio Shack. He quick charges them on a charger he built for his RC planes. He says it's runing 3.2v and works great.

Using nicads, you don't have to worry about explosions, contrary to the nickname!

I swear in the picture it looks like he's tailpiping the thing! I love my pop!

post-998-047958500 1282076510_thumb.jpg

post-998-050051700 1282076539_thumb.jpg

post-998-047958500 1282076510_thumb.jpg

post-998-050051700 1282076539_thumb.jpg

My old man is a tinkerer by nature. When I bought him his first pv, I knew he wouldn't stop there. My mom calls this thing "The Bomb Detonator". He took 3 - 900 mah nicad batteries and soldered them to an 801 atty and a switch from Radio Shack. He quick charges them on a charger he built for his RC planes. He says it's runing 3.2v and works great.

Using nicads, you don't have to worry about explosions, contrary to the nickname!

I swear in the picture it looks like he's tailpiping the thing! I love my pop!

Would you happen to be Rob Hesters brother?!?! That sure looks like Robs dad too!

Would you happen to be Rob Hesters brother?!?! That sure looks like Robs dad too!

I sure am Rob's brother. Where do you know Rob from?

WOW Small world! I live in Americus! I live about 8 miles from Hodges Hobbies. I met him out there way back when I first started flying! He does not fly much there anymore tho.

I even did a Maiden Flight for one of your dads planes a few years back!

Edited by ThaHodgehound

WOW Small world! I live in Americus! I live about 8 miles from Hodges Hobbies. I met him out there way back when I first started flying! He does not fly much there anymore tho.

Small world of vapors, that's for sure! Yeah, I hooked up my dad with a 510 around October of last year. He bought Rob a 510 for Christmas but I don't know if he took up vaping. If you know my dad, you know he's quit a character! Good to meet you, man!

Yeah your dads a hoot! Same here! Do you ever visit Hodges Hobbies at fly ins or such?

No, that's kind of dad and Rob's thing. Though I did get dad into RC cars for awhile!

My other brother and I are rock musicians. That's kind of always been our hobby.

How long do the NiCads last?Tell him RadioShack has the box mod boxes for a couple of bucks and switches ,all he needs is an old battery connector and he can mod away.I just built a AA 1 14500 box mod for less than $5.00 as I keep the connectors from dead batteries.The batteries were another $10.00 and I had a charger.Batteries and chargers can be gotten at MadVapes or Battery Junction.

Edited by mcquinn

Good to see you back. Often wonder what happens to some of the members here.

Dad looks like he's really into that mod....lol

Hope you stick around and do some reviews.

Neat mod! seems nice and simple, and it looks like a little mouse would come out of a hole with that strapped to his chest, screaming "ALLAH AKBAH!" or whatever they scream. Yep, that could be a cartoon.... ha

Nice vapor too btw :)