First Diy Not So Good - Need Advice!

Alright, I got my DIY kit today from DIY Flavorshack. This kit has all kinds of stuff in it. I wanted to make my first juice. Nothing extravagant, just something easy to see how it would work out. So far, not so good. Alright, here is what I did. What I made is just 2ml to start out experimenting. Below is what I used and how much for 2 ml 30 mg nic according to the eJuice Recipe Calculator.

I have 60mg VG nic. = 1.0ml / 20 drops

PG = 0.8ml / 16 drops

Expert Peach flavoring. Flavorshack recommends 5-10% because this stuff is potent.

I went with the 10% = 0.2ml / 4 drops.

The flavor was pretty good. I would probably go 1 or 2 more drops. The problem I am running into is that there is basically very little vapor. Its not the atty. I used this stuff on 2 different attys that are operating great. I have juice that is all PG and I still get good vapor. I figured since the nic is VG based, that would even out the PG cutter. But, I am literally getting hardly any vapor whatsoever. I have to puff it like a cigar to get some. If I just inhale, I am getting hardly any. Does anyone have some advice? Thank you.

Edited by BreakingBad

Sounds like you've done everything right, can't tell what could be doing it. Add another drop or two of pg and your flavor and see what happens. I'm lost with this one :unsure:

Sounds like you've done everything right, can't tell what could be doing it. Add another drop or two of pg and your flavor and see what happens. I'm lost with this one :unsure:

I added a drop of PG and a drop of flavor. Flavor is spot on, but I am getting bupkiss for vapor. I am getting discouraged here.

I added a drop of PG and a drop of flavor. Flavor is spot on, but I am getting bupkiss for vapor. I am getting discouraged here.

Are you using a cart or dripping? And how many drops?

I haven't run across this problem. The mix sounds right, so somehow it has to be a problem with the VG or the PG.

Do you have any fruit flavored premixed flavors??

Try adding the flavoring to a bit of a premixed liquid--It shouldn't be the flavoring--not using enough to affect the vapor production....

Did you get the VG and PG from Dawn??

I haven't run across this problem. The mix sounds right, so somehow it has to be a problem with the VG or the PG.

Do you have any fruit flavored premixed flavors??

Try adding the flavoring to a bit of a premixed liquid--It shouldn't be the flavoring--not using enough to affect the vapor production....

Did you get the VG and PG from Dawn??

Yes, I got everything from Dawn. I am dripping. The Tornado battery came right off of the charger. I put in a different atty that had some premixed pg from Juicy Vapor and it was vaping just fine. I quit playing with it last night in lew of studying for my college exams next week. Being 33 yrs old going back to school while taking care of my 2 year old daughter while my wife works crazy hours doesn't afford me a lot of time right now. After next weeks exams, I will have plenty of time. I am going to be like Walter from the show Breaking Bad getting down with the chemistry!

only thing i can think of is that it's not all mixed.

by that i mean the pg/liquid/flavor isn't uniform in the dropper bottle.

take the lid and dropper off, pop it into the microwave. just so it feels warm in your hand and looks more like water when shook.

shake the thing, roll it, fipp it around and shake it like crazy..

then hold it up to a light source and make sure it looks totally mixed. if it isn't you will see veins in the liquid.

if you fill the bottle to much, like me, then you sort of need to.

also if it is warmed up you shake it a lot less.

I only made 2 ml and I made that in a 5 ml bottle and shook the heck out of it. So it got mixed. I will just have to give it another shot and mess around with it some more when I get some free time.

add more vg than pg for more vapor.

also just in the off chance, try cleaning your thread of the atty and battery terminal.

sometimes that can reduce the ability to drive the power needed to the coil.

i wouldn't see why it wouldn't be producing much vapor with the mix

have you done the following as well?

tried different battery, same atty.

tried different battery, different atty.

I vape DIY almost exclusively due to a PG sensitivity. So I use VG and the only PG is what is in the flavorings. I suggest you check the consistancy of your DIY to that of a juice you know vapes well. You can put a drop or 2 of each on a mirror and watch how it runs/spreads. I tend to mix a large quantity of my VG, VG w/nic and use abt 15 to 20% distilled water that way when I mix I only have to add flavorings. You can also thin the VG with everclear or another high % alcohol. Because you used only 50% VG add 8 to 10% distilled water. Please let us know if that works for you.

Edited by mianker

May be a dumb question but... are you flooding the attys? I do this a lot is why I ask, if youre unsure try draining it out and adding just 1-2 drops, see how it goes. Flooded attys dont usually work well for me lol

Nah, I didn't flood the atty. I have to say however that I think my days a mixin' might be numbered. I took a break from studying for exams and mixed up another batch. Vapor is great on this one. I used the 50/50 PG/VG as a cutter. However, I have a hard time tasting a lot. I think my taste buds are shot! I have been smoke free for about a month now, so I would think it would be better. But alas it isn't. It's always been this way though. My wife will eat mac n' cheese and say its real good, I will eat some and say there is hardly any cheese, it tastes like plain noodles. She thinks I am crazy. I was using the expert apple flavoring. Suppose to add between 5-10%. I bet by the time I gave up, I was very well at thirty percent and it just isn't strong enough for me. I also added some of the manitol which is a sweetener. I have seen videos saying that adding more than 2 drops is a mistake. I probably got up to 12 drops before I gave up on that. I am very saddened with this situation. Really, the only juice I have had that is strong enough in flavor for me is the DIY FLavorshack Red Hots juice. I could only imagine a normal person using that, they probably think it is way too strong! I don't know. I might have to give up on my kit and just let the dust collect. :crybaby:

You aren't alone on this breakingbad--Its why I do DIY. I have found certain flavors are just not strong enough for me--no matter how much flavor i use. I can actually taste food just fine, but the liquids always needs lots of flavoring for me.

I tried many flavors before I found a few that I can taste better than the others.

at least you know the cinnamon works for you. my flavorings end up at about 20-30% most of the time.