Muscle Pain?

Char

I've 'heard' or 'read' somewhere around here about muscle pain and pg. Now that I want to read about it; I can't find anything. I have constant muscle pain...and it 'seems' to coincide with vaping...phoo. Should I switch to something else? and what would that be exactly? I can't stop vaping...I love it and haven't had an analog since I rec'd my e-cig in the mail :) that very day I quit smoking and haven't had one since...so, have to get to the bottom of this muscle pain. Any help would be appreciated.

This was posted on the forum by Luke a few months back:

"Studies have proven that propylene glycol has a very low degree of toxicity. In the body, propylene glycol is rapidly converted into lactic acid, in a similar manner to what happens with with sugar (energy) in the muscles during sports"

If you are having issues with PG, you can switch to VG juice. :)

a build up of lactic acid can cause muscle pain.....

lots and lots of fluid--helps flush lactic acid.

Would look at VG as an alternative and see if it make a difference.

I'm sure theres a solution !!

I totally agree with those three!! ^^^ thumbsup.gif

Oddly enough, when I was smoking, I'd get leg cramps in bed very often! Since I started vaping I've had NONE!!!! Dunno if it is because I quit smoking orrrrrr, that when I first joined up here I read about drinking plenty while vaping and I'm not dehydrated anymore! <takes a drink>

Hope you figure it out! But I'd start with what has been said here.

Hmmm...I've been getting lots of cramps in my legs and muscle pain also. Never thought of it with vaping. Very interesting. Thanks for posting this again. Gonna have to check this out some more. tks all :thumbsup:

thanks everyone for your input...I'm going to try the all vg liquid; any good brands that anyone knows of, please let me know ok!! also going to try the more water/liquids too..altho, I do drink a lot of liquids anyway....

could it be that the pg turns to lactic acid in my body and I'm more sensitive to it...I dunno. ...I sure wish there were some kind of a simple 'test' to know for sure...maybe just getting off the pg for a few days will tell me.

are there any problems that you know of related to the vg e-liquids??

what a pain...literally !!!

Hmmm...I've been getting lots of cramps in my legs and muscle pain also. Never thought of it with vaping. Very interesting. Thanks for posting this again. Gonna have to check this out some more. tks all :thumbsup:

so if you find out anything, anything at all!! will you pls. let me know...it's a painful mystery that's for sure :(

a build up of lactic acid can cause muscle pain.....

lots and lots of fluid--helps flush lactic acid.

Would look at VG as an alternative and see if it make a difference.

I'm sure theres a solution !!

I sure hope there is a solution...I'm pretty sick of it and, just today, finally figured out that all this pain started around the time I started vaping....I've been to doctors and more doctors trying to figure out why I'm having so much body pain...pretty much everywhere....sick of it. If you come across anything helpful; please, please let me know :)

Have you heard of this before from others? and if so, did switching to vg help? I'd sure like to know if others have gone thru this...

The subject has come up before and it seems that it resolved over time. whether is was related to quitting smoking (lots and lots of chemical changes) or vaping (new chemical) was never fully determined. when we quit smoking we also change alot of our daily habits or eating.

The chemical is tobacco/cigarettes cause body wide vessel constriction, including the muscles. The increased blood flow could be causing some of the problem, could have been covering underlying issues........

How long have you been vaping??

It is a common misconception that Lactic acid causes muscle pain, more accurately Lactic acid usually accompanies muscle pain. Like it was mentioned before the muscle soreness can probably be attributed to dehydration.

The lactic acid produced by the PG can actually end up benefiting you if you exercise. You may need to begin incorporating high intensity training into your workouts to build up your MCT1 and MCT4 levels (the transporters of lactate in and out of muscles). If you don't work out or don't have time for a real regimen you could just do a couple wind sprints whenever convenient and you would gain the benefits of extra energy.

Lactic acid is actually potential energy for our muscles, and it's the most versatile source of energy we have (on a molecular level) as it can be converted into energy by 2 means as opposed to one like glucose, etc.

Just a little info for any of you fitness buffs out there...

I've 'heard' or 'read' somewhere around here about muscle pain and pg. Now that I want to read about it; I can't find anything. I have constant muscle pain...and it 'seems' to coincide with vaping...phoo. Should I switch to something else? and what would that be exactly? I can't stop vaping...I love it and haven't had an analog since I rec'd my e-cig in the mail :) that very day I quit smoking and haven't had one since...so, have to get to the bottom of this muscle pain. Any help would be appreciated.

its possible that the nicotine is causing it...although vaping dosent have all the bad stuff that tobacco does, it does have the nicotine that does constrict your blood vessles and could possibly cause cramping.

The subject has come up before and it seems that it resolved over time. whether is was related to quitting smoking (lots and lots of chemical changes) or vaping (new chemical) was never fully determined. when we quit smoking we also change alot of our daily habits or eating.

The chemical is tobacco/cigarettes cause body wide vessel constriction, including the muscles. The increased blood flow could be causing some of the problem, could have been covering underlying issues........

How long have you been vaping??

I have been vaping for about 8 months. I also have been to the dr. and had a complete check-up...the only question the dr. asked me about e-cigs was that she 'heard' that the liquid has formaldehyde in it...but didn't say that that would cause the muscle/body pain. It's not 'cramping' like a muscle cramp...it's just widespread body pain....

I've just tried a whole day on vg liquid...and the pain seems a bit better....but I'm not totally sure; and also have been drinking more H2o...

I have to say tho..that vg is not near as flavorful tasting as pg...phoo.

If you really like the pg, you can try a mix of pg/vg as well. I vape 70%vg/30%pg of the solvents. You can pick your mixes on vaporbomb.com, and so far i love thier juices. Its also easy if you DIY to get both of the ingredients.

I did have a sore throat the first time I vaped pg for like a week, but went back to vg and did fine, made the switch to both about 4 months or so ago. Hope that helps

EDIT: there are no preservatives in most juices, you may just need to research the ones you are buying.

Edited by Roober

If you really like the pg, you can try a mix of pg/vg as well. I vape 70%vg/30%pg of the solvents. You can pick your mixes on vaporbomb, and so far i love thier juices. Its also easy if you DIY to get both of the ingredients.

I did have a sore throat the first time I vaped pg for like a week, but went back to vg and did fine, made the switch to both about 4 months or so ago. Hope that helps

great idea...I wasn't sure about mixing them...are you buying a vg flavored liquid and pg flavored liquid, and then mixing them together...or making your own with vg, pg, flavoring and the pure nicotine? I have the ingredients to make my own, but didn't ever know what ratio to mix pg & vg....and I've never quite figured out if I'm supposed to 'thin down' the vg...like with vodka or something? I'm going to mix up a batch of a mix tomorrow using your 70/30 ratio, and see how that goes for a few days...hopefully this will solve the muscle aches since so many people here seem to think they are somehow related to pg and lactic acid...

I both mix and buy, on vaporbomb u pick how much u want of what

As far as mixing goes, just do it to taste really. I usually do the flavorings first, and get like 7% of the bottle filled with em, throw in some nic, about 10-20% pg and then fill the rest vg. Really though if youre mixing your own for your own consuming, theres no set ratio. It's whatever you want :D

EDIT: And if you think the liquid is too thick vodka will work, but I wouldnt recommend too much. I use maybe at the most 5 drops/ml when I have it. It also does really add a boozey taste sometimes if the flavors arent strong. :) Also, pg is pretty thin as well. VG is the clogger... but even if you just go all out vg, just clean your atty when it starts to taste funky and youll be a ok :)

Edited by Roober

The PG should thin the VG enough. don't have to thin VG usually, it is thicker but works fine. another place to look at VG/PG mixes is freedomsmoke usa. You can pick your pg/vg ratio.

If the VG works better for you, it really isn't hard to add more flavoring to make the vg stronger.

you can use the pg you have and mix it with the vg. you may have to give the vg a week or so to be able to tell a difference.

if you need mixing help, let us know. we will try to answer if we can.

• 5 months later...

I am always in pain as I have Fibromyalgia. Since I started vaping, my pain is 90%gone...no more pain =)

Wow Tagsanstuff, that's great! :animier: I haven't seen any difference in my Fibro yet but here's to hoping!

I feel a heck of a lot better since I started vaping. now tomorrow is my Stress test and they are putting me on a treadmill. I don't know what I am going to be like with pain after that workout. good luck with your Fibro.

• 1 month later...

I have FMS= Fibromyalgia and incurable(muscle/joint Pain condition. When I smoked analogs, I hurt a lot. Now that I am vaping, I have hardly any pain except for my knees. Vaping seems to have helped my Fibro and I also vape PG/VG 80/20. P.S. It took me 5 days to stop smoking analogs while vaping. been smoke free for a little over 2 months now, and I feel great! Sorry for your pain. Hope you feel better. If it does not get better, see your Doctor. I went 5 yrs trying to figure out what was happening to me before my husband said to me, I wonder if it is Fibromyalgia? I went to the Rheumatoid arthritis Doctor and she diagnosed me with the FMS syndrome. Good luck to you

I also was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 10 years ago. At that time I worked for attorneys and smoked. Smoked more if I was stressed. Well anyway that's a story in it's self. But I retired about 6 years ago and when I got a new doctor I didn't even list the fibromyalgia because it had not bothered me since retirement. I have now started having muscle aches and feel like I have the flu and sometimes so weak I don't even want to go to the kitchen, just sit in my chair with my laptop. Of course just symptoms of a flair up. I don't know when this started but it's been recently. I know that it has something to do with quitting smoking and starting to vape. It might be that my body is just getting rid of the poison it had in it for over 40 years, but I am going to the doctor on Tuesday to see if she can pinpoint something for me. If she says to quit vaping, I'll just find me another doctor. lol... Good luck finding out what is going on with your body.