Who Makes The Best Lr 510 Atty?

Do they deliver the juice more efficiently than carts?

They've been working great for me - even at 5 and 6v. I never could get a cart to work good. I still direct drip with a regular atty most of the time, but the cartos are a great substitute when you can't drip. I had a 9 hour drive for vacation a few weeks ago and the cartos we great.

Schizophretard: When nhaler first received their LR attys it was probably a brand new concept at the time and some of the coils most likely weren't connected correctly so the taste would appear metallic/nasty. I've experienced this a few times myself; When I first ordered LR901 attys to test them, the first one I tried gave me the same taste and I didn't even try the second one because I thought they were terrible.

A week or so later I was frustrated with the LR510 so I gave the second LR901 atty a try and it was amazing. Here we are today, I'm still loving them.

Do they deliver the juice more efficiently than carts?

And see... I'm a "carto convert" to the point that I don't even drip when I'm home chillin'. For me, with cartos, I can fill a couple up with different juices and be good to go. I like them because I don't ever have to worry about getting that NASTY/METALLIC taste from being out of juice! With a carto, I can vape away for a while, then once I start to notice it getting weaker I just top em off again. They don't just go dry on you like a regular atty can. I just got sick of dripping every 4 or 5 drags from a regular atty! I don't know... everyone is different... but I really like the flavor/vapor/throat hit that cartos give me. The only negative I would say is that you really need a device with variable voltage or a HV mod. They perform so much better for me at 4.5 volts and higher vs. a 3.7 volt device! I know I wouldn't be happy if all I had was a 3.7 volt battery to use cartos on... it just isn't there with the lower volts. I prefer 4 - 4.5 volts... otherwise the 5 and 6 volt mods tend to burn up the juice and then you have to let more soak in to the element before you can vape again. Not so much at 4ish volts for me. Give em a shot if you have anything higher than 3.7 volts laying around.

Schizophretard: When nhaler first received their LR attys it was probably a brand new concept at the time and some of the coils most likely weren't connected correctly so the taste would appear metallic/nasty. I've experienced this a few times myself; When I first ordered LR901 attys to test them, the first one I tried gave me the same taste and I didn't even try the second one because I thought they were terrible.

A week or so later I was frustrated with the LR510 so I gave the second LR901 atty a try and it was amazing. Here we are today, I'm still loving them.

I assumed since it was a brand new concept then that by now the problem would be fixed. It sounds like I was right. That is good news. I don't remember if I asked this but what ohms are your LR 901s? Can I get a link? Thanks.

And see... I'm a "carto convert" to the point that I don't even drip when I'm home chillin'. For me, with cartos, I can fill a couple up with different juices and be good to go. I like them because I don't ever have to worry about getting that NASTY/METALLIC taste from being out of juice! With a carto, I can vape away for a while, then once I start to notice it getting weaker I just top em off again. They don't just go dry on you like a regular atty can. I just got sick of dripping every 4 or 5 drags from a regular atty! I don't know... everyone is different... but I really like the flavor/vapor/throat hit that cartos give me. The only negative I would say is that you really need a device with variable voltage or a HV mod. They perform so much better for me at 4.5 volts and higher vs. a 3.7 volt device! I know I wouldn't be happy if all I had was a 3.7 volt battery to use cartos on... it just isn't there with the lower volts. I prefer 4 - 4.5 volts... otherwise the 5 and 6 volt mods tend to burn up the juice and then you have to let more soak in to the element before you can vape again. Not so much at 4ish volts for me. Give em a shot if you have anything higher than 3.7 volts laying around.

I'll probably give them a shot some time but I'm a little skeptical. After the hell of carts it is hard to believe any kind of cart would work. Are there any videos or pictures that dissect cartos? I'm curious about how they are put together.

I'll probably give them a shot some time but I'm a little skeptical. After the hell of carts it is hard to believe any kind of cart would work. Are there any videos or pictures that dissect cartos? I'm curious about how they are put together.

See post #3 linked below for pics. It may surprise you, but Dave has gone to cartos pretty much exclusively. You may want to PM him and get his opinion. He's really busy so don't know if he'll be reading this thread, but if you PM I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from you. Heck, PM me your address and I'll mail you a couple. :)

Carto Guts

Schiz - I have a collection of low, medium and regular resistance cartos if you want to give them a try. Also some blank medium resistance 901 cartos (Vapor4Life premium) cartos. PM me if interested, only warning is do not juice all the way up only to find you don't like cause they take a lot. Are you ego and a 5V? The cartos supposedly are really good on a 5V, shouldn't use the lower resistance on the 5V, harsh and you'll pop em. Let me know, I have no use for them and am hitting the PO tomorrow.

See post #3 linked below for pics. It may surprise you, but Dave has gone to cartos pretty much exclusively. You may want to PM him and get his opinion. He's really busy so don't know if he'll be reading this thread, but if you PM I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from you. Heck, PM me your address and I'll mail you a couple. :)

Carto Guts

Dave is as much of a nicotine junkie as I am. If they work for him then there must be something special about them.:D

They don't look anything like I imagined. I expected the atty part to look like a car cigarette lighter and I thought that instead of filler there would be cardboard.

Thanks man!

Schiz - I have a collection of low, medium and regular resistance cartos if you want to give them a try. Also some blank medium resistance 901 cartos (Vapor4Life premium) cartos. PM me if interested, only warning is do not juice all the way up only to find you don't like cause they take a lot. Are you ego and a 5V? The cartos supposedly are really good on a 5V, shouldn't use the lower resistance on the 5V, harsh and you'll pop em. Let me know, I have no use for them and am hitting the PO tomorrow.

The awesomeness of everyone on here still surprises me. Thanks! I got 5 volts covered. I have the Joker and VPPT. Medium resistance?

The awesomeness of everyone on here still surprises me. Thanks! I got 5 volts covered. I have the Joker and VPPT. Medium resistance?

The ones I have are about 2.9ohm. One thing to be careful of is not to burn them. Keep them wet. That's why I top off regularly (usually have to add about 10 drops). Maybe just me, but once you start to get the burned filler taste, it's there to stay.

The ones I have are about 2.9ohm. One thing to be careful of is not to burn them. Keep them wet. That's why I top off regularly (usually have to add about 10 drops). Maybe just me, but once you start to get the burned filler taste, it's there to stay.

Is a syringe a must?

Not a must, there are a bunch of ways to fill, I'll find posts here and there, I know there is one in the how to section of the store, I use my patented lazy method (I'll find my post a little later on).

There are three types of cartos so far, far low resistance (1.6 ohms or so, regular (2.9 to as high as 3.3 I think), and medium 2.4 to 2.6. The low is terrible for me on 3.7, really harsh but maybe that's me. Medium seems pretty nice and the regular is just too cool especially as I'm 0 nic and get no TH from the juice. I would think only regulars should go on a 5V. When I find the dripping posts I'll put a pointer here.

My method

Store

Edited by FTJoe

Not a must, there are a bunch of ways to fill, I'll find posts here and there, I know there is one in the how to section of the store, I use my patented lazy method (I'll find my post a little later on).

There are three types of cartos so far, far low resistance (1.6 ohms or so, regular (2.9 to as high as 3.3 I think), and medium 2.4 to 2.6. The low is terrible for me on 3.7, really harsh but maybe that's me. Medium seems pretty nice and the regular is just too cool especially as I'm 0 nic and get no TH from the juice. I would think only regulars should go on a 5V. When I find the dripping posts I'll put a pointer here.

My method

Store

Thanks for the links. Even though you are suppose to fill with the cap off, would I be right to assume that a drip tip can go in place of the cap? One down side to me is their life expectancy. What is it about their design that makes them so disposable? Is there ways to make them last longer? If a company would design ones that aren't disposable then they would be extremely appealing. Is the atty a straight object that is surrounded by the filling?

I believe the atty runs up through the middle. I think the golden rule is to never let it go dry, then the filler burns and its done. Many get a good amount of time out of them. Drip tip for sure.

So, do they die from a dry burn and if you keep them moist they could have the potential to last close to as long as a regular atty?

Someone else should probably answer this, but I've heard they only last for about 3 fills. I have some and I've used a couple of them. That's about all they last for me and I did keep them very moist. They just don't last long enough for me. Plus, I'm not overly fond of them. I only use them now if I'm going to be driving long distances and can't drip. That doesn't happen often though. We do a lot of traveling, but my husband usually goes and does the driving. Which means I can drip to my hearts content. And I do.

Is a syringe a must?

Not a must... but alot easier. Otherwise, you drip in a few drops, let is soak in... then drip some more. With a syringe... you just stab it through the filler and you can basically put the juice right where you want it. This helps to get it all evenly distibuted in the carto. It's the ONLY way to fill in my opinion! And I've tried all ways of doing it. I use cartos exclusively now... and I don't even like my LR atty's anymore! I like the fact that they provide great vapor and flavor without having to count drops and make a mess of it. I have a feeling you would like them on your Joke®... you should really try em.

Someone else should probably answer this, but I've heard they only last for about 3 fills. I have some and I've used a couple of them. That's about all they last for me and I did keep them very moist. They just don't last long enough for me. Plus, I'm not overly fond of them. I only use them now if I'm going to be driving long distances and can't drip. That doesn't happen often though. We do a lot of traveling, but my husband usually goes and does the driving. Which means I can drip to my hearts content. And I do.

Only three times sounds like they only last about a day.

Not a must... but alot easier. Otherwise, you drip in a few drops, let is soak in... then drip some more. With a syringe... you just stab it through the filler and you can basically put the juice right where you want it. This helps to get it all evenly distibuted in the carto. It's the ONLY way to fill in my opinion! And I've tried all ways of doing it. I use cartos exclusively now... and I don't even like my LR atty's anymore! I like the fact that they provide great vapor and flavor without having to count drops and make a mess of it. I have a feeling you would like them on your Joke®... you should really try em.

Have you tried the carto cap filler method? I discovered it here and it looks easy.

Thanks for the links. Even though you are suppose to fill with the cap off, would I be right to assume that a drip tip can go in place of the cap? One down side to me is their life expectancy. What is it about their design that makes them so disposable? Is there ways to make them last longer? If a company would design ones that aren't disposable then they would be extremely appealing. Is the atty a straight object that is surrounded by the filling?

I haven't had one die yet, they just start to get a funky taste, but I don't use them constantly so they usually sit around getting stale. I have heard of soaking them in everclear or vodka and they continue to work fine... even just using hot water. However, I still think that if you let it get a little dry and burn the filler, you can never get good taste back. Attomizers are considered disposable also. I figure a pack of 5 cartos is less than $10 so you're probably looking at $2 a week if you can make one last a week. I do use mine with a drip tip because they can get quite warm at HV.

From what I could tell from the one I took apart, the coil is wrapped in a material that I would say is very absorbant and has a high heat tolerance (won't burn up easily). This material keeps the coil from burning the filler.

Have you tried the carto cap filler method? I discovered it here and it looks easy.

The first 510 cartos to come out had hard tops and they were glued in. With those, I did use this method and it works quite well. With the soft caps, I just find it easier/quicker to drip into it from the top.