Ohm Testing

On my meter, I set the OHM to 200. Touch the red lead to the atty to battery connector (bottom of the atty) and touch the black lead to the atty threads. A standard Joye 510 will read about 2.2 ohm.

Some meters have some resistance. Touch your red and black leads to each other and you'll see if your meter had any resistance. Whatever that measures, subtract it from what you got off the atty. For example, many people measure the Joye 510 at 2.4ohm, but the resistance of the meter is 0.2 ohm. My meter doesn't have any resistance.

On my meter, I set the OHM to 200. Touch the red lead to the atty to battery connector (bottom of the atty) and touch the black lead to the atty threads. A standard Joye 510 will read about 2.2 ohm.

Some meters have some resistance. Touch your red and black leads to each other and you'll see if your meter had any resistance. Whatever that measures, subtract it from what you got off the atty. For example, many people measure the Joye 510 at 2.4ohm, but the resistance of the meter is 0.2 ohm. My meter doesn't have any resistance.

my multi does not either. Too bad they dont make wives the same way they make multimeters....

(sorry, long day...)

I have tried to look on the forum for this answer but haven't seen it. How do you test the ohm on an atty? I am new at this stuff. Thanks

Hi,

With the different models, manufacturers of models, "knock-offs", etc., best to get a meter to test yourself.

Current = Volts / Omhs of resistance.

I'd though about a Joye 510, but thus far think I'm better off with the KR808-D1s I have...

I might try one to see the difference. My KR808-D1 is rated at 3.3v, 2.8 to 3 Omhs.

I'm going up upgrade to the newer 3.7v batteries, same Omh rating. I might even start looking at mods, or even look into making my own!

Does anyone know the Ohms & Voltage of the Joye 510? Joye passthroughs that use a 510 cartridge?

Some on the 5-6v mods?

Hmmm... interesting topic! I wonder what the optimal watts (current) are for different cartridges/cartomizers for the best performance?

Now I'm really curious!

I know some of the cartomizers I use perform FAR better and taste far better with a fully charged battery.

A couple of flavors don't taste good at all without a fully charged battery (bananas foster for instance taste horrible, or has no flavor at all on a not fully charged battery, but tastes incredibly wonderful on a fully charged battery.) I've been know to swap batteries 3 times on one cartridge of this flavor because of the far better taste and vape.

I imagine too that the PEG/PG/VG ratios play a huge part in what is optimal, perhaps the reason some flavors need a full charge and others don't. Hmmm...

It would be awesome if a manufacturers told us these things on the product, or at least on the box! I've seen some reviews drop in rating on the 808 cartomizers, and have to wonder if the companies are switching to the newer 3.7v carts and most people are still using &/or are buying the 3.3v batteries?

As far as the Joye's, I'm really curious now about the watts output? (as well as refill capacity, but that's for another post!

-Altmed

How would you test a low res carto? Most of the inside (beyond the plug) is just white threading (not metal). I'm afraid if I put the lead down into the middle, I'll damage the carto. Is that where it has to go?

How would you test a low res carto? Most of the inside (beyond the plug) is just white threading (not metal). I'm afraid if I put the lead down into the middle, I'll damage the carto. Is that where it has to go?

You test them when they're not connected to the battery. Touch the red lead to the bottem of the carto where the carto would touch the battery connector. Touch the black lead to the threads on the carto.

You test them when they're not connected to the battery. Touch the red lead to the bottem of the carto where the carto would touch the battery connector. Touch the black lead to the threads on the carto.

Threads meaning inside the hole in the center?

Threads meaning inside the hole in the center?

On the carto or atty, the black goes on the outside of the threads (the part that screws into the battery). The red one goes near the hole in the center (you can put it in the hole, but really just needs to touch the bottom of the atty).

On the carto or atty, the black goes on the outside of the threads (the part that screws into the battery). The red one goes near the hole in the center (you can put it in the hole, but really just needs to touch the bottom of the atty).

ahh ok. duh....lol

I thought it meant the inside threads and not the outside bottom. :) Thanks I got it now. Just takes me a while. :blush:

thank you for that. Thats where the red lead goes, but I'm confused about the black lead on a lr carto.

Welcome! I didn't have enough hands to hold it where it could be seen and push the button to take the pic. Had to have my son push the button for me. :)

ahh ok. duh....lol

I thought it meant the inside threads and not the outside bottom. :) Thanks I got it now. Just takes me a while. :blush:

I learned it here. :)

I knew how to test volts, but had never tested resistance (ohms) before.

Welcome! I didn't have enough hands to hold it where it could be seen and push the button to take the pic. Had to have my son push the button for me. :)

aww well tell him thank you and good job! Thanks again Brian

Oh sorry Joe, I probably stayed logged in earlier and wasn't here. Yeah, it does get quite a bit tighter with the cone on but I think my troubles are with PG. I am out of my VG liquid and have some on order. I just don't get satisfaction from PG, I seem to wanna vape away with it and don't get what I need out of it. I get dry throat and mouth, clear my throat alot and I just plain dont like it. I know some others experience this same thing, as I have read it here.

But thank you for asking. At least I know what the true problem is. However, the cone will remain on from now on, I like it much better. :)

When testing an atty to see if it is blown with a meter, should there be no reading or a high one? I understand now where to place the positive and negative. I have experienced both readings when I have an atty in question.

When testing an atty to see if it is blown with a meter, should there be no reading or a high one? I understand now where to place the positive and negative. I have experienced both readings when I have an atty in question.

I've had some with no reading, which I consider dead. I've also had some with a high reading (I've seen some at 160+ ohm and some at 30+ohm). They are pretty much dead also, but I have been able to revive these attys using a dry burn at 5V.