The Joker - Av

Burn

That is one really impressive review! Now I'm curious. About a month ago I got an email about free upgrades. Is Jeso still doing that? Is there a time limit?

I don't think there's a limit... just shoot them an email and ask. If you got it from VT, you'll need to give Chris permission to transfer your order info.

got one as well.

I swear I was not dreaming about the price of the AV unit. I remember checking it twice when I did my review.

Anyone else recall seeing it at $99? It is now $109, again.

Maybe I dreamt the whole $99 thing or was looking at the FV. I thought I was being careful.

I tried using the way back machine (internet page archive http://www.archive.org/web/web.php ) but vaprlife hasn't been around long enough to be archived.

Always been $109 I think. Don't recall it ever showing as $99.

On july 18th I posted that it was $109 in another thread... post #6.

My link

It's okay - you're allowed to make ONE mistake. LOL!

It's the Joker-FV (Fixed Regulated 5-Volts) that is $99, and the Joker-AV is $109. These are the prices for the bare bones PV unit. For the complete kit with the batteries, charger, and holster, it is $119 for the Joker-FV, and $129 for the Joker-AV.

When the original Joker kit was $169 (that was the whole kit with the batteries, charger, screwdriver, and holster), everyone came unglued and said they must be crazy. When the Buzz came out advertised at $115 (that is the PV only), everyone said that was a much better deal. Now add to that 2-sets of batteries and a charger, and thats $147.84. The Buzz doesn't come with a holster, so I'll add in the pigtail cable to use with your multimeter, and that brings it to $152.79.

When you do the math, the Joker was never really overpriced. Now that it's $129 for the complete kit, it's not only a better deal, it's the clear choice.

The original Joker kit was not variable voltage. They dropped the price with the new version. I agree with what you're saying though... $109 for the base unit is a good price.

On a diet, told myself no beer til I lose 30#. Still wonder about the HV experience though. I would really like to know the exact difference before I lay down that kinda dough.

Much more vapor with the HV units. Your throat hit will mostly depend on your nic content, but the HV units put out a warmer vapor which seems to help with the throat hit. The money you spend on the Joker AV will be money well spent.

I have been using their Vypr 510 for about 5 months or so. It has been extremly dependable so I know the quality will be good. Im just poor. Savin up though> :)

Always been $109 I think. Don't recall it ever showing as $99.

On july 18th I posted that it was $109 in another thread... post #6.

My link

It's okay - you're allowed to make ONE mistake. LOL!

k, fair enough. Pi$$ed me off though because I was being careful. Wouldn't get so bent out of shape with myself if it was a careless error. I remember going back to the site to double check the price drop from $109 (what I paid) and $99 (what I think I saw)

This is why a columnist should never proofread their own work.

In any event, was a very good value at $109 as well.

On a diet, told myself no beer til I lose 30#. Still wonder about the HV experience though. I would really like to know the exact difference before I lay down that kinda dough.

For me, the big feature is not necessarily the HV option. I vape at 4.35 V, which is just slightly over the voltage of a fully charged 3.7 V battery (4.2V, off the charger). The big difference for me is consistent performance. Because the unit is regulated, I get a 4.35 V output the entire time from the device until the end of the battery charge cycle. What frustrated me about non regulated mods is that htey were all great with fully charged batteries but then after a short time, the voltage diminished. The voltage would start off at 4.2 and finally end around 3.5V, this to me was a big difference in output.

So, from my perspective the Joker AV will give you very consistent performance throughout the duration of a battery's charge cycle.

Edited by Burn

The digital voltmeter is available now - just ordered one.

Vaprlife - DVM

Well I see i'm late to the game again :coffee: (just saw this) so I just ordered one also!

Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, nice review!! Too nice maybe. It's affordable now?? Bye bye old list, hello new Joker list for next payday. A Purple Joker at last/!!!! omg!!! :::: faint :::: I might be able to really finally get one!!

Wow, nice review!! Too nice maybe. It's affordable now?? Bye bye old list, hello new Joker list for next payday. A Purple Joker at last/!!!! omg!!! :::: faint :::: I might be able to really finally get one!!

I think it is as affordable as ever, $90 for an entire kit, including batteries.

VT store has them on sale for 62, with discount.

Vaprlife will upgrade it for $28.00. If you have VT Store ship it directly to Vaprlife, you can have the entire kit for $90.

Not sure how many Chris has left but I guess it in <5, I ordered another one because it was too good to pass up.

The DVM also works terrific, I have one as well (be sure to tell them you have a 510 version) it is a good investment for <$20, if you do not have a multimeter to read the voltage.

Excellent unit.

Dangit Burn, your review was so GOOD that I just ordered another Joker! Maybe Chris should s-n-a-t-c-h you up to be his salesman! But you are right, this is to good to pass up at this price especially considering that I paid over $100 more for this just a couple months ago but the Joker is so good that it's all I use and I have quit a few other options but nothing compares to this and I just don't want to be without one, just in case. like Nana says, backups, backups, backups!

BTW, this wouldn't let me use the word s-n-a-t-c-h, that's the reason for the edit, mmmhhh....lol!

Edited by JRVapes

I just ordered my Joker AV form Vaprlife. Didin't get the volt meter, I can make do and build my own adaper for my multimeter. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Well this thead did it. I just popped for a purple AV joker. Can't wait to get it. :thumbup:

The only downside (if this is a downside) of owning a Joker is that it will make all your other stuff obsolete! :thumbsup:

Nah... backups are always a plus. You just never know when a button, or something of that nature, could just all of the sudden go bad on you. So, since you have all the other stuff, you'll still be able to vape! :thumbsup:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines