The Joker - Av

Burn

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how PV's will get any better than this. I have had this PV for about a week and it is nothing short of amazing. I am rocking this at 4.5-5V with 510 Cartos.

Just got mine in and i agree. I have not used any high voltage mods before. Had a 5v passthrough from china but this destroys it at 5v. Pretty much solved every gripe i've had with pv's since I started vaping! Regulated is a must.

alright fine... you guys convinced me.

Joker AV then... next payday, it will be mine... hopefully by then they have the DVM in stock.

I knew I should not have clicked on this thread... :rtfm::lol:

The DVM is in stock, they just didn't remove the "comming soon".

My recomendation would be to get the base unit (not the kit with batteries) and then buy some 3.7V RCR123As. The stock batteries are only 400 mAh, and being LiFePO4s, they can't sustain 5.2V under load so the LED goes blue with every hit when using a 2.2ohm Joye 510.

The DVM is in stock, they just didn't remove the "comming soon".

My recomendation would be to get the base unit (not the kit with batteries) and then buy some 3.7V RCR123As. The stock batteries are only 400 mAh, and being LiFePO4s, they can't sustain 5.2V under load so the LED goes blue with every hit when using a 2.2ohm Joye 510.

doh! the "coming soon" threw me off. lol.

cool.

thanks for the tip on the battery. well that's no good. they should be packaging these with the 3.7 800mah...

they should have atleast an option to get the stronger battery with the package... charge a few more dollars if need be. I don't think anyone would mind...

digging the holster that comes with the package. I guess I could ask them if they'll sell me one with the bare Joker AV model.

well, went over to battery juction and looked it up.

they have the Ultrafire CR16340(CR123A) 3.6v 880mah. these are the right ones?

on their site it says the batteries are 1mm longer each compared to the 3v versions.

will there be a fit problem?

also, would the Tenergy RCR123A 3v 900mah work? they got a 4 pack package with charger that looks good.

plus I like the idea of the batts being 900mah. (don't have plans to use the joker at higher then 5 volts.

Thanks.

Yes the gray Ultrafire CR16340(CR123A) 3.6v 880mah batteries will not only work but are also the ones I use in my Joker and would also recommend. I don't have the 900mah 3v Tenergy batteries but I do have the 750mah Tenergy batteries and they don't last nearly as long as the Ultrafires do so I can't really see the 900 mah batts doing much better if they are even 900 mah to begin with but thats another story.

...charge a few more dollars if need be. I don't think anyone would mind...

yeah I think they would (and already have) just check around all the forums and threads about people complaining about the price of the Joker. Considering it costs roughly 2-3 cartons of cigarettes that lasted me less than 3 weeks I actually think it's a pretty fair for what you get but maybe that's just me. Hope this helps and when you get your Joker you'll know what I mean. :thumbsup:

Well picked up a joker av and it is great. Wish they thought to put a little lip near the atty connector to help with any leaks. Not that it makes it less awesome. Only problem I have found is the endcap. Didn't know why at first but it wouldn't work every once and a while. Hitting it would get it to work again but that made me worried. Tuned out that the endcap is very loose. It doesn't really snug up so if it backs out even very slightly it won't get a good connection. Could just be mine. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah mine comes loose enough not to make the connection every once in awhile also but no biggie cause I'm forever just wiping it down with a damp paper towel for whatever reason (habit?) and always turn it tight anyways. But if it doesn't fire when button pushed def the first thing to check.

I understood that the threads are loose for safety. Should there be a battery issue the endcap blows out rather than the business end. The Vypr is made that way and they most likley just kept that part of the design. I love my Joker.

yeah I think they would (and already have) just check around all the forums and threads about people complaining about the price of the Joker. Considering it costs roughly 2-3 cartons of cigarettes that lasted me less than 3 weeks I actually think it's a pretty fair for what you get but maybe that's just me. Hope this helps and when you get your Joker you'll know what I mean. :thumbsup:

I had to read this a few times before I realized you were saying that 2-3 cartosn of cigs lasted you less than 3 weeks. I thougth you were saying you Joker only lasted 3 weeks! Phew! Had me worried. :)

I think the price complaints were for the original joker... it was $169 when first released ($150 for the first 10-15 customers), and it wasn't AV then.

Yes the gray Ultrafire CR16340(CR123A) 3.6v 880mah batteries will not only work but are also the ones I use in my Joker and would also recommend. I don't have the 900mah 3v Tenergy batteries but I do have the 750mah Tenergy batteries and they don't last nearly as long as the Ultrafires do so I can't really see the 900 mah batts doing much better if they are even 900 mah to begin with but thats another story.

awesome. Thanks!

so the extra 2mm in length from the battery doesn't effect the fit of the unit huh? cool. :thumbsup:

awesome. Thanks!

so the extra 2mm in length from the battery doesn't effect the fit of the unit huh? cool. :thumbsup:

Those are the ones Jesso (vaprlife) uses. Haven't ordered any yet, but those are the ones I plan to get.

dang it...

looks like Vaperlife has changed it's specs to the Joker...

no more battery indicator LED.

figures... my luck... soon as I plan and start getting things ready to place on order... :mad:

should I not be upset over this? should I not look at it as a big deal?

Seemed like a pretty big feature to me. I remember it being touted as one of the major features when Joker first came out...

wondering just how much the battery indicator LED cost that they had to remove it?... humm... :unsure:

Edited by Mainspring

Yeah I read about that yesterday. To be honest, I rarely paid attention to the batt indicator anyways. You can always tell when the batts were getting low by the decrease in vapor production. I wonder if it was a price issue or the batt indicator circuitry causing problems.

Yeah I read about that yesterday. To be honest, I rarely paid attention to the batt indicator anyways. You can always tell when the batts were getting low by the decrease in vapor production. I wonder if it was a price issue or the batt indicator circuitry causing problems.

I saw that also. Can't help but think it's partly due to the the light always going blue when you use a Joye 510 with LiFePO4s. My LED has done all kinds of strange things, but the unit has always continued to work just fine.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but I don't want to but the wrong batteries. Are these the right ones and is this a good price?

http://www.batteryju...2-uf-16340.html

Those are the ones. The batteries are $3.95 each if you buy them seperately. Looks like a good deal to me, with charger. I would add two additional batteries... you'll want at least 4.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines