Do You Still Buy A Pack Of Analogs Now And Then?

It's only been in the last couple of months that I haven't liked the smell of cigarettes. Before that, it was still okay and I could have easily smoked one. I didn't crave one or want one, but I still liked the smell. That has changed now. Of course I haven't had a cigarette in almost 10 months either, so maybe that makes a difference.

Saying I wouldn't relapse is one thing, not doing it is another. If I lost all my vaping supplies and couldn't get any more, well, who knows. I know I wouldn't want to go back to cigarettes and I would do anything I could to not go back, but put me in that situation and I can't be sure what would happen. I just hope I'm never put into the situation where I have to find out.

I actually thought I would never have another smoke again. The smell is kinda gross, it just tastes bad to me now, and I'm always giving the wifey a hard time about her smoking. Then my atty's pooped out. My nicotine cravings were intense, and I had to smoke until I got my new atty in the mail.

Good idea Nana, stocking up the attys. I'm thinking instead of blowing a bunch of money buying my B-day PV, I might have to just dump it into spare attyy's. :(

I think the only way to truly kick the smoking, would be to kick vaping as well. We're simulating smoking cigarettes in the closest possible way to the real thing. We're keeping the habits of hand-to-mouth and the throat hit sensation, as well as keeping the addiction to nicotine.

I also noticed that it's getting harder to satisfy my cravings with vaping. Regular atty's don't even cut it anymore on my eGo. I'd almost rather smoke a cigarette, and get a quick fix, than suck on a reg atty all day trying to get the cure. If I'm not using a LR atty on the eGo, it just doesn't seem to satisfy the addiction anymore. I would be sucking on that thing, constantly, all day long.

I think I'm going to start focusing on, at least, cutting out the nicotine, little by little, because if I don't change anything and this atty poops out too, it's back to smoking for me.

Sorry for the long reply, I was kinda having a revelation as I was typing, LoL!

Edited by Bigjim

It's only been in the last couple of months that I haven't liked the smell of cigarettes. Before that, it was still okay and I could have easily smoked one. I didn't crave one or want one, but I still liked the smell. That has changed now. Of course I haven't had a cigarette in almost 10 months either, so maybe that makes a difference.

Saying I wouldn't relapse is one thing, not doing it is another. If I lost all my vaping supplies and couldn't get any more, well, who knows. I know I wouldn't want to go back to cigarettes and I would do anything I could to not go back, but put me in that situation and I can't be sure what would happen. I just hope I'm never put into the situation where I have to find out.

Oh how lucky we all are!! And, thank the Lord for backups!!! :thumbsup:

The ideal thing to do might be to quit vaping, but I still don't want to. Even when I use 0 nic, I still want to vape. It keeps me calm and I just plain enjoy it. Then, if I feel the need for nic, I can use it. I was at 0 nic for about 3 months before going through some stress. Instead of going back to smoking, I just used some juice I had with nic in it. That worked.

There may come a time when I'll quit vaping, but that time isn't right now.

That sounds like a plan to me Nana! I love vaping and do not want to quit, at all! Lol! I just need to change my perspective a bit and work more on weening out the nicotine.

I didn't find it hard to cut back on the nic at all. Of course everyone is different, but if you cut down a bit at a time, it might make it very easy. It did for me. I went from 36 to 24, then to 18, then to 12, then to 6, then 3, then 0. I did it in a matter of weeks, but even if it took you months (or years) it wouldn't be a big deal.

I actually bought my first pack of analogs fourth of july weekend, there wasnt enough power outlets on the boat and both my 510 batterys where done within a few hours :thumbsdown: . Ive also bummed one here and there when im out at the bars but i dont feel bad about it! Considering i used to smoke a pack a day, ive been 10months with only a couple packs of analogs at most! :thumbsup:

My mother in law bought her first joye 510 kit last week. I had her try mine while I was visiting there. I think she is sold. She is 3 days sans analog but she emailed me yesterday concerned because she said she likes vaping and is using it more than she would be smoking analogs. I told her that it seems like a common thing to use it more initially. I am myself using the vaper more than smoking. I told her that I plan to start putting it down for a while between usage and when I have that down, try to cut nic level. In my opinion, you can't ask for too much too fast, considering how many years of smoking behind us.

Does anyone think that an ecig makes a stronger nic addition? Or are we using it more to satisfy the need from an analog?

i have an old bag of tobacco that i roll.

just do it in the mornings after drinking half a mug of coffee.

can't seem to break the cig and coffee mix, they just seem to go so well together. i smoke about half and ditch the remainder.

once and a while i'll have one before bed.

not sure i will need it now since i built this 5v mod. this thing will make me cough if i vape it like my regular injector mod.

i have an old bag of tobacco that i roll.

just do it in the mornings after drinking half a mug of coffee.

can't seem to break the cig and coffee mix, they just seem to go so well together. i smoke about half and ditch the remainder.

once and a while i'll have one before bed.

not sure i will need it now since i built this 5v mod. this thing will make me cough if i vape it like my regular injector mod.

Analogs are out the window for me. Never will I look back ; ) But I will have a nice cigar once in awhile

When many of us switched to Light cigs (for health benefits ROFL), we chain smoked them trying to get our fix. Vaping kind of simulates that switch over. My advice is to tell her to relax and get into the swing of it and then eventually she'll be able to not only slow down on the vaping, but also cut back on the nicotine. Congrats to her and you both for making the switch!! :thumbsup:

When many of us switched to Light cigs (for health benefits ROFL), we chain smoked them trying to get our fix. Vaping kind of simulates that switch over. My advice is to tell her to relax and get into the swing of it and then eventually she'll be able to not only slow down on the vaping, but also cut back on the nicotine. Congrats to her and you both for making the switch!! :thumbsup:

yeah those lights really made things right huh? lol How bout those attachments that look like a whistle tip cart that people put on them to stop the tar. Woah Nelly! :)

I pretty much told my mother in law just that. Just plug along with how she needs to use it for now, then slowly cut back down the road.

Thank you :)

I had a strong craving for an analog today. Not sure why. I just vaped more and worked through it. rolleyes.gif

I have turned several of my friends on to vaping and that is a very rewarding feeling. Some were 3 pack a day smokers, and are now down to 1/2 a pack. I'm working toward my 2nd week smoke free!! Thank you for all your support.

Mona

Congrats to everyone! Fighting the cigarette is no easy task. Nothing motivates like hearing success stories, and being able to relate! My wife still smokes, and makes it a little too easy to give in when I'm waiting for a replacement part or something. It's really no big deal to have one here and there, just keep in mind where ya were, and where you are today. Going from 3 packs to even 2 packs is a huge jump! Nobody should beat themselves up over a slip up here and there. As long as ya know where you stand, you're all good! :)

I'm happy this thread got so much attention. It's been 2 and a half weeks now since I got my Joye 510. I've bought only two packs of smokes.

That's fantastic considering I used to buy two packs per day. The only time I really desire analogs is when I have some beer. I'll take $6 per pack once every 8 days over $10 per day. :) Hopefully I'll eventually kick them completely. But it sure was nice to see everybody's input.

So I have been Vaping for about 12 days now. I had one pack left over from my analog days, and I just finally killed it off this evening, so I went to buy another pack.

I'm not sure if it's pure instinct.. but I like to have one around for when I have a few beers. The overall "hit" sensation of a real cig does wonders for me when I'm drinking (and menthol cigs have been proven to increase the effect of alcohol :) ) I've always had tons of friends who only "smoke when they drink" and I've always been kind of jealous of that. And now I'm one of them! haha.

So what do you all do? I truly love smoking, but this E-Cig has pretty much saved my life. I think I'll always smoke an E-Cig, as I have no intention of quitting altogether. I used to buy 2 packs per day, and I've bought one pack in the past 12 days. :) That's a HUGE money savings.. but I'm just wondering if anybody else here keeps a pack on hand just for that occasional nostalgic hit. I'd imagine smoking less than one cig per day is exponentially better than smoking 30 per day, like I used to. :) Or do you find that the longer you vape, eventually you just have no need for them whatsoever?

Yep! I gotta have real cigs when drinking, It just feels more natural, the taste with beer, Probably bcuz I've been doing it for so many years, I guess were creatures of habit!!!!! :beer:

Yep! I gotta have real cigs when drinking, It just feels more natural, the taste with beer, Probably bcuz I've been doing it for so many years, I guess were creatures of habit!!!!! :beer:

Damn straight! I still gotta have my menthols when drinking. But it's vaping all the rest of the time. And that's so good for me... on a lazy saturday or sunday, watching movies or playing video games.. it wouldn't be uncommon for me to go through an entire pack.. and now, none! Any improvement is good improvement I always say. And even when drinking, the E-Cig helps me cut WAY down on regular smoking.

I figured with a name like BEER CITY you would have to live in either my hometown Pittsburgh, or Milwaukee - man Milwaukee is a great town.

Cheers! :beer: