Do You Still Buy A Pack Of Analogs Now And Then?

So I have been Vaping for about 12 days now. I had one pack left over from my analog days, and I just finally killed it off this evening, so I went to buy another pack.

I'm not sure if it's pure instinct.. but I like to have one around for when I have a few beers. The overall "hit" sensation of a real cig does wonders for me when I'm drinking (and menthol cigs have been proven to increase the effect of alcohol :) ) I've always had tons of friends who only "smoke when they drink" and I've always been kind of jealous of that. And now I'm one of them! haha.

So what do you all do? I truly love smoking, but this E-Cig has pretty much saved my life. I think I'll always smoke an E-Cig, as I have no intention of quitting altogether. I used to buy 2 packs per day, and I've bought one pack in the past 12 days. :) That's a HUGE money savings.. but I'm just wondering if anybody else here keeps a pack on hand just for that occasional nostalgic hit. I'd imagine smoking less than one cig per day is exponentially better than smoking 30 per day, like I used to. :) Or do you find that the longer you vape, eventually you just have no need for them whatsoever?

I personally haven't smoked nor wanted to smoke in months. That being said, if you went from 2 packs a day to 1 every 2 weeks, then you're doing great. If you want a few analogs with your beers then go for it. No one here will judge you. :)

My wife still smokes, rolls her own. I don't like analogs anymore, at all, (after 20+ yrs) but I love vaping. I really don't plan to stop vaping anytime soon. I like the aroma, the "act" of smoking, the nicotine fix, the flavors, bla bla bla...

Unfortunately, now and then I find myself bumbing a smoke from her. Not because I still need that cigarette, but only while waiting for supplies to arrive. I seem to either fry out attys or gunk them up really fast.

Man, I hope my new atty gets here tomorrow, these analogs are really stinky and taste narsty!

After a year I think about it now and then just to see what would happen ,I always talk myself out of it as there are twenty in a pack and I doubt I would throw or give them away .I usually vape no nic but when I start thinkin that way I usually get a little nic in my juice for a while.My son and his fiance smoke and while the stale smoke smell on them grosses me out the smell of a Camel burning still smells good to me.I don't think it would take much for me to go back if I tried one.I really did enjoy smoking ,thats why I had so much trouble quitting until I found vaping.It is an acceptable alternative for me.BigJim what kind of liquid do you use?I had trouble with domestic liquid ruining atties way too fast for my budget.

Edited by mcquinn

Man I aint even wanted an analog since my first hit on an ecig! Now the smell of them repulses me. :thumbup:

Same here, the smell is awful now. I can smell it so much more distinctly than before. In homes, in cars, on people, etc. Its awful to know I smelled like that.

BigJim what kind of liquid do you use?I had trouble with domestic liquid ruining atties way too fast for my budget.

I have been using a big mix of stuff. I won a PIF a month or so back, and am still using up those juices. There's all sorts of PG, VG and different nic levels. I also mixed a batch or two of VG based tobacco flavors, just small amounts. I know you're supposed to keep separate atty's for different juices, but I can't afford to do that. I'm assuming it's the mix of different juices that gunk them up and/or burn 'em out sooo fast?

I smoked for 34 years and thought I loved to smoke. Though I did try to quit several times. Mainly because of the cost. From my first hit on an ecig, I never wanted another analog. And I've never looked back. Now I know that I love vaping and it is so much better than smoking ever was. The smell of an analog, or the smell of it on someone, really smells awful to me now. Hard to believe, but it does. So no, I don't want one. I highly doubt I ever will again.

i have been vaping for 7 month's but i still smoke when i drink. I have no problem's not smoking the next day sober or any other time though so it doesnt really bother me every now and then.

Maybe I just need some more time. It's been less than 2 weeks for me.

But I've cut down so much, I've noticed more stamina when working out, better breathing, better taste of smell and taste... I agree with everybody here that the smell now knocks me on my ***, and is disgusting.

But I don't think I'll ever give up the occasional menthol cig while drinking. :)

Was very cool to see all the replies though, thanks for your input!

I wouldn't describe e-cigs as replacements but more like alternatives, this relieves the pressure to quit. For me, Once I started e-cigs, I didn't need pyros so I didn't buy them. Shortly after, I didn't like the smell of them and have no desire to touch them again. It wasn't really intentional, just a natural evolution.

Sadly, I was a big cigar lover, I still have a humidor full of terrific cigars that I can no longer enjoy. I lit one up doing yard work a couple of months ago and couldn't stand it. I was actually depressed about it because I enjoyed them so much at one time.

In the end, it isn't that I wanted to quit as much as I like vaping FAR more.

So, to answer your question, no I don't have any urges or desire for one but that was never my intent, it just happened when I was really getting into this "alternative".

I personally haven't smoked nor wanted to smoke in months. That being said, if you went from 2 packs a day to 1 every 2 weeks, then you're doing great. If you want a few analogs with your beers then go for it. No one here will judge you. :)

agreed and well said. Never be ashamed or reluctant, you will stop smoking when or if you want to.

The longer of time you go without an analog, the more repulsive they get. You'll get there, in your own good time. In the meantime, put a pack or two in the freezer for emergencys (running out of juice or attys) and relax.

Also, once you've tried many flavors you'll know which ones go best with beer. (strong enough to help you forget it's not toxic).

The longer of time you go without an analog, the more repulsive they get. You'll get there, in your own good time. In the meantime, put a pack or two in the freezer for emergencys (running out of juice or attys) and relax.

Also, once you've tried many flavors you'll know which ones go best with beer. (strong enough to help you forget it's not toxic).

Very true. I was in Jamaica about a month ago and tried an analog and it was absolutely disgusting. I couldn't even finish it!

My wife still smokes, rolls her own. I don't like analogs anymore, at all, (after 20+ yrs) but I love vaping. I really don't plan to stop vaping anytime soon. I like the aroma, the "act" of smoking, the nicotine fix, the flavors, bla bla bla...

Unfortunately, now and then I find myself bumbing a smoke from her. Not because I still need that cigarette, but only while waiting for supplies to arrive. I seem to either fry out attys or gunk them up really fast.

Man, I hope my new atty gets here tomorrow, these analogs are really stinky and taste narsty!

Did someone say BACKUPS?? :thumbsup:

So I have been Vaping for about 12 days now. I had one pack left over from my analog days, and I just finally killed it off this evening, so I went to buy another pack.

I'm not sure if it's pure instinct.. but I like to have one around for when I have a few beers. The overall "hit" sensation of a real cig does wonders for me when I'm drinking (and menthol cigs have been proven to increase the effect of alcohol :) ) I've always had tons of friends who only "smoke when they drink" and I've always been kind of jealous of that. And now I'm one of them! haha.

So what do you all do? I truly love smoking, but this E-Cig has pretty much saved my life. I think I'll always smoke an E-Cig, as I have no intention of quitting altogether. I used to buy 2 packs per day, and I've bought one pack in the past 12 days. :) That's a HUGE money savings.. but I'm just wondering if anybody else here keeps a pack on hand just for that occasional nostalgic hit. I'd imagine smoking less than one cig per day is exponentially better than smoking 30 per day, like I used to. :) Or do you find that the longer you vape, eventually you just have no need for them whatsoever?

Yes! When I'm drinking, vaping is just not the same. I hope that one day I will get there, but I just had to come in here so you know that you are not alone. I think it's great that 99% of the vaping world started vaping and never looked back, but my reality is much different. I have a friend who struggles also. I just keep trying.

I'll be honest with you, I only had had a small few of analogs since I quit in December 09 but I'll also say this: Though I am NOT addicted, I do not know how a clove cig will be to me. The LAST time I had one was back in March when I was still a newbie and if I had one now, I do not know how my reaction will be. Analogs are so nasty and I prefer to keep it that way

I must say - even while drinking, my analog usage has decreased VERY dramatically. (one or two all night, when I used to go through an entire pack)

I'm perfectly content being one of the gang that "only smokes when they drink." :) Especially since I smoke even less than those people! :D

Sorry to say - nothing hits like a marlboro menthol full flavor when you're sipping at a sam adams. :)

Not gonna lie, my manager lit up a red the other day, and I wanted to smack her in the head with a blunt object and run with it.

I love vaping, obviously. That's why I'm here. But I constantly want a real cigarette. Just once in a while, by no means a regular thing. But I miss everything about it. Am I such a bad person to want a Marlboro Smooth every once in a while?!?! I feel guilty about it, but I'm not sure why.

I'm not judging, just lucky, I guess. I haven't had an analog since I started vaping. I love the variety of flavors, and find it important to mix and match well with your beverage of choice. For coffee I like the coffee and waffle type flavors, soda necessitates soda/drink flavors, and for beer/wine only tobacco flavors with excellent throat hit. I much prefer vaping to smoking and when that flavor combo is right it's almost sublime!

My wife continues to have an occasional analog with wine, and sometimes I take a hit to compare. I can't believe how addicted I was to the nasty things. The real kicker is that I know I would pick them right back up if I didn't have vaping.

You're not a bad person at all for wanting a cigarette. I know exactly how that feels. Every time I tried to quit smoking, I felt the same way. I remember hearing from ex-smokers in the past who said they wanted one every single day - even years later. That was something I didn't want to happen to me. I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day for 34+ years, so for me to say I don't even think about wanting one is amazing. I'm not saying everyone should be that way.

I've heard others say if they didn't have vaping, they'd go right back to cigarettes, too. Right now, I'd say I wouldn't do that. I could be wrong, but I can't stand the smell of them, so I don't think I would. But...just to be safe...I'm stock piling attys to be sure I have them around for a very long time. Everything else I can get another way.

Yeah, a lot of people mention hating the smell of cigarettes now... HA! I really wish I had that! For me, the smell of cigarette smoke is just nostalgic and delicious.

Needless to say, if vaping was banned, I WOULD relapse. I'd like to say I wouldn't, but I am being honest here. Kudos to anyone who wouldn't, though.