New Day-Same Problem-More Crap

keiko

Ok. I've lurked here for a while and just last week joined, so I am truly sorry to ask you for advice on this.

I previously stated that I had major problems with the batteries and atomizers that I had purchased. I bought 5 attys and 4 mega batteries from one site and they were crud. I complained and was told to send them back and they would evaluate and possibly send replacements. I guess that is what I should have done, but I live in a very rural area and It is not exactly just a jaunt to the corner to do this so I bit the bullet and just ordered from another site that came recommended. I am now out $102.53.

The next vendor is recommended on this and other forums, so I think, OK, I am not going to get screwed.... WRONG! At least I didn't order that much. 5 Attys and 3 batteries $62.02 Not a one worked worth a CRAP!!! By this time I had almost completely exhausted the batteries from my purchase for Christmas and kept the best of the bad batteries and atomizers as I don't want to go back to analogs. Returned 4 attys and 2 batteries. got replacements. Cripes, they were worse that the first ones.

One atomizer fired so instantaneously hot that it literally fried the skin off my two fingers. Emergency care doc says that it is 2nd partial burn and will heal. OK Sent email demanding a refund and informing the vendor of events. He has written back saying that he has issued a total refund, but when I check he has not. I paid thru PayPal, they show no refund.. When I sent email yesterday to question this: I received no response. I don't even know if I should reveal the names of these sites here. The only thing I know to do now is to contact a lawyer, but I really would like to settle this without more confrontation.

By the way, I have now purchased an ego from a reputable dealer recommended by the kind responses from this forum. Can't wait for delivery as It is hard to fight the analog addiction. Please advise

Hello, I'm sorry for you problems. I'm not sure the question, honestly, but I have a couple of my own that may help us with your problems. I'm not sure what devices you initially had trouble with, but since there's such a learning curve to this it might simply be that the units you're using are not the best. While it's true that defects happen, statistically having a run of bad luck like that is not likely. I think it's more likely that the units you're working with are not very powerful; I suspect your ego will go a long way toward satisfying you.

If you're looking for a more analog-like drag, you may want to use low resistance atomizers on your ego; that will give you better throat hit and more, though warmer, vapor. But they do make the ego more like a 5V device, which is - my opinion! - most desirable.

You may wish to contact PayPal to get your refund processed. They'll go through a whole bureaucratic process but ultimately you'll get your money back. Just be patient. These amounts of money are probably not worth hiring an attorney for; it'd cost more than the money you got back.

We do have a supplier review section, as well as a venting forum. Check out the supplier mosh pit -- you can vent all you like and people will commiserate with you all day. :) Believe me, many of us have had the same frustrations you're feeling, and someone may have really good advice for you. If nothing else, you'll sure feel better.

Just hang in there, ask your questions when you feel like you're having trouble with your devices. Sometimes it's just a matter of changing the way you use it; small changes can make all the difference in the world. Really. We're here to help you succeed. I wish you the best!

Oh - one other thing. I went through several devices until I found one that worked well for me -- and I'm still finding things that work better all the time. You could be going through that process too, just finding the combination that works for you. Vaping is a very personal thing and what works for one person may totally suck for the next. But we'll support you, just hang in there!

Are they mega 510s? I also find it odd so many would not work well (basically all of them?). Assuming a 510, this is a workhorse of a battery. I agree with ddave, go vent in review mosh pit for the first one, and maybe a little less emotional in the review suppliers section for the one you still have a shot at getting a refund.

We know what you're going through. It's really rough when things don't work. I really hope the eGo works for you. It sure did for me and a lot of other people out there, but then I don't know of anyone else who has had this much trouble right off the bat. Try to hang in there. It really is worth it.

You already got some great advice, so I'll just ask a couple of questions here. Have you watched any of the "how to" videos on this site? One of the main things to vaping is that it is not exactly like smoking. You need to take longer, slower drags than you do with a cigarette. Filling your mouth with the vapor before inhaling also helps a lot. Are you doing it that way? It's possible you're trying too hard. I know I did in the beginning. Once I got that part figured out, the rest fell into place.

Please feel free to ask all the questions you need to ask. We don't mind answering. That's what we're here for. We'll do everything we can to help you out.

Sorry to hear about your troubles - Sometimes, with all all of the suppliers out there, you're bound to run into some dodgy companies. Hopefully this incoming eGo will work great for you, it has for me and many others! Posts like yours really help for venting purposes and also help you realize that you're not the only one that this has happened to. Just have faith that not all suppliers are like that.

Any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry your having issues with gear keiko, it can be very frustrating when your ecig doesn't cooperate :2guns: .

I think your on the right track with picking up an eGo, they perform very well imo. I agree with nana, watching videos can really help when you are first starting out. I still watch videos and find little things here and there that help.

Oh, what kind of batteries / attys did you first buy that were bad?

Hi keiko, sorry about your troubles. I am curious where you purchased your batts & attys from. Its OK to post it. :)

Its a 510. My original purchase was from Totally Wicked. I bought the starter kit & some spare attys from them in November, was pleased with most everything. I can still even use their batteries even if only for a half an hour. They are dying, but that was to be expected and they have truly lasted a long time. Prior to that I had been just playing sometimes with one called the E-health cigarette.

My bad that I thought I could save money so when I saw someones post saying that Value Vapor had attys and batteries at really good prices I jumped on it. Now I have manual mega batteries that don't last for 1/2 hr one that doesn't even charge and a collection of attys that produce no vapor and one that has caused burns on my hand bad enough that I am seeing a doc this aft.

Perhaps this wasn't the right place to *****, but when I looked at the mosh pit this was the first thing I read:

"People should have a minimum of like 20 posts in order to enter the mosh pit. We don't want noobs coming in here and finding all this whacked out content, and we also don't want other people from random forums walking in and finding us trash talking." :closed:

Whats a girl to do?? :iiam:

No problem keiko. Your post have been very subdued and don't rise to the level of being placed in the Mosh Pit lol. If you want to vent and get it off your chest feel free to post in the Mosh Pit and let the explicatives fly :D.

I may lower the post count on the mosh pit actually. :)

One thing to keep in mind is that not all suppliers (especially the bargain suppliers) sell genuine Joye products. While some people think I'm a Joye Fan boy (and I suppose I am) you just can't beat their quality. The reason your Totally Wicked products lasted as long as they did is because TW sells Joye and only Joye. Some other cheap suppliers sell look a likes that don't always work great.

I suggest taking a look at this article I created here: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/Home/index.php/vapor-talk/interesting-info/100-fake-electronic-cigarettes

It will give you incite into what to look for when buying online. Sorry to hear you got screwed but at least now we can give you the information to stop this from happening again. :thumbsup: