Fake Joye Ego

It was bound to happen sooner later, Fake Joye eGos. While I'm trying to get a copy of the fake to rip it apart I don't have one yet. The only thing we've narrowed down so far is the manual. The fake has an extremely poorly translated manual as well as a poorly translated charger warning. a genuine Joye eGo will have a well translated manual. The reason for this is because Janty usually creates the manuals. Once Joye releases the generic version they use Janty's manual but with the word Joye used instead.

Be weary when buying eGo's, you want to make sure you have something genuine for your safety. Last thing we need are batteries blowing up. The FDA is counting on that. Shop with trusted suppliers who have been around for a while.

post-2-051238400 1279338955_thumb.jpg

post-2-051238400 1279338955_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. You are so soooo right about only buying from a well known, well researched supplier. Sometimes just doing your homework can save you a lot of hassle. What was that fake ego selling for? I'd pay $10 for an extra starter kit haha.

It's pretty easy to tell by pricing if it is fake. Dealers like myself are bound by obligation to Joye manufacturing to a minimum price limit. Anyone caught selling their products at less then the minimum price limit will be cut-off as a reseller. I have never ran afoul of them as I stick to their minimum guideline but I imagine they would come down pretty hard on anyone choosing to buck their system. And yeah, the fda is patiently waiting for some of the crap out there that are knock-offs to go awry and they will poince on the industry as a whole the moment they get a chance. Personally I would never use a knock-off to save a few bucks, it isn't worth the risk to my own health.

What happens if you find one at a lower price somewhere? What does that mean?

I would be learly of any vendor selling it below $70 (full kit - 2 atty/2 batts/2 cones). Mostly, keep with known suppliers with good reputations. Most vendors who sell Joye have it clearly identified as a Joye eGo. If a vendor is selling an "eGo" and doesn't say it's a Joye eGo, that would worry me. There is one popular vendor selling the eGo, but it's not a Joye eGo. The do not it on their site that it's not Joyetech.

Brian is right I have seen some ego's for as low as 49.00 and yeah I would be leery of it. I imagine some dealers may have true joye stuff and are selling for less then 70 which is below Joye's set minimum. Greed can make the best of people get ugly. I will stick with what Joye insists for their vendors as I will not sell anything that is generic, just not worth it in the long run.

It's pretty easy to tell by pricing if it is fake. Dealers like myself are bound by obligation to Joye manufacturing to a minimum price limit. Anyone caught selling their products at less then the minimum price limit will be cut-off as a reseller. I have never ran afoul of them as I stick to their minimum guideline but I imagine they would come down pretty hard on anyone choosing to buck their system. And yeah, the fda is patiently waiting for some of the crap out there that are knock-offs to go awry and they will poince on the industry as a whole the moment they get a chance. Personally I would never use a knock-off to save a few bucks, it isn't worth the risk to my own health.

Hmmm, Puresmoker has the eGo pretty dang cheap but they only have red in stock at this time. Perhaps they have been cut off or don't care cuz they aren't going to carry Joye any longer.

Hmmm, Puresmoker has the eGo pretty dang cheap but they only have red in stock at this time. Perhaps they have been cut off or don't care cuz they aren't going to carry Joye any longer.

Hmmm, I hope these are genuine. I bought mine from them ($79), then when I saw them for $49, I jumped on one as a gift for someone else. Only red and blue were available, so I thought maybe red and blue just weren't moving, but, they had no black or metal either available at all, so maybe they just aren't going to carry them anymore.