Led Not For Me

i don't get the obsession with LED and an Ecig. even modders toss them into their projects.

if you are vaping you can tell when you are. well, unless you are brain dead.

the led really has no function that to light up to attract attention.

an led indicator of "yo i am dieing, charge me up stupid" would be the only thing i could think that would function with a "good" purpose. (though i wouldn't want that either).

Different strokes for different folks. Took me a while to get use to not having an LED when I switched to the SB. The LED on the Joker gives an indication of how much battery life you have left, and I like that.

Edited by Brian

I agree Jolly, they don't seem to have much purpose. I do like the battery indicator concept though. I know the Joker led will change color when the battery changes to a different voltage (if I read that right) and I think that's an awesome idea. For typical vapin' an led is kinda pointless. I, however, plan to scoop up a birthday unit in the next couple months, and I'm looking for the biggest, baddest, device that I can be proud of! Something that shoots stars out of it every time I toot on it! Something that lights up like a disco-ball when in use! LoL Something that says for itself, "Must be a special night tonight, he's bringin' out the rocket ship"! LoL, other than that, out and about, no LED needed. ;)

Not to be disagreeable but, I disagree--LOL. I like the leds if for no other reason than troubleshooting. If the led is out, the battery is dead, if the led is lighting and I'm not getting a vape, it is the atty. If I ever wanted to stealth vape I can just turn the battery around in my mods then, no lights. Also, If you're not familiar with my mods, the led serves dual purpose--It can also be used as a flashlight for those late night bathroom trips or to land planes on remote landing strips--LOL :laser:

The Buzz and the new Precious also have LEDs for the purpose of voltage change and/or battery power.

Battery indicators are really handy to have with mods, I do think they make alot of sense when part of that application.

for standard e-cigs, there is little dispute that noobs like them, I know I did at first, then like the first time I held a sparkler as a kid, after 10 minutes I was bored with it....

I think the Joker does it (vaprlife). And now I remember why I started using it the correct way, I screwed up my spade and wasn't sure if it was the atty, contact or the wiring so it is a good indication of that as well, to Mark's point.

Not to be disagreeable but, I disagree--LOL. I like the leds if for no other reason than troubleshooting. If the led is out, the battery is dead, if the led is lighting and I'm not getting a vape, it is the atty. If I ever wanted to stealth vape I can just turn the battery around in my mods then, no lights. Also, If you're not familiar with my mods, the led serves dual purpose--It can also be used as a flashlight for those late night bathroom trips or to land planes on remote landing strips--LOL :laser:

LOL!!!! It's just a cool factor for some. I would love to have one with a big, bad, bright, GREEN LED like this !!! :laser:

The Buzz and the new Precious also have LEDs for the purpose of voltage change and/or battery power.

Battery indicators are really handy to have with mods, I do think they make alot of sense when part of that application.

for standard e-cigs, there is little dispute that noobs like them, I know I did at first, then like the first time I held a sparkler as a kid, after 10 minutes I was bored with it....

you had a sparkler that lasted 10 minutes!!!!! that thing had to be 50 feet long!!! ive never seen one last longer than a minute. lol

i haven't hear of these led mods that change under different volts. going to have to look that up.

is it the led or a few leds used to do this?

multiple leds and i forgot to cite the joker as well

Edited by Burn

i like the LEDs for all the reasons listed already (they are cool, troubleshooting, battery life - i have a Buzz too - and so on), but they also notify the bartender or cop that you are not smoking a cigarette (or a little bong or pipe). i have had bartenders look over at me from way across the bar when they see the "smoke", and i hold on the PV and hit the trigger a few times to flash the LED... and they nod their head and go on about their business.

i loved the "ring of light" my Spade, but now i don't because sometimes i want to cover them up without flipping the battery. it's easy to slide a finger over a single LED like the Buzz or Joker or most other mods.

Different stokes for different folks I guess. It doesn't bother me either way, but I can see why people like and also dislike LEDs.

Edit: Jeff, the LED on the ego used to be a thin strip around where the current button is. I thought it looked a lot cooler.