Removing Wick On A 510?

Blondie

[/sizeI looked for previous post but did not find one. Has any one tried removing the wicking under the bridge on a 510?? Was wondering how it worked for you and if it really is better for a dripper. Just got in my ego and am having problems with it being kind of messy. I get liquid on the outside of the atty and some comes up from the mouth empty cart. I only drip two drops at a time so I know Im not flooding the darn thing. Any help would be great.

[/sizeI looked for previous post but did not find one. Has any one tried removing the wicking under the bridge on a 510?? Was wondering how it worked for you and if it really is better for a dripper. Just got in my ego and am having problems with it being kind of messy. I get liquid on the outside of the atty and some comes up from the mouth empty cart. I only drip two drops at a time so I know Im not flooding the darn thing. Any help would be great.

Keep in mind... once you do remove the wick/bridge from the atty you will never be able to use it with a cart. It also takes a pretty steady hand when trying to do it. I have done it to multiple attys... some it helped tremedously, others it made worse. I wouldn't even do it unless you have an atty that isn't working properly... then what is there to lose?? :thumbsup:

Yep I don't use cart. I drip ... I have an atty that is acting up so I will try it on that. I saw the video on it but it never really said what the reason behind it was and how it would work better. Just wanted to check with the peeps on the forum to see what y'all thought.

I would think it will get messier without the wick.The wick and the mesh bridge are what keeps the liquid in the vicinity of the element.Without them any liquid in excess of what it takes to dampen the element will run out somewhere.If you are getting liquid seepage I would say you are putting too much in at a time.

I would think it will get messier without the wick.The wick and the mesh bridge are what keeps the liquid in the vicinity of the element.Without them any liquid in excess of what it takes to dampen the element will run out somewhere.If you are getting liquid seepage I would say you are putting too much in at a time.

I agree. Have you tried blowing out the atty? It's been my experience that you get leaks normally when you're vaping very heavily (atty gets real hot) and when there's just a lot of excess juice in it. As for getting juice through the mouth piece, when you remove it to drip, wipe off the condensation - that should help some. Have you considered a drip tip?

i remove the wick on every atty.

Same here! AS SOON AS I GET THEM!!

But I have noticed that if I leave the bridge in without the wick that I do not have to drip quite as often. Seems like the bridge holds a little extra juice. Then again, it may just be my imagination! :wacko:

Edited by ThaHodgehound

Everyone has to find out what works for themselves I suppose.I still use carts @ 3.7 volts most of the time,the carto's don't do much for me ,and most of the time I too lazy to drip.I have some 801 atties that don't wick from carts very good I think they are the M series ,I drip with them just to use them up .I switched to 901's as my main sled for now as it is a safe bet they will be DSE.The 510 atties are a pain trying to make sure you get the real thing.

• 1 month later...

Had some cheap Chinese attys lying around that never worked well since I got them. Always tasted funny and seemed "plugged up". Took the wick out to see what this was all about. It seems to have solved the problem. Switched to cartos a couple months ago this may get me to buy some regular attys. Awesome thanks for the info.

Yeah I'm with Stirfry. Although I don't use 510's that often, when I do I will ALWAYS take the wick out. In my opinion, if you are vaping at 3.7v you should also take the bridge out! (but definitely not if you are vaping HV).

I have a 5v pass through coming in today and I forgot to order standard 510 attys. I forgot that all of mine have the bridge out lol.