Intense Cravings For Tobacco Cigs?

cicely

It seems that in the evening and night I get really intense cravings for analogs. How do you keep yourself from slipping? If I smoke analoges long enough I get terrible migraines, but that hasn't stopped me in the past. Xpower900 Any suggestions?

The transition can be very hard, but the best thing to do when you have the cravings is to vape until the cravings pass, even if you need to vape for 20 minutes. You'll be surprised to see how vaping can really satisfy the craving! If the cravings are really really strong, I would recommend using higher nicotine juice, like 24mg. That will also help kick the cravings.

Good Luck!

One other thing, cigarette cravings are not only from nicotine, but are also psychological. You need to convince yourself that vaping IS smoking! Don't think of it as a "replacement" or an "alternative," just think of it as a different brand of cigarettes! Try to vape in the same routine as you would smoke. In other words, vape when your used to smoking. Think of it this way, your trying to trick your psychological/nicotine cravings into thinking that nothing has changed from the transition from cigarettes to e-cigs.

Hope this helps!

Edited by actor92191

Hi Cicely, actor92191 gave up some great advice. They say smoking is a habit, in addition to the addicting properties of nic. Personally, I smoked for alotta years. I didn't think I'd ever stop smoking analogs. The day after I started vaping with my Joye510, I smoked my last analog. Within about three days after using an e-cig, I began to feel so great physically that that was the inspiration to keep vaping. Have I had cravings for analogs, yes I have. I pick up and use my e-cig each and every time until the analog craving passes. And it does. There is great support in this forum for any questions or issues that may come up. Gluck, and keep on keeping on!

Hey Cicely, You are in very good company on this issue.

how long have you been vaping??

I found it took a good couple weeks for my body to get rid of the craving for all the misc chemicals found in cigarettes--Nicotine is only a small part of the chemicals present in a cigarette.

We all know how tough the psycological part of not smoking is--others wise, most of us would have quit long ago.

1. As already said, vape until the craving passes. some people do use a higher nicotine liquid in the mornings and evenings--Using a higher nic level is in no way a set back--our bodies/brains crave higer nicotine at certain times--kinda like when we would just smoke more than normal.

2. Have a cigarette if that is what you really need--don't be hard on yourself about it. when we push our selves too hard to not smoke--it makes you want a smoke even more--the anxiety increases etc, etc. Just let vaping take over naturally. We have many members that still smoke now and again--it really is OK. Just think about all the cigarettes you are not smoking......

You are doing great by finding such a great community and a product that is life changing. Just relax and enjoy !!!!

If ya DO need a tobacco fix, there are juices out there that taste like newports, marlboros, ya name it! The only time I have a craving for is clove cigs is when I haven't vaped on cloves for quite some time

Like others have stated, the transition can take some time. When you're making the switch to vaping if you need to have a couple of analogs through out the day go, go for it. Think, if you go from a pack a day to 5-10 that's a huge decrease. Then drop that in half while you increase vaping. After a while you'll realize how much you love vaping. It's help convert millions of peoples addictions already, it can for you also.

I have been struggling with the same issue for a few weeks. My cravings are the worst when I'm out with other smokers or when I'm working. I actually enjoyed getting up from my desk to go smoke with co-workers. As of right now I haven't smoked an analog since yesterday morning, haven't even really vaped that much unless I get a serious craving. Best of luck to all who still have cravings that they will eventually pass. Keep on vaping!

Congrats B80 !!! The cravings really do get better. at first I really missed my outside time--then the snows began--didn't miss it so much then. now, I don't miss it at all. and my Jeep smells better.

Had to smoke in our cars--strict no smoking on premises policy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much, I think I have found the answer. :thumbsup:http://www.onlyecig....ower900new.html

Cicely,

It appears that supplier is out of the country. The shipping cost on that product is over $17. You can find a supplier of a real eGo here in the states and get shipping for free or about $5.

It seems that in the evening and night I get really intense cravings for analogs. How do you keep yourself from slipping? If I smoke analoges long enough I get terrible migraines, but that hasn't stopped me in the past. Xpower900 Any suggestions?

Just out of curiosity what is the nicotine content you are putting in? 11, 16mg. I noticed in the beginning with super low nicotine I would get cravings so you might want to consider starting with 16 or even 24mg.

I have noticed that if the e-juice does not give me a good throat hit, I tend to crave the analogs a bit more. When this happens, I just switch to a better liquid and the need to smoke goes away. Of course this is only my second week of quitting, who knows how the next one will be.

Hope this helps, and be strong!!!

Good luck.

Please don't go with a knock-off. It may only cost you more in the long run. There are plenty of vendors that carry the real Ego/Tornado and the shipping wont cost you as much.

As far as those cravings go....after smoking for 40+ years I can tell you that I still get them almost every day. When I do I just hit the pv a little more and it finally goes away. But I do vape all the time every day. You may want to up your nic level which should help and when it gets really tough come to us. Every one here is ready to help.

Good luck and happy vaping. :thumbsup:

If ya DO need a tobacco fix, there are juices out there that taste like newports, marlboros, ya name it! The only time I have a craving for is clove cigs is when I haven't vaped on cloves for quite some time

I dunno what mg/ml you are vaping, but YES! I agree whole-heartedly with JagSol! I started with 16-18mg/ml cartomizers that were tobacco flavored. I had tried my son's vanilla, etc. quite some time before I decided to give the eCigs a try. I never would have quit with the other flavored carts or eJuice then. Once I dove in & bought my KR808-D1 kit w/ tobacco flavor that tasted like my old American Spirits, I started vaping and I still have a couple of packs of analogs in the freezer with no desire to go back.

I did try going back and smoked a whole cigarette after a few days. I coughed, choked, gagged and haven't smoked since!

I got a couple of sampler packs of tobacco flavors to see which flavor tasted like my old flavor... Interesting though, my son & I smoked he same cigs, and he chose a flavor I don't really care for at all, so I guess you have to get some sampler carts or eLiquids & try them.

He also started at 11mg/ml cartomizers, but is finding he's happier too with the 16-18mg/ml cartomizers.

I think flavor has as much to do with it as the amount of nicotine.

Now I'm loving the sweeter flavors, such as Caramel, caramel mocha frappchino, bananas foster and want to try a whole lot more! I'm finding after a while I like the more dessert-like flavors than the tobacco one, but like RY4, that is a mix of tobacco with a hint of caramel.

I would have never started with those flavors though!

Hope this helps!

-Altmed

It always helps me to go take smoke breaks at work with the guys. They all smoke analogs and I vape. They all got used to the e cig and now it is just like I am smoking. It is a psychological thing but it really does help. Try to mimic everything about smoking at first. Taste, throat hit, and my ecig is a m403 that looks just like a cig and has the orange led and I use Marlboro flavored juice. As I get more into vaping I am sure I will take the path of bigger and better devices, but as of right now, I just want to kick the analogs, and this way I am giving up very little. Looks, tastes and feels like a cigarette.

• 3 weeks later...

For me it was mostly habit. For example, we all have certain triggers for a smoke, when they occur an alarm goes off in the head and that's that! These triggers could be any thing, certain events, times, or even feelings. That's what makes quitting so difficult, lets face it, chewing gum or wearing a patch just doesn't cut it.

Vaping works for me, but began working better when I got better at getting stronger throat hits and creating more vapor! Also the nicotine conent needed to be no less then 16 mgs for me. After this the cigarette cravings turned in to vaping cravings :)

Not going outside with other smokers at my job probably would have been harder on me, but I live in TX and it's 105 daily here, so I am actually enjoying be a non-social smoker right now LOL. Get my fix in the AC while the others sweat :harhar:

I totally understand where your coming from micheal. I used to have those cravings all the time and i still do to some extent. For me i just had to remind myself of how crappy analogue's made me feel. With ecigs you can breath, smell good and taste food. Just think about the positives of vaping and vape away your craving for traditional cigs. Its worth it :jump:

VAPE IT UP!

-Slightly Addicted

Edited by slightlyaddicted

I always get these cravings at night also. I will be vaping and all of a sudden I catch myself thinking about a cigarette. I avoid acting out these cravings by not keeping any smokes in my house. If I didn't, after a couple of beers to knock down the inhibition wall it would be all over but the crying. Thankfully, I am kind of lazy, so I don't even think about going out at night to buy any. I just try to think of something else and keep on vapin'!

Edited by BreakingBad