Harsh Taste

LoriHNC

After like 6-8 puffs with my 510, I taste a yucky harsh taste so I add a few drops of liquid. I don't really lose that harsh burnt taste until I clean the atty by blowing the liquid out that builds up in there. Am I adding liquid too much? Is it the atty? I hope not cuz I just put a new one on yesterday. I ordered some cartomizers last night. Will I like them better?

Thanks

If you were smoking lights then I would think 24mg would be too much for you. But I don't think the harsh is from that. You would normally get jittery and maybe a headache if it was too much.

Is the atty new that you are vaping on? If it is new, then it will burn off the residue on there from the manufacturer.

If you were smoking lights then I would think 24mg would be too much for you. But I don't think the harsh is from that. You would normally get jittery and maybe a headache if it was too much.

Is the atty new that you are vaping on? If it is new, then it will burn off the residue on there from the manufacturer.

Yeah the atty is new. I changed it cuz the last one seemed to start tasting harsh so I thought that would help. Maybe I need to use a new cartridge instead. I did wash off the filler in the cart to clean it.

Yes, there are alot of ways of cleaning a atty. I usually just blow them out from the bottom to the top into a paper towel. Or just leave them sit upside down overnight on a paper towel, and you will see the mess it makes. heehee

Some people boil them in hot water to get rid of the taste.

If you use water to get rid of the juice, I would recommend blowing the excess water out, or else it won't fire correctly.

Just my 3 cents.

Have yo checked the rim of the cart--is it a bit melted maybe--sometimes when the atty gets to hot and or dry, it can melth the edge of the cart causing a particularily nasty taste--

For a quick liquid removal--blow them out onto a paper towel or use the corner of paper towel or kleenex, push into atty and let sit for a few minutes.

A high level of nic will give a really big throat hit, but not burnt taste. With a cart I used to make sure I had the device pointed down to ensure the liquid kept moving to the wick as I vaporized what was there. It almost sounds like there's no fluid getting there. Is this regular filler? Have you tried direct dripping? You get about the same number of puffs, then drip some more onto the wick.

Edited by FTJoe

Is the juice you're using dark in color? I've had some juices that were really dark and they did this. I could never get them to vape good... may one or two good hits and then total burning crap taste. I've got about four bottles of juice sitting on my shelf that will never be used. Also, after using one of those juices, the taste stayed in the atty for a long time... took some heavy vaping to get it all out.

Thanks everyone for your input. I will blow out the atty and let it sit on a paper towel then I'll try a different liquid. I ordered some new liquids from DIY which I"m told I will tell a huge difference with.

The juice is not dark in color so I don't think it's that, nor is the cart melted looking so it's not that either.

It may be that not enough liquid is getting to the atty wick like someone mentioned (sorry, I'm fast replying at the bottom and don't remember (Brian? lol)

I'll try to direct drip to see if I like that, since it seems I would be adding the same amount of liquid either way. I can't wait to try the cartomizers I ordered and the new liquids. I got double flavor liquids from DIY so they should be good.

Thanks again :)

Direct dripping should take care of this problem unless the atomizer is bad. Keeping the atomizer wet is the key to not receiving the burnt taste; and, with direct dripping the flavor and vapor and way more plentiful.

you'll get the hang of this in no time. When I am out and about I tend to add a drop or two to the top of the cart and a drop or two to the atty--lasts a bit longer over all, and better flavor.

I had the same thing happen and it was the wick , under the bridge in the atomizer that was doing it. They are easy to get out, but it's best to do it before you ever use the atty. I just got some 510 cartos and have had no burnt taste yet. I'm wondering if there is no "wick" like in the regular attys.

heres how to remove the wick......worked great for me!!

http://www.vaportalk...dpost__p__41759

I know I may sound like a broken record here .. but this was what worked for me, too. Lori I couldn't figure out for the life of me why my vaping experience was not as good as everyone else's and was about to give up until someone told me about this.

Gently press the bridge a little bit to the side so you have a little more room to get all the fibers out. If you shine light directly down into your atty you should be able to see any remaining wisps/fibers. Try your best to get them all out (a really good set of tweezers). You're going to notice that they are charred. Bits of the charred fibers fell down into the well where the coil sets and that tasted gross too. I thoroughly cleaned the attys and let them dry. They now vape marvelously!

I had the same thing happen and it was the wick , under the bridge in the atomizer that was doing it. They are easy to get out, but it's best to do it before you ever use the atty. I just got some 510 cartos and have had no burnt taste yet. I'm wondering if there is no "wick" like in the regular attys.

Some pics of the inside in the thread below.

My link

Correct, if you remove the wick then you would have to direct drip. The wick is there to help draw the juice down from the cartridge. This means you should also remove the filler from the cartridge. Direct dripping is the way to go.

I think once you get the hang of dripping you'll stay with it except for times like driving or when it's to much trouble.

Also, try some cartos' you may find you really like the ease of use. They hold a lot of juice and really hold up well.

Let me make sure I understand how to drip. I just drip a few drops right into the atty? Doesn't the fluid come out the cart hole into your mouth?

Here's a good vid.

Direct Dripping

This is a good one too.

How do you get so much vapor

Edited by Brian

Yeah I ordered cartos, can't wait for them to get here to try them. I may start direct dripping when I am home though.

Thanks

I think once you get the hang of dripping you'll stay with it except for times like driving or when it's to much trouble.

Also, try some cartos' you may find you really like the ease of use. They hold a lot of juice and really hold up well.