I Hate Throat Hit?

o4srt

Like the title says, discovered I hate throat hit.

Of all the juices I have tried, the only ones that I really enjoy are ones without throat hit.

So far: 80/20 vg/pg juices from vapor bomb are the only ones I enjoy.

Tried tasty vapor, ms t's, AVEjuice, vermont vapor, viking vapor, DAT's vapor (2nd place, tried their 50/50, have some 100% vg on order), freedomsmokeUSA (tied for 2nd, same as DAT's), etc.

I love the flavor on a lot of them, but the throat hit turns me off completely.

Any recommendations on different juices to try, that I haven't listed already?

Assuming there's nothing wrong with your PV or aty, I would definitely reduce the level of nicotine as that is what gives the throat hit, what level are you at of nicotine and what kind of smoker were you (brand/type). I'm at zero and looking for a good TH but I've gotten used to it so any strength of nic above 6mg/ml and I get killed by TH.

Also, as the resitance goes down, the heat and TH go up, you could also try an HV (higher resistance atty as well). If you haven't tried cartomizers, regular cartomizers are 3.3 ohms as opposed to around 2.5 or so for regular attys. That's all the ideas I have.

Assuming there's nothing wrong with your PV or aty, I would definitely reduce the level of nicotine as that is what gives the throat hit, what level are you at of nicotine and what kind of smoker were you (brand/type). I'm at zero and looking for a good TH but I've gotten used to it so any strength of nic above 6mg/ml and I get killed by TH.

Also, as the resitance goes down, the heat and TH go up, you could also try an HV (higher resistance atty as well). If you haven't tried cartomizers, regular cartomizers are 3.3 ohms as opposed to around 2.5 or so for regular attys. That's all the ideas I have.

Does nicotine affect throat hit that much? I get killed with 18 mg, but the vaporbomb I ordered was 12 mg.

I'm using cartomizers on my 510, and in the process of building a 5v battery mod. The parts arrived today, I'll probably build it tonight at work, better soldering irons and test equipment than I have at home :construction:

flavors and vapor are much improved at 5v (10 watts or so with a cartomizer, 12 watts of power on a stock atty) over the stock voltage.

Does nicotine affect throat hit that much? I get killed with 18 mg, but the vaporbomb I ordered was 12 mg.

I'm using cartomizers on my 510, and in the process of building a 5v battery mod. The parts arrived today, I'll probably build it tonight at work, better soldering irons and test equipment than I have at home :construction:

flavors and vapor are much improved at 5v (10 watts or so with a cartomizer, 12 watts of power on a stock atty) over the stock voltage.

As FTJoe will say... Throat hit is directly affected by the level of nicotine. I agree 100% on that! I started with 36mg and it was wrecking my throat! I'm at 16-18 now... much different/better throat hit... not nearly as harsh. I don't wake up with a sore throat after a hard night of vaping! So, maybe try dropping the nic level if you wanted.

Edited by DAYVAPE

As FTJoe will say... Throat hit is directly affected by the level of nicotine. I agree 100% on that! I started with 36mg and it was wrecking my throat! I'm at 16-18 now... much different/better throat hit... not nearly as harsh. I don't wake up with a sore throat after a hard night of vaping! So, maybe try dropping the nic level if you wanted.

not a common request, usually the opposite. I am now waiting for the "I hate thick vapor" and "I hate strong flavored liquid posts". :)

The one think I will add is that all VG really seems to mute TH for me.

I get killed with 18 mg, but the vaporbomb I ordered was 12 mg.

Easy peasy. Sounds like the issue is too much nic. What kind of cigs did you smoke? Just asking because if you were an ultra light, you may not need much nic, if you do, go HV atty. have you tried 5V? Will probably increase the TH or simulation being hotter. Most suppliers will offer a nic level of 6-12 or so. If they don't and they offer 0, get the 0 and 18. Mix together evenly and you have 9.

im an electronics technician, ive hooked my pasthrough up to a variable dc power supply and experimented from 3.5 to 6+ volts. i like 5.5 the best, but 5v regulators are easy to use.

i was thinking that pg had more to do with th than nic. i have some plain, 0 nic vg on the way, ill try cutting some of my juices down to see if it helps, not concerned about flavor, just trying to figure out the throat hit dilemma.

used to smoke about a pack a day of camel menthols.

Cool. I'm shocked you smoked camel menthols and have a problem with TH. VG will definitely help, much smoother and lots more vapor. But in the end, voltage (heat) and most importantly, nic, dictate the TH. Good luck finding the right combo, problem is if the TH is good, you might be under feeding the addiction. I would think you might get used to it (lack of nic), but you will see. I say shocked because I've only ever found the ultra-lights folks having issues with medium levels of nic, they need low. Most others needed medium or high I was Marlboro Menthol lights and started at 24mg, seemed good to me. Bottom line is we're all different.

FYI, you just gained 27 best friends with that statement.....

28. LOL!

I vape 24mg at 6V and love the TH - NEED the TH. I was taste testing some DIY flavors the other day using just a 50/50 mix of PG/VG (no nic) and was getting absolutely no TH at 3.7, 5 or 6V. Mix it up with some nic and bam! You got TH.

im prety sure i just need to lower my nic to 12 to 16.

i finished my 5v box mod, only took about 30 mins. don't have the 14500's yet so i'm using 4xAA in a box taped to the bottom of the mod box....ghetto rigged to all .... but it gets the job done.

i might integrate some type of mini connector to the mod so i can easily attach the AA box if the li-ions die and i don't have spares. AA's are far easier to find.

how many friends do i gain if i mention i am in school for electrical engineering as well?

im prety sure i just need to lower my nic to 12 to 16.

yuppers - you got it.

how many friends do i gain if i mention i am in school for electrical engineering as well?

meh - we're more of a battery/wire/switch kind of group. You want to design a new battery, have fun.

you wouldn't even be interested in a variable constant power battery source that would make each atty perform identically at the power level you choose???

screw adjustable voltage and current, power is what really matters.

just an idea i have been kicking around

you wouldn't even be interested in a variable constant power battery source that would make each atty perform identically at the power level you choose???

screw adjustable voltage and current, power is what really matters.

just an idea i have been kicking around

I'm sorry - that was my evil twin posting while I wandered away for a minute!!!! I've locked him back up again, no more bathroom breaks for him!!!