Throat Hit ?

So had the e-cig for 4 months or so whatever . I love vaping on zero nictine stuff different flavors , mixing glycerine Usp with tastey puff flavorings and the vaping is great .

My question is with e-liquids that have nicotine in m like lets say a tabacco cartomizer or lets say a 18-24 mg nicotine juice , the vapor is really hurting on the throut to the point where its hard to tell if its the nicotine or the atomizer burning . what gives .

My question is with e-liquids that have nicotine in m like lets say a tabacco cartomizer or lets say a 18-24 mg nicotine juice , the vapor is really hurting on the throut to the point where its hard to tell if its the nicotine or the atomizer burning . what gives .

If you've been doing 0, you will kill your throat doing nic. Its all a matter of what you are used to. When I went to 0, doing anything above 6mg would kill me, hacking, coughing, etc. I started at 24mg and at that time seemed good at the time.

Edited by FTJoe

That was my point in the previous post. I started at 24mg, felt good, enough like smoking I was satisfied. I worked my way down to 0mg after a month or two. Now if I have any juice with even 6-11mg I have a coughing fit. Now having said that, have you tried a different atty to make sure its not "stale" and on its way out?

Edited by FTJoe

Well, I haven't had a decent throat hit with my 510 in a while...so the atty must be out then ^.^

As for the juice strength, I've been 24-26 mg so far. But if I attempt to try vaping with my best friend's Joker, I end up coughing my lungs out. I tried cutting down but with the immense stress of daily life, along with raising my daughter by myself, I need the strongest juice (as well as flavorful) until things tend to slow down for me

That's quite a jump from a 510 to a Joker, depending on the atty they are using, it will knock you over. But you should be getting something with 24mg. If you want to see what not having a TH is really about go 0mg. I call it kissing your cousin, ho hum. I have to say though an ego with an LR atty is quite nice if you can manage to get one. $20 for the battery, $6 for the cone and a couple of bucks for the adapter to charge it on a 510 charger. Sweet.

I see your in NJ...me too.

Just realized we're kind of hijacking Steve32's thread, sorry Steve32.

Tee hee, well my best friend was the one who jumped from a penstyle to a 510 then the Joker when it first came out. Hmm, sounds interesting ^.^

YAY, NJ! Yes, we shall commandeer this thread and turn it into something...special ;)

It's one of those things that you get used to. The throat hit used to be to much for me but after a couple weeks the intensity started to decrease and after 8 months or so I need a strong throat hit. It's not the same without it.

Sorry Steve !!!

Here's my 2 cents--with throat hit:

1. atty could be a bit flooded. use a corner of paper towel or kleenex, push into atty and let sit for a bit. reprime the atty with a couple drops of liquid and see if that helps.

2. atty could be fading

3. alternate liquids..... I usually find if I change liquids this helps. when I stay on the same flavor too long my body gets used to it. throat hit and flavor die off.

4. I was never a menthol smoke and never really cared for it--but, have found adding a few drops to my liquid seems to give a better throat hit, kinda cool. doesn't taste like menthol is small amounts.

Happy Vaping

Ooh menthol... *drools* I usually found that with menthol or clove (Personally, I'd choose clove over menthol any day) I'd get an immense throat kick :coffee:

So Steve as FTJoe and others stated, it's the nicotine generally that gives you the throat kick. That said, there's a noticeable difference between VG and PG, with the latter having a bit more kick. VG is pretty soft and almost sweet compared to PG. Personally I wouldn't bother vaping if I wasn't getting a decent kick. I vape high-nic and high voltage, and it's usually enough to replece smoking for me. When it's not, toning own too much, I almost always realize that my batteries are going down. New batts, a couple drops on the atty and I'm all set.

If you want to minimize the throat hit, ditch the nic and vape VG as much as possible. Most flavorings (including TP) are mixed in PG so you'll always have something

If you prefer, I can show you where you can get e-juice flavorings made from Ghost Chili peppers (people on Vid chat may remember my experiment with that) It isn't as much a throat hit as it is a chest punch but I can GUARANTEE you that you will feel it! :) Welcome to the forum