Noobie Problem...

Shel

Hi

I've been vaping for about six weeks, on and off, while still using analogs.

Trying to switch completely, but that's another thread.

I have been using the original cart, for about six weeks, and occasionally would get a burnt taste.

Decided to pull out the second atomizer which came with my Joye 510. I also decided to wash my original atomizer, using hot water.

NOW... when I try using the new atomzier, I'm getting almost NO vapor! I can hear the atomizer heating up, I FEEL it heating up, I hear a slight sizzling sound, take a drag, but almost NO smoke comes out!

AND... after drying off my original atomizor and trying IT, same thing! Almost NO VAPOR!

This is really bumming me out, as I don't have another atomizer, and half an hour ago, I was getting GREAT vaper and throat hits! Now? If this is how it was when I originally tried vaping, I probably wouldn't still be vaping!

Anybody have a suggestion? I have new batteries, a new atomizor and tons of carts which I fill myself.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Well every so often you get a bad atomizer which may have happened with the second one. The reason the washed atomizer probably isn't working is due to water. You need to make sure the atomizer is dry before using it again. Try blowing throw the battery end and clearing out all of the water. Then add about 4 drops of E liquid until it starts vaping again.

Have you tried direct dripping? See this video for direct dripping, it could not only help bring your atomizer to life but help you get a better hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14QDp4v3O4&feature=player_embedded

This video here also shows you how to get more vapor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN0NiK3iPWs&feature=player_embedded

Thanks Chris

I tried direct dripping, and it seems to be helping. I have direct dripped in the past. Not getting quite the same amount of vaper, but it's MUCH better! Thanks

By the way, what do you think of the Janty eGo? I'm just checking it out, and it seems pretty nice (of course, I JUST ordered three new batteries and additional carts for my Joye 510, but....)

Is it a PV you can take out with you, or more for home use (size wise?)

I assume I need the entire kit, can't add, say, just the battery to my Joye 510, is that correct?

Thanks for all of your help, both via this thread, and the TONS of help you don't even know that I've received from you, via your videos and replies to other people!

(and I see you're in California! Thought I was the only insomniac around and awake at this hour!)

THANKS!

Shel

Well every so often you get a bad atomizer which may have happened with the second one. The reason the washed atomizer probably isn't working is due to water. You need to make sure the atomizer is dry before using it again. Try blowing throw the battery end and clearing out all of the water. Then add about 4 drops of E liquid until it starts vaping again.

Have you tried direct dripping? See this video for direct dripping, it could not only help bring your atomizer to life but help you get a better hit.

This video here also shows you how to get more vapor

Everyone who has an eGo seems to love it. It does use a 510 attys, so if you wanted you could just buy a battery and charger (and a cone if you want one). You'd probably be better off buying the kit though. The eGo battery will not work on your regular 510 charger, but I think there is an adapter you can use. I'm sure someone else can elaborate on that.

There is an adapter you can use but like Brian stated your better of just getting the entire kit. The eGo will give vapor production much the same as your 510 BUT it has much much longer battery life (12 hours or so) The nice thing about the long battery life is the fact the eGo can use the low resistance atomizers which give you a "5 volt" hit. So you'll end up with nice big clouds of vapor without having to shell out money on a 5 volt unit. Plus with the new jumbo cartomizers coming out for the eGo theres lots you can do with it :)

And yes your not the only one that doesn't sleep :lol: This forum is my second home :thumbsup: (Brains usually up as late us I am)

There is an adapter you can use but like Brian stated your better of just getting the entire kit. The eGo will give vapor production much the same as your 510 BUT it has much much longer battery life (12 hours or so) The nice thing about the long battery life is the fact the eGo can use the low resistance atomizers which give you a "5 volt" hit. So you'll end up with nice big clouds of vapor without having to shell out money on a 5 volt unit. Plus with the new jumbo cartomizers coming out for the eGo theres lots you can do with it :)

And yes your not the only one that doesn't sleep :lol: This forum is my second home :thumbsup: (Brains usually up as late us I am)

Brian and Chris

Thanks for the info!

Guess I better go find my credit card!

Hi Shel...You really can't go wrong with the Ego/Tornado. Like Chris and Brian said it's the next best step into the world of vaping.

I think you'll love it as much as the rest of us do.

Good luck and happy vaping.

I have used my 510's for the last year, with a few passthroughs thrown into the mix.

I highly recommend the Ego !!! I have only had mine a few days, but the battery life is much better. lasting me about 8-10 hours. size wise, perfect for out and about. not too big. You will love it !!

Happy vaping.

I have an ego with 4 batteries. 2 - 650mah which last about 6-8 hours on heavy vaping, and 2 - 950mah which last about 10-12 hours of heavy vaping. You can't go wrong with the ego. Especially using the low res atty's. This thing is a beast, and I LOVE IT!!!!