Thinking About A Joker

bambam74525

I have been using the joye510 and I love it, however sometimes I need something with a little more kick. Thinking about a joker. Has anyone used one? How good are they? Battery Life? Hit? Havnt decided yet. Just wanted some ideas before I decide to buy.

thanks

Turd Ferguson

There are many more options out there besides a Joker for a lot less money. What specific features/attributes are you looking for in a mod? That is a better place to start, in my opinion. The standard 510 is rather weak and a Joker, while providing double the voltage actually would provide 4X the power (output wattage). You could get better output by upgrading to a mid sized device. It really all depends on what you specifically would like in your next device.

Is there anything else you would like to see besides a little more kick?

I have a Joker, and while I like it okay, I also agree with Burn that for the price, you can do better. In the end though, it'll be a matter of personal preference.

I would recommend cheking out the Silver Bullet. It uses an 18650 2400 mAh battery (will last all day or more) for 3.7V or you can use two LiFePO4 for 6V. You can also get the pass-through for it. There's also the Buzz which is new and I'm hearing good things about. There's a lot out there.

Edited by Brian

I do not own a joker but they seem to be really nice. For me the only downside of the joker is the price, everything else seems perfect.

Like burn stated, there are a lot of options depending on what your looking for. Not sure if you have looked into them but you can get a 5v passthrough for $15 if you would like to try out 5v before you spend a bunch of money. This would give you an idea if you would be happy with 5v or if you want to jump up to a 6v mod.

Or you could even try an eGo/Tornado. I got the 1000mah Tornado from Totally Wicked. That with a Low Res. atty is nearly like vaping at 5 volts. Too many options.... too many options...

Here's a helpful site if you are actually looking for a mod: http://www.ecigarette-mods.com/battery_tube_mods.html

I have a Joker..I must say I LOVE IT!! It gives awesome hits and large clouds of vaper...but... it have a few cons to it. My battery life is not so good, sitting here in front of the puter(where I use it all the time) the batteries only last about 3-4 hours...maybe less. A major down side is, Ive already fry'd an atomizer with it, and from what Im hearing, other people have lost more than one so far...the joker just came on the market here not long ago. Think Ive had mine 2-3 weeks. Add in the cost at around $170.....I think you might want to go another route. With that said...Im a big fan of the Ego. Good luck in finding your next mod.

I have a Joker..I must say I LOVE IT!! It gives awesome hits and large clouds of vaper...but... it have a few cons to it. My battery life is not so good, sitting here in front of the puter(where I use it all the time) the batteries only last about 3-4 hours...maybe less. A major down side is, Ive already fry'd an atomizer with it, and from what Im hearing, other people have lost more than one so far...the joker just came on the market here not long ago. Think Ive had mine 2-3 weeks. Add in the cost at around $170.....I think you might want to go another route. With that said...Im a big fan of the Ego. Good luck in finding your next mod.

Kinda what I was thinking... wait until version 2 comes out with any bugs fixed. What am I saying... I don't need the Joker AND the Buzz!! I gotta get the Buzz before anything.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Interesting. I put a brand new atty on it and poof. Got out another one, broke it in on 3.7V for a while, then put it on the Joker and it lasted about two days. I hadn't heard anyone else talk about it so I just figured it was bad attys. Since then I've only used cartos on it. Went back to my SB with regular attys and use the Joker when driving. I didn't even use the stock batteries because they're only 400 mah. I already had Tenergy LiFePO4 750 mah batts and get between 6-10 hours depending on how heavy I vape.

Yea Brian, lost one already. I talked to Chris on Tinychat, he told me there has been some issues with the joker and atomizers. Also a few other problems, buttons sticking,lights not working right....may want to talk to him.

Interesting. I put a brand new atty on it and poof. Got out another one, broke it in on 3.7V for a while, then put it on the Joker and it lasted about two days. I hadn't heard anyone else talk about it so I just figured it was bad attys. Since then I've only used cartos on it. Went back to my SB with regular attys and use the Joker when driving. I didn't even use the stock batteries because they're only 400 mah. I already had Tenergy LiFePO4 750 mah batts and get between 6-10 hours depending on how heavy I vape.

Turn it down little bit man! Oh, wait... that's the BUZZ that's headin' my way. MY BAD.

Ya know Im just yankin' your chain! I'm just a tad excited... :thumbsup:

yeah... i have been hearing about of Joker problems as well...

to be fair...

on one hand, i got both the VT PT and The Spade when they were both newer devices and BOTH has issues within a week of getting them.

on the other hand, once repaired they both worked flawlessly since then (january or february).

i will let others find the issues out with the Joker this time, before i get one.

Edited by Stirfry

Looks like you're getting steered towards the eGo and I must say I concur. My son has one, and I really like it with a LR atty. Not so much with a regular atty. If you're looking for more kick, you will need to go low resistance with the eGo. So whenever you order, be sure to pick up five or ten LR 510s to go with it, and plenty of juice. If using a LR atty, my own recommendation, and this is not scientific, is to avoid dark liquids and favor the lighter ones. The LR attys in my experience can build up a pretty nasty taste every day that you will need to clean out somehow. I dry burn it out personally, but that probably has a longevity price.

I haven't used a Joker but given the ambivalent response I'd also suggest looking elsewhere. My first mod was a VP2 also made by VaprLife, which failed after about five months of use. I expected it to last a lifetime, so I was disappointed. I've since learned that no mod is going to last a lifetime, except maybe the GG. But who can get their hands on one of those? Only a lucky and persistent few with a boatload of money. Don't concern yourself with trying to find that golden device; you'll replace your PV regularly just because the technology is improving so much if nothing else. Go with a proven unit now and start watching this forum for new stuff coming out all the time. And start saving your pennies for your next mod! :)

Good luck and keep us posted what you decide.

Looks like you're getting steered towards the eGo and I must say I concur. My son has one, and I really like it with a LR atty. Not so much with a regular atty. If you're looking for more kick, you will need to go low resistance with the eGo. So whenever you order, be sure to pick up five or ten LR 510s to go with it, and plenty of juice. If using a LR atty, my own recommendation, and this is not scientific, is to avoid dark liquids and favor the lighter ones. The LR attys in my experience can build up a pretty nasty taste every day that you will need to clean out somehow. I dry burn it out personally, but that probably has a longevity price.

I haven't used a Joker but given the ambivalent response I'd also suggest looking elsewhere. My first mod was a VP2 also made by VaprLife, which failed after about five months of use. I expected it to last a lifetime, so I was disappointed. I've since learned that no mod is going to last a lifetime, except maybe the GG. But who can get their hands on one of those? Only a lucky and persistent few with a boatload of money. Don't concern yourself with trying to find that golden device; you'll replace your PV regularly just because the technology is improving so much if nothing else. Go with a proven unit now and start watching this forum for new stuff coming out all the time. And start saving your pennies for your next mod! :)

True statements he speaks about the eGo!

I had the same luck with my VP2 also... button failure for me.

Maybe it's the first production run of each?? Kinda like cars... usually by the second and third years they have most of the bugs figured out with them. Sucks for us for droppin' the cash in the beginning... but it's our choice to do that! Man I can't wait for my BUZZ. LOL. :thumbsdown:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Yes the Joker has a learning curve, but ooh the sweet spot! Been my portable goto for 4wks +-, use the pass through @ home, gone through some attys and juice, but loving it thus far.Batteries last 8hrs plus, heavy vaping, alternating attys and flavors. The 510 get hot, after about 6 draws. I now take short puffs, I was getting a backfire on longer draws with both 510s and my 801s. Also had issues with PT and my JB, more me than the units??? We each have to find what works for us, and I do love to share! OOOH that 5v sweet spot! Vape on! Monty Thanks all for all the great info!

I have a Joker, and it has been my go to device since the day I got it. My go to atty has been the 801, so I got the Joker from vaprlife so I could get it with the 801 fitting. I have not popped an 801 atty yet, but I did pop 2 901s, which is no great loss since I'm really not a fan of the 901 attys. I have not tried a 510 atty on it, but is rocks a 510 carto.

The first 801 atty I tried came with my VP1 and I liked it OK, but then I bought one from the VT store and fell in love with it. I've gotten some other 801s that I didn't think much of, so I decided to try a Joye 302. It turns out that the one I got from the VT store that I loved was really a 302. The air holes are different and it makes a huge difference, so when I say that the 801 is my go to atty, I really mean the Joye 302.

Given what others have said about popping attys, I would say that the Joker was designed to rock an 801/302 atty. I do agree that the price was set a bit high, but since I bought it with the 801 fitting and I use primarily 302 attys, the Joker has worked flawlessly for me. I would say that I'm a pretty heavy vaper, and given that I use the passthrough when in front of the computer, I go through 1 set of batteries a day.

My best friend has a Joker. The only flaw with it is that within a matter of 5 days after ordering a new atty, it popped! We don't know if it's a manufacturing issue or just a fluke...but it doesn't change my opinion on how the Joker is on the throat kick: Spectacular!

The Joker is a great beast of a pv, only trouble is, I don't want to stop using it to send it in to have the led repaired. The light went out on day 2 but still vapes like monster. This bad boy hasn't left my hand since I opened it.

I own a VP/PT and it's been bulletproof reliability wise, so I expected the same quality in the Joker and ESPECIALLY at that price. I'd say wait and watch and see if there will be a Joker V2.

Bottom line - I love my Joker but not so in love with the defects or price.

Janty eGo and the Silver Bullet both rock!

Ohh, and the eGo has a special charger, be sure to get the special charger made especially for their battery. It'll charge in 2 hours and last 5-16 avging 8 hrs.